It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have we finally found proof that life existed in Mars?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   
(I did not know where to post this, so if this is the wrong place, mods please transfer it to the appropiate forum, thanks)

Extraordinary claims need extraordinary evidence- and this is a wild and outlandish sounding claim. It is fortunate that I have enough solid evidence to allow others to verify this for themselves. You can personally see the evidence and decide for yourself. I have no doubts that this will soon be verified by other sources and that the results are conclusive- life did indeed exist on Mars, and the spherules that have been found by Opportunity (and now by Spirit as well) are fossils of a small aquatic crustacean similar to a trilobite or a primitive shrimp. Others are relatives of the sea urchin or sand dollar.

What I Am Claiming

Simply put, the "spherules" that have been found on Mars are clearly fossils of a primitive urchin-like echinoderm.

In detail, that these spherules are the remains of aquatic organisms, and that some are dimorphic- having two distinct sexes, and differing forms that clearly show relationships to urchins, crabs, tadpole shrimp, and other similar organisms. They resemble organisms like cladocera, a simple crustacean with a split shell. Some of the spheres in the panoramic images are clearly fractured in half, and that is one reason why I think that cladocera might be the proper classification.

Further note- many of the spherules are similar to sea urchins, and are echinoderms These have a number of different forms as well. An excellent paper on them is here. Urchins can reproduce by fissioning, and some images clearly reveal "double" spherules. One cracked spherule shows faint internal features that appear to resemble the internal anatomy of an urchin, down to its five-fold symmetry. Here is an image. The groove and shape lead me to think that they are closely related in structure to loveniidae or echinocardium

Excerpts taken from.
home.cfl.rr.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I don't know... It sounds a far fetched... This guy seems qualified, but not in fossils and such. I think he said that he has been collecting rocks for 40 years but that doesn't mean he's an expert. The pics are interesting though. He does give good examples of similar life on earth but it doesn't seem to me that life on two different planets in two completely different environments would look anything alike. But hey that's just me. Also, it looks like in some of these pictures, that these "fossils" were just laying around, i think that's kinda unlikely. True it's happened on earth, but fossils these old are usually found by digging in the earth. With all the dust storms and such on Mars, i find it somewhat unlikely that these "fossils" could jsut be scattered around waiting for someone one to find them. But who know's! anything is possible, this a place no one has ever set foot on so who know's what's true and what isn't on Mars.

If anyone else has some ideas i'd love to hear them!!

Nice post!

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
There evidnece everywhere that there was life on Mars, but i think the scientists are concertrated on Mars too much. On other hand Venus has more signs of life. The air there is alike with ours, and there are more signs of water there or maybe even there is water there.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
What signs or evidence of life have been put forward that show life could have existed on Venus.

Just curious!!!

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
AD5673

posted on 19-4-2004 at 08:27
There evidnece everywhere that there was life on Mars, but i think the scientists are concertrated on Mars too much. On other hand Venus has more signs of life. The air there is alike with ours, and there are more signs of water there or maybe even there is water there.

Earth and Venus have a similar atmosphere?

Venus:
96% carbon Dioxide, the rest is mainly Nitrogen.
Venus also has Sulphuric Clouds and the atmospheric pressure on Venus is about 90 times greater than Earth's (i.e. something that weighs 10 pouns on Earth weighs 900 pounds on Venus.)
csep10.phys.utk.edu...

Earth:
79% Nitrogen
20% oxygen
1% other gases
Don't see very many similarities here.
csep10.phys.utk.edu...

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
It was in the past I believe that Venus had an Earth like atmosphere.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
true. Maybe Venus did have at one point an atmosphere that resembles earth's but that doesn't mean life existed there.

According to this article, Venus was the best place for life...4 billion years ago! at that point, the earth was still being bombarded by meteors and such! and the oldest living organisms to date are only about 3.5 billion years old! that means that 500 million years before the earth was even showing one little spec of life, Venus would have already have had to have a thriving colony of basic life. i find that hard to believe considering that our solar system is only about 4.6 billion years old to begin with. That leaves about 600 million years for life to develop. Theoretically it's possible, but i find it hard to believe... there just wasn't enough time for life to evolve on Venus.

Venus article
www.popsci.com...
First signs of life on Earth
www.chelt.ac.uk...

[Edited on 19-4-2004 by Red_Rocket]

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Venus was the best place for life...4 billion years ago! at that point, the earth was still being bombarded by meteors and such! and the oldest living organisms to date are only about 3.5 billion years old!

Dont forget, this IS another planet, life could have began earlier there than it did here

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I have a feeling that those pictures were taken ON EARTH BY NASA. Maybe they are getting us ready for disclosure of the REAL STUFF on Mars.
Several months ago, I heard Richard Hoagland say that NASA (or the government) told him to "release the information gradually"....so that people could adjust to the concept of ET life. He said it on Coast to Coast AM,.....and only that ONE time.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Yeah, it looks like sea shells, but I'm not really suprised. Maybe that's the best way to break it to people though - start with sea shells and move up.

What would really suprise me is some evidence of a higher form of life once existed there, be we might have to wait a few years for that one.

new topics

top topics

join