It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have we been lied to?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
What if, Obama and the Democratic party are actually behind the economic crisis? The housing market bubble did burst and even if they were separate from this, they may have capitalized on a weak economy in order to beat McCain during the elections.

Notice how the bad economy is being blamed on Bush and the Republicans. Notice how your always reminded of it and how Obama is the savior.

Obama spoke repeatedly that we were in a severe economic crisis and pushed to get the stimulus plans pushed through and approved. As we know, these stimulus plans are laden with pork and earmarks and do not really create that many jobs. However, they do create more government control.

Notice, these news lines from this morning.

Obama Declares: Economic crisis 'not as bad as we think'...

DIRE EMERGENCY CANCELLED:

CITI SHOCKER: KEEP THE MONEY...

Wall St set to extend gains for 4th session...

Retail sales not as bad as feared...

GM Says It Doesn't Need $2 Billion In Aid To Get Through Mar

In summary, what I am saying is, they capitalized on the housing bubble burst, a slowed down economy in order to win the election, gain more control when the economy was not really that bad to begin with.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I doubt Obama caused the economic collapse, but he ceritanly used it to his advantage. Without this economic situation he would not have been able to swing America so far to the left so quickly. His stimulus bill is nothing more then a massive shift towards liberalism. We all know, as Rahm Emmanual said "we can't let a good crisis go to waste". He makes me sick.

-E-

[edit on 13-3-2009 by MysterE]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
yes, but do you really think the economy was that bad to begin with, or do you think that Obama, the Democrats, and the liberal media were behind the whole thing? Now that they have passed the bill they are suddenly saying everything is not that bad.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SailorinAZ
Have we been lied to?

yes.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
i would wager more that the deception is more with it was worse.

The unemployment rate alone would suggest the worst economic health in decades, and i think that the press was lying to us about the full extent of the crisis and these statements that you give us are really more of an effort to keep us from making a run to the banks and pulling out our money.

basically, the same way an EMT respondant is trained to tell the car crash victim that it is not bad and they are gonna be fine even if they are bleeding out on the pavement...

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SailorinAZ
yes, but do you really think the economy was that bad to begin with, or do you think that Obama, the Democrats, and the liberal media were behind the whole thing? Now that they have passed the bill they are suddenly saying everything is not that bad.

I think that the economy was bad, and instead of immediatly trying to fix it, by giving consumers confidence, they prolonged it to pass the spendulus bill. Now that they have what they want they can start reporting that it will get better, not just crisis, crisis, crisis, which hurts consumer confidence and destroys the market. So basically, I don't think they were behind the whole thing, but I think they added fuel to the fire.

-E-

[edit on 13-3-2009 by MysterE]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I agree with wx4caster, its in part to avoid a bank run.
In addition to that, i think the people that are really in control and fluctuate the market at will saw some heat coming, and maybe an "inquisition" that would lead to Madoff having many friends to keep him company.
Looking at a life prison term will make you suddenly not as greedy.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
There is no Democrats and Republican politicians.
This is just the staged acting of teams.
They are both on the same side.
But make it look like they are on different teams, so it looks legit.
How do you explain them all going to the same Bilderburg meetings together?
Both sides?
How do you explain John Kerry, George Bush, both skull and bones, supposedly on the different sides?
Basically some of them run purposely to lose.
So there buddy can win.Its owing them a favor, its part of the elitist code.
I believe that's why they put McCain in, a definite loser.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I have of course heard about this before but really have not given it much thought. Do you really believe that? Is their any proof or super strong evidence or just guess work?

If what your saying is true, what is their ultimate goal?

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I think what we're witnessing right now is a kind of "sugar high" after which there will be a terrible crash.

In my opinion, the fundamentals of the economy are in a shambles. Unfortunately, I don't believe the bailouts and/or the stimulus will pull us through. The Dow is reacting to any nuance of "positive" news, but this rally won't last.

Just take one sector, retail, and look at the damage already done. Inventories sit in warehouses. These will have to be moved at cut rates, which means reduced profit margins and more layoffs.

Unemployment, I predict, will continue to get worse through this year and well into next.

I really don't see the light at the end of the tunnel. I see everyone playing up what seems on the surface to be signs of an upswing, but I think it is an illusion.

