It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Visiting A CIA 'Blank' Site

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
This sounds like it might be one to watch...I mean listen to.

Visiting A CIA 'Blank' Site by Adam Burke Audio for this story will be available at approx. 3:00 p.m. ET Day to Day, March 13, 2009 · Trevor Paglen combined his skills as a journalist, geographer and visual artist to study CIA "blank" sites — restricted areas featuring ultra-secret labs and other covert charms. Paglen leads a night-time visit to a Nevada site.

NPR

The transcript is still pending on this story. I am not sure what 'Blank" site in Nevada is being referred to. Did anyone hear this report yet or know any more details....sounds interesting.?

Peace

[edit on 13-3-2009 by DancedWithWolves]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
In my opinion, the word 'blank' was a mis-print which meant 'black', per the current common terminology, CIA black site. Here is a link that shows more about the cia black site.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by simonecharisse

Maybe it means ‘blank check.’

The audio is up now at the site and runs 9 minutes.

A brief intro…

“The U.S. government spends around 50 billion dollars a year on covert activities.

The book is called Blank Spots on the Map.

The shadow world of covert bases, rendition flights and secret weapons sites….."

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I appreciate those facts. I knew the black-budget was almost unfathomably huge, but I did not know it was 50 billion dollars a year. I figured it was around that. When I hear someone complain about public aid recipients and their couple hundred dollars a month, it just -enrages- me, that they won't wonder about what the black budget slush funds are buying.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
It is indeed "blank" sites, the author refers to them as blank spots on the map. It's obscene that one agency of the government alone could spend 50 Billion a year on programs that have no oversight or accountability. Combine this with the 100 Billion the US has been spending in Iraq it's easy to see how the economy is in such a tailspin. We're about to go the way of the Soviets and all we'll have left to show for it are the off-limit covert sites, with god knows what taking place there.

new topics

top topics

join