It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guatemala: UFO experts amazed by Mayan panels just unearthed

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
The history channel did a great job with the Ancient Aliens special that just aired. Nothing new, but it was good for beginners, and very interesting for people like me who have been reading about this for years.

I don't know what the monkey guy is, but the thing coming out of his nose was claimed to be some sort of breathing apparatus. The guy in the image is thier leader who they say was over 9 feet tall.

There is a better carving of him sitting much like a modern astronaut with the breathing apparatus in. He's sitting in a little pod on top of a very large engine or rocket with fire coming out of the bottom. It's pretty awesome no matter what you believe.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
It looks like a wonderful archaeological find to me. I don't see anything alien about it, other than "alien" as in people who lived that far in the past are kind of "alien" to us in their thinking and ideas.

Great find though. Thanks

Peace

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
The second one looks like it has to do with being underwater. The man on the left has something attached to his nose. The creature does appear to be working on something but the three dots could be bubbles.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
I think this is it

I see a man wearing an animal skin complete with skull .(Aztec jaguar warrior ?)
Or am i completely focusing on the wrong item.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/462969730022.png[/atsimg]

'nough said.

[edit on 13-3-2009 by loam]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daisy-Lola

Originally posted by franspeakfree
Interesting, I read about this new mayan discovery some days back and now I have just found this. I can't wait for them to release the photos.

Ufologists are now marvelling at the latest image of Mayan mythology carved in stone. Many have already noted that the image shown on Reuters clearly depicts a UFO surrounded by two non-human beings covered in some form of technological equipment. Interestingly the date range given for the carvings puts their creation not long after Ezekiel’s graphic descriptions of wheels within wheels. Reuters has published a photo of one of the Mayan panels and to say that the similarity to Ezekiel’s wheels and ‘living creatures’ is striking might be putting it mildly.

Link to Source

all you had to do was scroll down the page to the 'photos' link

It just looks like some of their other carvings. Problem is, there's no one around who carved it to say exactly what it is, or what it represents.

Here we have a strange creature, probably alien, clearly operating something on a console.
See how easy it is?
I'd be very careful about things where you have to squint to try and possibly identify something

[edit on 13/3/09 by Daisy-Lola]

All I see is bunch of ?-? having sex, and the other one has somebody
snorting coke

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Good call on the animal skin, now that is fairly clear to me.

Who the heck knows what these people wore back then. Or what "mushrooms" they might have been eating when they saw these things.

Images like this are more of a Rorschach test imo.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Interpreting antiquities cannot be done without a deep understanding of the culture, its mythologies, symbols and architectural culture.

This takes years of study. I read many books on the subject. Especially Maya and other pre-columbian cultures like the Olmec who we know virtually nothing about, except the surviving stone cities and artifacts (most stolen and melted down for precious metal). Enough to know that I would be making too many assumptions to have any even remote idea of the meanings of such glyphs and sculptures.

While some of the discovered glyphs seem to be almost obvious, they are still very easy to explain away. Erich von Daniken has done the best work in this area, but even he acknowledges how unknown the civilizations records and mythology are.

I personally believe intelligent life has been and are interacting here, but I would be very hard pressed to agree with anyone even more informed than me on the subject of alien-UFO signs in ancient artifacts.

There is no way to know for sure unless aliens tell us what happened. Maya are long gone. So is their culture and so any lexicon of their customs and language.

That being said, it can still be quite interesting, and a subject I enjoy.

ZG

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I see it now!
The mystery of Angelina Jolie's lips has been solved...
She's an alien.
It all makes sense now

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroGhost

There is no way to know for sure unless aliens tell us what happened. Maya are long gone. So is their culture and so any lexicon of their customs and language.

Apparently not so long gone.

The Maya did not cease to exist when their ancient cities went into decline. They live on today in the same areas their ancestors inhabited. Although their culture has changed over time, many Mayas maintain their language and traditions. There are over 750,000 speakers of Mayan languages living in Mexico today (according to INEGI). Present-day Mayan religion is a colorful hybrid of Catholicism and ancient beliefs and rituals. Some Lacandon Maya still live in a traditional manner in the Lacandon jungle of Chiapas.
gomexico.about.com...

The source also says that the ancient culture of the Maya is quite well studied. Since they had writing, and much has been deciphered, quite a lot is known about them. Including their creation mythology. Things that Von Daniken chose to ignore.

[edit on 3/13/2009 by Phage]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

...(in reply to another poster)

Do you people even look at the articles on these before posting "OUTSTANDING FIND!"

I'm sorry, but in looking at the pictures, I'm not sure how you can make out ANYTHING inside of this psychedelic stone carving...

How anyone gets Ezekial out of this is beyond me

i'm guilty of not reading the linked article first... but going on to read the 2 pages of responses...

