It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the World End Today, Do Ya Think?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
That's great it starts with an...
Earthquake
Birds
Snakes
Aeroplanes
Lenny Bruce is not afraid

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
If it does... I don't have to repay my student loans and morgage.

The real question for me is what is waiting on the other side.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by fishneedh2o
If it does... I don't have to repay my student loans and morgage.

That's an attitude I can appreciate. Like I said elsewhere, the best thing about the world ending is not having to wake up tomorrow wondering what's going to happen when the world ends because the world has ended

Originally posted by fishneedh2o
The real question for me is what is waiting on the other side.

And I don't think we'll know that for sure until we get there so something to look forward to.

[edit on 13-3-2009 by TravelerintheDark]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Be awesome if it did. I'm getting annoyed with life.

Usually Im just angry at it.

Think I'll go yell at my garden.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
they might like the carbon dioxide without emotion though.... funny.

End of the world? Not mine!
I have things I have never done.
There are people I haven't met.
Places I haven't seen.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Do I think the world will end today? No.

If it does I am not going to worry about it because there is NOTHING I can do about it. So why just sit in my room curled up in the fetal positon in the corner.

I am going to live my life to the fullest whether the world is ending or not.

I am not afraid of death or dying. I do not know what is waiting for me on the other side, so I will just have to wait untill that day comes. Untill it does, im going to go on with my life and continue taking care of my family.

My day may come in 5 seconds or in 50 years but untill it does I am not going to worry and neither should you.

[edit on 13-3-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
How goes it traveler. Is the world going to end, eventually, today don't think so but, it is getting closer everyday.

The snake thread is something that really isn't unexplainable. Most snakes won't eat if they are not hungry, so the hamster being with it not to weird. When the snake gets hungry the hamster won't be there anymore.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TravelerintheDark

people have debated and considered the same thing since they had the capacity to be able to.

As to your question, i would say no.
Not today... i don't think the world ending is gonna happen anytime soon... and it's such a broad term.

Do you mean, planet earth destroyed?

Do you mean all of humanity being wiped out?

The entire universe being sucked into a black hole?

I suppose they could all happen....but can the energy that flows from each one of us and from every particle and molecule in the universe ever be "killed" or stopped?...... i dunno, i think not.

[edit on 13/3/09 by blupblup]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

people have debated and considered the same thing since they had the capacity to be able to.

As to your question, i would say no.
Not today... i don't think the world ending is gonna happen anytime soon... and it's such a broad term.

Do you mean, planet earth destroyed?

Do you mean all of humanity being wiped out?

The entire universe being sucked into a black hole?

I suppose they could all happen....but can the energy that flows from each one of us and from every particle and molecule in the universe ever be "killed" or stopped?...... i dunno, i think not.

Yes that is another point. "end of the world" is a VERY broad term. IT could mean lots of things. It could even mean that the world continues but people wipe themselves off the face of this earth.

I am not going to worry about it because that is one thing that is out of my control I am going to continue living life to the fullest and if it ends it ends.

Side note, I love your avatar blupblup.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

It was nonexistent once, according to all theories of how the universe came to be. So I don't see why it couldn't collapse into the nothingness it was before.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Ant4AU

That is true....but the operative word is Theories.
We just don't know.

As i said, all i listed were definitely possible.... it's a truly humbling experience to think about, really is.
I could see it all going that way possibly.... but the energy to spark the universe had to already be there in some capacity.... i mean, it had to be right?

Arggghhh.... i feel another head-hurting moment coming on

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Maybe me should of put an I agree with you but line in there. As far as the head hurting goes. I thought that was a requirement to being a member of ATS

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Yes that is another point. "end of the world" is a VERY broad term. IT could mean lots of things. It could even mean that the world continues but people wipe themselves off the face of this earth.

yeah...that's what i said in one, all humanity wiped out...it would be the end of OUR world....but not THE world.
I think we (humans) think we are the be all and end all....we're really not.

Earth did just fine before us and (hopefully if we don't destroy it) will do for long after we're gone.

I am not going to worry about it because that is one thing that is out of my control I am going to continue living life to the fullest and if it ends it ends.

Damn right mate

It's an interesting thing to contemplate and discuss but i never let it affect my life.... i never think the world will end on "insert date here" or whatever.... just silly.

Live your life to the max and enjoy and do as much as you can

Side note, I love your avatar blupblup.

cheers dude.... i thought i'd go for something a little lighter this time

i have a jesus one.... not the real jesus obviously, but jesus from the big lebowski.... just gotta figure out how to change background colour and I'll give it a whirl

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ant4AU

Maybe me should of put an I agree with you but line in there. As far as the head hurting goes. I thought that was a requirement to being a member of ATS

Oh i know you were agreeing

And yeah....head hurting and the ability to not sleep and stay up way past the normal limit is a must

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
The world is not going to end today!

I have advanced warning of the 'end of the world'... It's quite simple, when I hit the lottery jackpot the world will end the following day, that's how lucky I am - So I will let everyone know as soon as I am a millionaire so you can kiss your loved ones good buy.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
This is what I think

"I certainly hope we will"!

[edit on 3/13/2009 by eye open doors]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Woohoo...Where still here lol

(Sorry I couldn't resist it)

I just want to say that your poetry and writing is excellent..

...and thanks for adding me to your friends list...I have added you to mine also..

Cya around on the boards...

- JC

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Joecroft

I know, better luck tomorrow perhaps

And thanks very much

new topics

top topics

join