It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican Government is close to naming names of U.S. government corrupted officials.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
The world leadership realizes, or is being prompted to show acknowledgment of the fact that the US has pushed beyond its reach.

In that lull there will most certainly be present the opponents we used to enjoy vesting easily. The most dangerous of which will be those we made enemies by no provocation of their own accord. Our eggs for the omelet, as we like to say when justifying our way of life.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

can you back that up with any proof, or are you just speculating? Russia backing anyone other than some far-leftist, American hating government is just a little off. And besides, a war between Mexico and the US will not happen, ever.
Another thing, who do you think has been supplying the cartels with M16's, ar-15's and M4's? think about it, why not have huge arms dealing companies in the states ship over guns if they're getting paid in the billions to do so?

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
It is so funny in a sad kind of way that most all of you are missing the point.
Yes, Mexico is corrupt, we all know that.
The issue at hand right now is the war on drugs. The USA has asked Mexico to get a handle on the corruption south of the border, it will take YEARS (in caps) to get it done, if it ever happens, to win the drug wars.
Now, part of the problem, on the American side of the border is that drugs are being let in, distributed, and sold = generating money and fuel for the drug cartels to keep on going.
All that Mexico is saying is that on the American side, there has to be corrupt powerful people involved in order for all of this distribution and sale to happen. Maybe they have the names, I don't know.
But the war on drugs will never have any chance of success if both countries don't get their heads out of their a$$es and start cleaning up their own systems on both sides of the border.

There are a lot of threads talking about how the violence of the drug cartels is spilling over to the American side. Well, if there is no real effort on both sides, the problem will never end.

Oh, and legalization will never work. It will bring the cost of drugs down and the people who are making obscene amounts of money right now would cease to do so......so, that will NEVER happen. It would be bad for their business.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
This sound's like a threat for a late payoff,just my two cent's.but if we hear no more on this then that was all it was. you have to remember that the people in power up here do not have the play money they once had.so how else do you light a fire under the crooked U.S.crook's that are involved!go's to show you even the cathlic church want's there's,what a world we live in I LOVE IT

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05
I dont care who calls corruption out, as long as its spoken, and properly. Pot calling the kettle black yada yada - i say its good on both sides. They call us out, we call them out. Lay the cards out.

The problem I see is the credibility issue.
How do you believe a corrupt person is honest enough to tell us about other people who are corrupt.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I was wondering why they didnt take this action ealier.
The only thing was a few officals names stopping the U.S.
Now we can be a bit more transparent about drugs feuling our economy.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by baseball101
reply to post by WyrdeOne

i agree this is quite an ironic thing ...

reply to post by spark00

and i'm not going to lie the corruption it's claiming kind of reminds me of this season's 24 ...

It is following this season down to a T.
The whole premise of the first 8 episodes is that threats of massive attacks on US soil, and the fact that every single division or agency in the US had been infiltrated and corrupted, even the white house.

Art imitating life??

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I agree. This seems to be a smoke screen to try to distract from all the pleasant stuff about Mexico right now.

Almost a childish attempt.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by haika

Neither side has taken action and I think both sides are getting sick of it.
Problem is this is a delicate diplomatic situation. And for us to suddenly beef up military security on our side could be taken as an aggressive move.
I think the parties involved should stop bickering and sit down and come to an agreement at what is an acceptable course of action.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

National pride dont let you see farter than your finger, just read a bit of world history, all the great nations of the world have had a time. but they start to fall when they forgot god.

Nice try sneaking in some religious propoganda to the thread!
Just so you know, the Roman empire fell shortly after converting to christianity. That doesn't really tie in with your theory.
Neither does the fact that in Japan, who is a relatively small country, with excellent economy, education and stability, is vast-majority atheist. Yes, only 10% of Japanese believe in a deity.
What about the Mongols? They were just as religious when they collapsed as when they were born.
Or the Ottomans, or the Egyptians, or the Assyrians, or the Greeks... You can believe what you want, but the facts speak for themselves.
By the way, wasn't Catholisism forced onto the Mexican people, just like the Spanish language? And if Mexico is such a godly place, how come there's so many murders there all the time? And why doesn't god help you with you eith your economy? There's a few holes in your theory!

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by cruzion

National pride dont let you see farter than your finger, just read a bit of world history, all the great nations of the world have had a time. but they start to fall when they forgot god.

Just so you know, the Roman empire fell shortly after converting to christianity. That doesn't really tie in with your theory.
Neither does the fact that in Japan, who is a relatively small country, with excellent economy, education and stability, is vast-majority atheist. Yes, only 10% of Japanese believe in a deity.
What about the Mongols? They were just as religious when they collapsed as when they were born.
Or the Ottomans, or the Egyptians, or the Assyrians, or the Greeks... You can believe what you want, but the facts speak for themselves.
By the way, wasn't Catholisism forced onto the Mexican people, just like the Spanish language? And if Mexico is such a godly place, how come there's so many murders there all the time? And why doesn't god help you with you eith your economy? There's a few holes in your theory!

The fact of the matter is that organized religion has been the cause of many wars as well as the worst mass genocides in the history of the planet.