The economy can't heal itself in 4 or 5 days. That's absurd.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The concept of "self-fulfilling prophecy" applies here. The media/government is well aware of the $$ mentaility of Americans at the "kitchen talble" as well as on Wall St. If they tell us all is OK, we will start buying again. If they tell us everything is awful, we WILL run to the banks. This is the nature of spin. What choice do they have? We (society) are ficle and scared. People want to believe that their gov is doing what is right...and so we follow the pattern that they lay out. To say that the Dems caused our $$ situation is oversimplistic and near-sighted. Laying blame dosen't really help anyone, including the gov, pay the bills. Obama did benefit from the bad economy, but that does not mean he created it. (other than the shared role of the Senate.)

When we get trapped in finger-pointing about problem creation, we lose sight of solution thinking. Solution thinking is non-partisan. Right?

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I agree with you thoughts, only one question.
If the consumables go for a reduced rate, will people buying more because of the "bargain" set, will that help?
(edit to add
Or is that too little too late?

[edit on 13-3-2009 by guinnessford]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
The current economic recession was well on it's way back in 2007. Be less myopic.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Obama lost ANY credibility that he may have had, when he said during the campaign that he would eliminate earmarks. Then he goes and signs the new spending bill laden with 9,000 of them.
The old saying was never truer: The only time a politician lies is when he opens his mouth.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

you have to view Earmarks for what they are.

Imagine Obama had a family, a really big family, like 250 kids.

Now you want to plan a trip to disneyland, but not all in the family want that.

So , you tell Child no 1; yes i'll let you get a Mickey Hat

So you tell Child no 2; yes i'll buy you a corndog

so you tell Child no 3 ; yes ill take you on the rollar coaster

After making all 250 kids happy

You are on your way to Disneyland

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
On Sept. 14, 1994 David Rockefeller, speaking at the UN Business Council,.
"This present window of opportunity, during which a truly peaceful and interdependent world order might be built, will not be open for too long - We are on the verge of a global transformation. All we need is the right major crisis and the nations will accept the New World Order." The World Trade Organization is then ratified in 1995. "Unlike GATT, the WTO would be given tough sanction and enforcement powers. More important, decision making would be secret, with no oversight. The most vital issues of economic life on the planet were to be decided behind closed doors... " The WTO and the Politics of Food

Back to David Rockefeller that is the Rockefeller of International banking, and Standard Oil fame who has controlling interest in not one but four international Oil Companies. Rockefeller who has hosted luncheons at the family's Westchester estate for the world's finance ministers and central bank governors, following the annual Washington meetings of the World Bank and IMF. Rockefeller whose Chase Bank served as training grounds for three World Bank presidents, John J. McCloy, Eugene Black and George Woods.

What “ major crisis could he be talking about? Skipping ahead to the present we find stories of “JP Morgan Chase to become Megabank” and “Analysts say JP Morgan Chase (the Rockefellers and the Rothschilds) will emerge from the bank collapse as the big winner” We also find Monsanto reported record earnings in 2008. The rest of the Ag Corporations are privately owned so no reports are available. Gee what a coincidence! The oil companies, the Ag companies and JP Morgan Chase all come up winners while the peons in the USA lose there jobs, their homes and now food costs and taxes are poised to soar thanks to the new laws.

I also find it interesting that Monsanto has no big controling owners BUT it is owned by mutual funds and pension funds, run by financial institutions who all make money off fees.

And Last we have the 2002 Rockefeller autobiography “Memoirs” where on page 405," Mr. Rockefeller writes: “For more than a century ideological extremists at either end of the political spectrum have seized upon well-publicized incidents... to attack the Rockefeller family for the inordinate influence they claim we wield over American political and economic institutions. Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as “internationalists and of conspiring with others around the world ... If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.”

Take a look at HR 875 the "food Safety Bill" and the World trade Organization. I think they are slipping the "New World Order" right under our noses.

Kissenger said "Food is power" and the International Ag businesses are about to monopolize food, while the average persons attention is deflected to other matters like the banking crisis and "global Warming"

HR875 outlaws independent farms thru regulation
And again
The WTO and the Politics of Food

top topics

join