It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guatemala: UFO experts amazed by Mayan panels just unearthed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Hi there - thanks OP for this a very interesting find, even though I too find it hard (based on the image shown) to make any UFO connection, if I had to guess it looks like the dudes are in ceremonial head gear etc perhaps on either side of a table?? but who knows... what struck me most was that if these carvings were only 'just discovered' they're remarkably clean..do you think there may be more revealing carvings hidden away?

berth

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   

As expected there was no mention of aliens or UFOs in relation to the find.

This isn't a story about archaologists being shocked at finding pictures of ufos. It's just about ufo "experts" Dunno quite frankly how anyone can be an expert on a phenomenon which has yet to be explained. But there you go.

Ufo experts who are probably not experts on Mayan culture or architecture, see ufos in these carvings. I'm a bit of a hopeful ufo hunter myself and I can't see anything like that.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
phoney, you can see where cement was poured, look at the rock on the bottom and the cracks. clearly poured over the rock...

find another like that ... real ones are much more detailed and dont run around a rock in the dirt

Mayan Panels

Richard Hansen seems to always be around Hoaxs, like the pyrmid in Bosnia, etc.

[edit on 14-3-2009 by werk71]

[edit on 14-3-2009 by werk71]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by stewartw2

I'm not denying the existence of aliens or UFO. I quite believe that they are real and do exist, in the multitudes.

I was merely pointing out that the article presented at the head of this thread as "news" is most likely bunk. Also - when I look at that glyph of the "alien at a console;" I see a man with a monkey on his back, and the monkey is eating berries or some fruit from a basket.

[edit on 14-3-2009 by Exsisto]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

After looking at the pictures it looks to me like a deformed fetus and a dipictation of water. The artist may have been traumatised by viewing a birth of a deformed fetus thus drwing the image as a coping mechanism. If any thing visited the ancient Mayan people it was angels and or God, not ET. Thia image (as proven by this thread) only validates the many interpertations of the ancient art. One automaticly jumping to the conclusion that carving is of an alien space craft and non human being is simply ignorant.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melissa101

After looking at the pictures it looks to me like a deformed fetus and a dipictation of water. The artist may have been traumatised by viewing a birth of a deformed fetus thus drwing the image as a coping mechanism. If any thing visited the ancient Mayan people it was angels and or God, not ET. Thia image (as proven by this thread) only validates the many interpertations of the ancient art. One automaticly jumping to the conclusion that carving is of an alien space craft and non human being is simply ignorant.

Right , so you KNOW that it can't be depicting any aliens or UFOs?

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daisy-Lola

It just looks like some of their other carvings. Problem is, there's no one around who carved it to say exactly what it is, or what it represents.

Here we have a strange creature, probably alien, clearly operating something on a console.
See how easy it is?

First off thanks for the link to the pictures.

I like you do not see much there on the surface; however, if you take into consideration the Mayan's fascination with the stars (space), it does make some logical sense. Civilizations have historically always left behind some sort of lasting representation of their culture. We are no different in today's world. Look at the monuments we have in America, an archeologist from the future would seem to be ably to figure out our culture relatively easily from our monuments and I would suspect that has been done deliberately. I would also suspect that these ancient cultures were no different. We can see it in every civilization's remnants, from ancient Greece to Rome, Egypt, Iraq, Israel, and just about every civilization we have ever discovered.

Humanity has a very strong desire for immortality, and it seems that if we can not be immortal ourselves, we will at least try to make our civilizations immortal.

Now here is an even bigger question that no one is asking and I have never heard anyone ask this before.

If numerous ancient cultures have written about ufo's and aliens albeit that's not how they viewed them, remember some of these people still thought the Earth was flat and that it was the center of the universe, so they would have no reason to believe that a race from outside this world could be more intelligent. If we are the center of the galaxy, then we would be the oldest race and the most advanced, anything more advanced to them would most assuredly be seen as deity of some sort. So that leads me to the question:

If these civilizations did not deem it necessary to keep the knowledge of the visitors secret, and they obviously didn't if they drew pictures of it and wrote about it; then why does modern governments keep this information secret? Their cultures had just as much need for military superiority as we do now, surely they could have gotten some weapons technology from their friends, even something as primitive as a flint rifle in ancient Greece would have given them tremendous military superiority.

[edit on 3/14/2009 by DarrylGalasso]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by stewartw2

After looking at the pictures it looks to me like a deformed fetus and a duplication of water. The artist may have been traumatized by viewing a birth of a deformed fetus thus drawing the image as a coping mechanism. If any thing visited the ancient Mayan people it was angels and or God, not ET. This image (as proven by this thread) only validates the many interpretations of the ancient art. One automatically jumping to the conclusion that carving is of an alien space craft and non human being is simply ignorant.

Right , so you KNOW that it can't be depicting any aliens or UFOs?

Pretty much, yes. I am saying that people keep searching for an alternate being when there is only one. This alien mess is just another way of satan twisting things so that some people believe in anything and everything other than God. Satan is a master manipulator and if you turn everything to its direct opposite you will generally find the truth. An example; the sightings of "strange" orbs’ and lights, these are not aliens, these are angles. In the Bible another word for angle is star or light, there is a reason for that. And to directly answer your question, yes and no. Yes I KNOW that aliens are a figment of satan’s imagination but no I do not know for a fact that these ancient Mayan people were not deceived by satan as well, they may in fact believed in aliens as well, who knows?