The Catholic Church thanks to Columbus is responsible for the mass genocide of many millions of indigenous people in South America, Central America, and North America. Of course the majority of the genocide in North America cannot be directly attributed to the Catholic Church but it was Columbus who began it and they did murder hundreds of thousands in the Caribbean and in Florida beginning in the latter 15th century.

It is not religion that saves or destroys it is selfishness and corruption. Look at all of the empires that have fallen and you will see both, just as we see in the United States today.

Teahupoo

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The British Went to War with China to force opium markets open in the early 1900's. Hong Kong was delivered to the British for 99 years, the price China had to pay to end the war with England. A war that started because China tried to end Englands importation of Opium.
This was the Bank of England at work, supporting the drug trade with military force and reaping Billions of dollars in the last several centuries using british regular army to enforce and manage a worldwide drug trade.

It is common knowledge the US govt ran Cocaine thru America to generate funds for the Contra's in the 1980's. It was US military that ran these operations. They are doing the same in Afghanistan and Iraq today.

Common thread? Govts are wholeheartedly invested in drug trades and have been for hundreds of years. The Military is used to manage logistics and crush anyone that isnt part of the program. And now we have private armies of mercenaries and contracted military to carry out these operations.

Mexico is calling out Hypocrisy of American Politicians, and rightly so. People seriously think South American drug lords operate independant of the US military...?
The Bush family in knee deep in the coc aine trade, has been for decades. Americans for some reason choose to live in a world of fantasy and make believe, refusing to acknowledge the role that its leaders have played in the world regarding drugs and corruption.

Mexico is paying the price for American Corruption and greed, that is the point they are making and hopefully carry out their threat to expose the participants in the charade.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The only problem I see, is that they are not doing it fast enough.Mexico stated that they were going to start naming names, yet we are still waiting. What is the holdup? My guess.... Payola. The mere threat of naming names, generally brings about increased corruption as the soon to be accused either start paying off the Mexicans, or doing back door deals to 'fix' the issues.

Perhaps we will begin to see a softer US government stance towards Mexico soon.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

The Catholic Church thanks to Columbus is responsible for the mass genocide of many millions of indigenous people in South America, Central America, and North America.

The N. & S. Americans were slaughtered, because culturally and technically, they were way behind the invaders. I mean they hadn't even invented the wheel yet! N. Americans were even worse; they hadn't yet even began farming. They would roam from place to place, using up resources as they found them. They didn't even have husbandry until the Europeans brought horses over. They were slaughtered because they were easy to get rid of. They had no chance against advanced military weapons and tactics, and sophisticated leadership, logistics and monetary organization.
Even today, with vast gas and oil reserves, corruption is crippling the country. Combine that with a policy of not allowing other countries to invest in businesses, and peoples dependancy on the drug trade, it is no wonder that the corruption is one of the worst in the western hemisphere.
Mexico has had a lot of opportunity to advance further than it has.
They need to clean their own house before they start commenting on other peoples.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by tac109
Oh wow The Mexican Government.... Which happens to be one of the most corrupt governments in this world. Im all ears.

LOL.... that's like calling someone the tallest midget...

"Every freedom fighters' crooked, every governments' a thief!"

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   

No kidding. They better have some hard evidence. I hope they are aware of the fact that their credibility is laughable and that their word is worth less than nothing.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Teahupoo

Originally posted by cruzion

The fact of the matter is that organized religion has been the cause of many wars as well as the worst mass genocides in the history of the planet.

The Catholic Church thanks to Columbus is responsible for the mass genocide of many millions of indigenous people in South America, Central America, and North America. Of course the majority of the genocide in North America cannot be directly attributed to the Catholic Church but it was Columbus who began it and they did murder hundreds of thousands in the Caribbean and in Florida beginning in the latter 15th century.

It is not religion that saves or destroys it is selfishness and corruption. Look at all of the empires that have fallen and you will see both, just as we see in the United States today.

Teahupoo

Nice way to ignore all the other genocides committed by other groups throughout history. Human history is written in human blood. To pretend the Catholic Church is unique in having this blemish on their history is VERY naive.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by norman619

He never stated that the Catholic Church was the only religion to do harm. It was only an example to demonstrate his point. Relax.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05
I dont care who calls corruption out, as long as its spoken, and properly. Pot calling the kettle black yada yada - i say its good on both sides. They call us out, we call them out. Lay the cards out.

The problem I see is the credibility issue.
How do you believe a corrupt person is honest enough to tell us about other people who are corrupt.

You know how it goes.

It usually takes a corrupt person to reveal a corrupt person. Spilling the beans usually happens on the inside.

Like you said, it does go both ways but at least there's a possibility to get names if they spill the beans. Imagine if names named are beyond just a fall guy and is a major political figure.. Things could get really interesting.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I BET THERES ALOT OF GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS SCRAMBLING RIGHT NOW.
I WISH THEY WOULD JUST RELEASE THE NAMES INSTEAD OF THREATING TOO RELEASE THEM. I AGREE THIS IS A TACTIC TO MAYBE SCARE FOR HELP BUT LETS SEE HOW IT TURNS OUT.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join