Only the Gazrok reply was of merit...
and even that confused me because evidently Wikipedia already had
a analysis of the panels recently found in the dense jungle,
which i thought was so very quick for an discovery made recently...

(oops, again... it was from the 7th, & today is the 13th, plenty of time to
post observations in Wiki)
ADD: the www. Idaho State University article is the actual source of the [Quote Box] explainations, see the Gazrok post for the link.

The original 'Reuters' article was overly 'Sensationalized'
with the Tabloid Language to the ancient 'visions' of Ezekiel

all in all...i give the fluff
5 thumbs down

[edit on 13-3-2009 by St Udio]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmy

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Originally posted by Daisy-Lola

Here we have a strange creature, probably alien, clearly operating something on a console.
See how easy it is?
I'd be very careful about things where you have to squint to try and possibly identify something

between that being and the "console" there are 5 objects that could possibly represent Mercury, Venus, Earth (w/moon) and Mars? Does anyone else see that?

in this particular image, it does look like the native is holding some type of device up to it's face, but i cannot tell what it could be. the entity sitting on the natives shoulder could be an animal, midget, child, or even an alien. hard to tell.

I would like to propose these two images for a comparison.

Take all the time you need to find three similarities.

If you don't see anything, it's o.k., I will respect that.

xoomer.virgilio.it...

www.spraguephoto.com...

[edit on 13-3-2009 by DREAMING MAN]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I must apologize for the screw up with the image link labeled xoomer.vir...

I was trying to upload an image from a painted decoration on a Naqada Ic vessel (c-ware) from Abydos Tomb U-239, in Egypt. Unfortunately the link did not work correctly. If any one is familiar with the image, please feel free to assist.

Link: xoomer.virgilio.it...

Again, my apologies.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

This entire article is propaganda. I challenge you to look up the writer, "Michael Cohen," and find any credible information for him. He's a spook. For all we know the "UFO Community" he speaks of may consist of a party of one. The Reuters article he references makes no mention of the UFO community, UFOs, or aliens.

Sorry. I don't like to de-bunk, but it is what it is.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Are experts really amazed at this? Glad I'm not the only who seems a little disheartened by this "amazing find." I'm the furthest thing from an expert on reading these things and would love to hear what true Guatemalan/Mayan experts see in this, and why it isn't just a wall or something. Mardi Gras? Prediction of Roswell lol

Look forward to hearing more

p.s. that "monkey" on the guy's shoulder is pretty darn far from clearly an alien at a console LOL

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
OK, here I go again.

Compare these two images:

xoomer.virgilio.it...

Look in the NOTES section, NOTE 4.......
ref: [4] For Naqada I-II examples of this scene of enemies' subjugation cf. C. Köhler, in: MDAIK 54, 1998, 111f., pl. 6d (Naqada Ic vase from tomb U-239

www.spraguephoto.com...

If this doesn't work, again my apologizes. I'm signing out for the night.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Exsisto

Found these and about a thousand more:

www.thesun.co.uk...

www.unknowncountry.com...

www.coasttocoastam.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by spitefulgod
So errrr, where is the spaceship and the aliens, I see two people swimming around and a separator of some sort, I was expecting something good, someone highlight the image for me.

I think that this is misleading. Maybe this is documentation of an alien visitation but, like you said, there are no aliens. That could mean that they simply witnessed this craft..

Or, as many wouldn't believe anyway, it is possible that this is actually a spacecraft of some kind that they, themselves, constructed. Actually, When you look at the panel's details it looks almost more like this is the case.

In this red square, you see what looks like rocket exhaust or something like it.

In this blue square you see what appears to be a cockpit

And, finally, in this green square you see what appears to be an angled launch-pad of some sort.

What is also interesting is how the man seems to be floating (almost as a person would in zero gravity LOL). All I'm saying is that alot more can be drawn from this than possible UFO and/or alien visitation.

-ChriS

[edit on 14-3-2009 by BlasteR]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Who are the UFO experts? Who are the Ufologists that researched this? No names were given.

All News Web? Where the devil is the news?...it looks like an alt site with very limited resources and using the word news to sound legit. All I saw was fringe stories and a hodge podge of pop culture all wrapped up in opinion, not facts.

I thought some of those Examiner.com opinion pieces being pushed as news were a little weak, but this goes off the cliff.

--as far as the pictures. Not sure what I'm seeing, looks more like swimming to me too.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I keep waiting for Harte to chime in, "Its explained right there in the glyphs. Can't you people read?"

Or better yet, as one poster stated the Mayans are not extinct. They are right there. Some have blended their traditions with the conquorers, but you can be sure there are remote villages who still follow the old ways and understand the old writing. All you would have to have done was ask them instead of pushing past the elders and brushing them off when they were willing to help.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join