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Regarding the Sean Sprague image. The "guy"? on the left is looking through some sort of telescope, and is holding a baby/alien/homunculus? on his shoulder who is pointing out either the moon....or Mars on some sort of star chart? Map? If you look below the rocky planets (Mercury-Mars) You'll see three gas giants. The one in the middle having a spot on it like the great red spot on Jupiter. Just my interpretation, but I'm fairly certain that the guy Human or whatever on the left is looking through a telescope. it's like the thing on his shoulder.... Alien or whatever, is telling him to look at the Moon through the telescope.

[edit on 14-3-2009 by Zenagain]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Looks to me like these are the gods overlooking the great highway that stretches N/S for 3000 miles in S America.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
that whent wrong i couldnt upload a picture
to me it looks like the disk could have crashed underwater and there swiming around it lookin at the remains
the picture of the creature and what seams to resembel a console could have been what they found inside
perhaps what they have over there heads were early snorkels ??

just a idea

[edit on 14-3-2009 by batch]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Another viewpoint:

On one panel, the twins are depicted surrounded by cosmic monsters and above them is a bird deity with outstretched wings. On the other, there is a Mayan corn god framed by an undulating serpent, said Hansen who worked as a consultant for Mel Gibson's 2006 movie about the Maya, "Apocalypto."
uk.reuters.com...

right.
no ufo.period.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."
right, too.

first archeology then ufology.

always the same ´problem´.

cheers

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Not everything ancient is proof of aliens and UFOs. The explanations for the images on the panels are supported by the mythology of the Mayans. The guys that interpret the evidence have spent their careers studying Mayan archaeology. They aren't hoaxing the evidence to mislead the world away from 'evidence of aliens and UFOs'.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/859b65daa403.jpg[/atsimg]

The panels, which flank the series of pools of a unique water control system that included the capture of rainwater from surrounding massive architecture, depict two “swimming” individuals that are framed by cosmic monsters of importance in ancient Maya art. “We tentatively believe that the ‘swimmers’ represent the Hero Twins of the Popol Vuh,” said Hansen, referring to the Quiche Maya text of the Maya creation story, which was found in the highland town of Chichicastenango in A.D. 1700 and transcribed by a Dominican monk named Francisco Ximenez by about 1704.

“One of the swimmers has a decapitated head on his flanks, which is likely the decapitated head of his father, who was known in Maya mythology as Hun Hunahpu.” The other swimmer has a headdress with jaguar features, which would possibly associate him with his twin brother, known as ‘Xbalanque’ (Young Jaguar Sun), according to Hansen.“This suggests that the antiquity of the Popol Vuh as an authentic creation story extends far into the Preclassic eras,” said Hector Escobedo, vice minister of Culture in the Guatemalan Ministry of Culture. Additional upper panels of the water frieze show what appears to be an undulating serpent, which frames Deity images of an old man with wings.
News source

There's plenty of evidence that UFOs exist, but this isn't it. If people continue to make claims like this UFOlogy will continue to be laughed at

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   

. If any thing visited the ancient Mayan people it was angels and or God, not ET.

Angels and God , of course how could we have been so blind not to recognize that those were the very well known and scientifically explained Angels (which we o course meet on a daily basis so how could we have been so blind
) ahh and of course God himself . Now this sounds much more plausible than an advanced civilization from some distant star system of which there are trillions in the universe...

[edit on 14-3-2009 by Thill]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
All I could make out was the swimming person and something like a giant ear. I do like the picture of the ugly monkey eating the inner planets and the guy using the smell-a-scope thing from Futureama.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
So what the carving actually says is, "Beware of swimmer's ear." ?

Somehow, I liked the UFO connection better.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Blimey some of you are wanting to shoot this down or shoot me down I am not to sure, I put this up to share I am not saying that without a doubt its a UFO I am saying however that this is an interesting find. Infact any archeological find is interesting to me. Especially when it comes to the mayans.

Just so we all know where I stand on this.

I am a believer of the mayan prophecies
I do believe that something is going to happen in the year 2012.
I do believe that the mayans are the link we need to find to prove HUMAN and ET coexisted on this earth together
I do believe that confiscated mayan manuscripts hold the answers to what we are all searching for.

Only a few things stand in front of us now and I believe time is now ticking on our side.

[edit on 14-3-2009 by franspeakfree]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Not to worry Fran.

You have one supporter here... for I believe. You can not let Group B drive you mad. The human mind is simply what it is, an organ to sort things out.
I respect those who tend to differ with me. I only wish Group B would respect my view. To be human is to suffer, right?

There are so many anomalous artifacts scattered across the globe, but the problem is that no "scientific" group will step forward with the "Golden Common Denominator," for fear of loosing their paycheck. Period.

We can only hope, & continue to search & dig.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DREAMING MAN

Not to worry Fran.

You have one supporter here... for I believe. You can not let Group B drive you mad. The human mind is simply what it is, an organ to sort things out.
I respect those who tend to differ with me. I only wish Group B would respect my view. To be human is to suffer, right?

There are so many anomalous artifacts scattered across the globe, but the problem is that no "scientific" group will step forward with the "Golden Common Denominator," for fear of loosing their paycheck. Period.

We can only hope, & continue to search & dig.

Thats what life is all about, instead of limiting the mind open it as far as it will go and then watch and learn, we are all in the same boat looking for the same answers, its just that we are all walking our own paths Therefore,we all see different things, doesnt mean they are not there, it just means that they aren't on our particular path.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join