It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is pollution in China affecting deformities in people and animals?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Is pollution in China affecting deformities in people and animals?

www.china.org.cn

Later age pregnancies and unhealthy lifestyles are behind the country's rising number of birth deformities, health experts have warned.

At least 1 million babies are born with defects in China each year, an incidence rate of 60 out of every 1,000.

"The rate is three times that of developed countries," Professor Li Zhu, director with the National Center for Maternity and Infant Health said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.thesun.co.uk
www.popsci.com
www.pollution-china.com

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Hey guys,

Just wanted to throw this out there, does anybody agree with (or have anything to contribute towards?) the idea that levels of pollution in China are causing high levels of deformities?

The link to The Sun is one of several cases of animals I've seen recently in China that have some very weird defects in animals, they also have very high levels in human infants.

Unfortunately at the minute I only have the Sun pics and the article regarding infancy problems however I'm sat here googling(?) my ass off at the minute trying to find the other sources I've seen.

Off the top of my head there was (all in China) a couple of cases of 2 headed cats. Some very weird fish in areas where waste is being dumped into the sea and a few others that caught my interest..

Couple this with them having 8 of the 10 most polluted cities in the world and the smog problems etc..

www.china.org.cn
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13-3-2009 by ItsallCrazy]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Are these statistics pre the war in Yugoslavia? Because the mega tons of DU uranium used by the US/UK deliberately, trying to whitewash the stuff after the Manhatten Projects, (by the Manhatten Projects meant they were in complete and full understanding of what they were doing, which was depopulating the world) is bonded with our global atmosphere. idust.net has a wealth of information of DU dust. We are all breathing in particles with each breath and its performing millions of nuclear events at a cellular level.

China got a bit more of the winds and dust, as did India. So, I think its starting to show. 4.5 billion years of this.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

The figures on the infancy problems are from 2007, most of the animal cases I saw were last year and they were in animals that had jus been born so they are quite recent aswell.

The survey that said it had 8 of the 10 most polluted cities was with regards to industrial waste, mostly due to what factories were dumping in the sea but with the massive production nation that they are thats hardly suprising. I'm still searching to find the survey and stats but that was from 2008.

(Edit to say I've just realised I'm back on plus points! Right then no more name calling..)

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
It would seem too co-incidental to be untrue. Here we have a densely populated country with blatant disregard to emissions standards and an unusually high rate of birth defects and deformities. Coincidence? Methinks not.
Then again, Where's India? They should be worse.....

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by OZtracized

On a few links I've seen while I'm googlin around I have noticed India are definitely up there, Russia aswell. The choice between India and China just depends on whose writing the report I guess, most of the stories of animal deformities I saw were China.. there was a weird one of a 2 headed cow in India though!

Don't know why but when I'm trying post links now its just showing blank space, definitely doing it in the right format aswell..

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I saw on 60 Minutes, or some show like it, a few months ago about how all the computer monitors and other toxic electronic machinery is sent there to be "disposed of" and they were really piled up leaking into the ground and water supplies! Pretty gross! And, what was that about China cleaning up the air there before the Olympics? Is that even remotely possible? If the air can be cleaned, why aren't they doing it everyday, instead of slowly killing themselves. I would love to hear from some of these news broadcasters that went to film the Olympics, and if they had problems upon returning that could be attributed to the air quality (or lack thereof)....

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Shame thats horrible!
I saw a documentary a couple of days ago on parasitic twins- seems that each year new and weirder deformaties pop up. I'm not sure if that is due to pollution or an unhealthy lifestyle.. The worst is, these people have to try and live a normal life despite their appearance which could be very traumatic.
In my opinion, If I where to fall pregnant and found out my child had a severe deformity I would hope that there is a law that allowes you to abort that child as young as possible. Its unfair to bring someone like that into this world, they have no choice.

Gavin Hyatt of Witney, Oxfordshire went to the hospital with a bleeding belly button. The doctor said "It was like something from Alien. I didn’t believe Gavin when he said something was coming out of his belly button until I saw him." That something was a 4cm parasitic twin that had been stuck inside Hyatt for the last 30 years. Hyatt told The Sun:

www.boingboing.net...

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
i believe it might be a factor but it probably isn't the sole cause. china might be among the worst in the world at the moment but i don't think they are worse than anyone has ever been.

it's hard to know for sure though, china isn't exactly an open country, governments will always try to cover up nasty stuff which would upset the voters and the government in china is so all encompassing that uncovering the level of pollution and the damage caused seems unlikely.

If I where to fall pregnant and found out my child had a severe deformity I would hope that there is a law that allowes you to abort that child as young as possible. Its unfair to bring someone like that into this world, they have no choice.

strange then that when they do have the choice they tend not to top themselves. are suicides among disabled people any higher than among any other random demographic? it seems a little presumptuous of you to judge the worth of another's life.

what can you do that is so much more worthwhile?

[edit on 24/6/09 by pieman]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

That's a good point, and Jinx I have not heard that story before.. things like that don't normally affect me too much but that is straight up disgusting!

Don't know if any of you guys have any knowledge of NUTS magazine? Lads mag over here in the UK, but yesterdays issue there was another deformed cat (China again!) that looked like it was starting to grow wings.. well when I say wings it looked more like 2 extra ears growing out of its back lol.

Was just having a quick look for the NUTS article and it seems to be a bit of a phenomenon.. google cats with wings and there's a lot of stuff there!

Pieman I don't think Jinx was saying they could anything much more worthwhile than an able-bodied person just that someone who was disabled would have a lower quality of life in general or a condition that's severely de-abilitating

[edit on 24-6-2009 by ItsallCrazy]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
i'm not annoyed by the suggestion, a lot of people hold that opinion, just trying to make jinx think about it from a different perspective.

i've heard of cats with wings before alright, there are also rabbits with horns on their head if you like that kind of thing.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Well if any of you ATSers watched the Olympics then you noticed the HAZE that hovered and this is after China seeded the clouds and made it rain for a few days. The way I see it hurricanes come out of Africa coc aine comes out of Columbia H1N1 came out Mexico Bryan Adams came out of Canada so it makes sense that deformities are a result of China. Or it could just be all the crap the FDA allows to be put in our food and water and then theres BIG PHARMA which I shall not badmouth for fear of whoever I need to fear if BIG PHARMA is a member of ATS.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by max.is.awake

To be completely honest I haven't spent ages looking at this, its a bits and bobs thing I've noticed over the span of a year or two but everytime I see or read about weird animals with deformities it always seems to be China and they pump a lot of crap into their air, water and probably landfills too. In the OP I mentioned the amount of kids being born with deformities has gone up too in recent years.

Pieman - if you like that sort of thing? I just got major grief at work for laughing at your post
I'm going look for the horned rabbit now. I was just stunned at how many of these cases of cats with wings actually exist.

The weirdest thing is that they are actually trying to blame this growth on hot weather! So cats are related to tigers and lions etc, why the hell aren't they all growing wings lol

new topics

top topics

join