It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart Took Down CNBC and Jim Cramer - Hard Hitting - Awesome - Best

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

"Its a comedy show, but he uses the format to make very valuable points that otherwise would be totally missed.

He makes light of certain scenarios, but there is a very real truth to it."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've learned in my daily life that if I don't lighten the mood with jokes, nobody will listen at ALL when I tell them how things really are.
There is a reason why comedians like George Carlin are often quoted in discussion about things the way they really are.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jeff.behnke

WOW - Excellent Find!!!

Star for you!!

Wonder what the stock will go down to on Monday?

Then wonder how many more will be quitting or leaving immediately from his employ?

Cramer, must of REALLY thought, Stewart was going to play nice and just joke about all the lampooning he had done about him, when he agreed to go on the show!

I am sure he did NOT expect for a "real" hard hitting interview of exposing his "dirty lies" from Stewart!

GREAT find....... thanks for bringing that to us!

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
In all fairness to Cramer, I didn't see anyone saying this on any of the Finance shows. Cramer tries to plays both sides, the hedge fund guys and the retail investors. He tells you not buy after he's picked a stock.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Amelie

Yes, Stewart made mention of this when he said that it is unfortunate that Cramer is the headpiece of this.
I perked up a bit when he told people to stop everything because this was financial terrorism.
The way I see this is just how Stewart and Cramer laid it out. Cramer was telling people to buy stuff in anticipation that the bubble would hold... This was disingenous of Cramer, but he wasn't lying as he didn't know it would collapse.
Cramer was trying to make ammends going on Stewart's show.

It IS unfortunate.

[edit on 13-3-2009 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
"It is amazing to me that the Daily Show truly is the last vestige of real journalism."

When a comedy show is looked upon as "real journalism", it only means one thing: your country is in a hell of a lot of trouble.

I think I've heard Jon Stewart say that many times actually...

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
BOOYAH, I guess now I see why the following disclaimer is always broadcast when Cramer is near the scene. It's on the CNBC site and not just Mad Money. Still givinghim a break though.

"All opinions expressed by Jim Cramer on this show are solely his and do not reflect the opinions of CNBC, NBC UNIVERSAL or their parent company or affiliates. Cramer's opinions are based upon information he considers reliable, but neither CNBC nor its affiliates and/or subsidiaries warrant its completeness or accuracy, and it should not be relied upon as such. Cramer's statements and opinions are subject to change without notice. No part of Cramer's compensation from CNBC is related to the specific opinions he expresses.

"Past performance is not indicative of future results. Neither Cramer nor CNBC guarantees any specific outcome or profit. You should be aware of the real risk of loss in following any strategy or investment discussed on the show. Strategies or investments discussed may fluctuate in price or value. Investors may get back less than invested.

"Investments or strategies mentioned in this show may not be suitable for you. This material does not take into account your particular investment objectives, financial situation or needs and is not intended as recommendations appropriate for you. You must make an independent decision regarding investments or strategies mentioned on the show.

"Before acting on information in the show, you should consider whether it is suitable for your particular circumstances and strongly consider seeking advice from your own financial or investment adviser."

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Why can't we watch this rubbish in Canada on the internet? Who is responsible for these jerkoff regulations? Nevermind, they're doing us a favor by keeping us away from it.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSecret
nice show. but that's all it is... a show. it's all television! what a shocker... CEOs lieing and financial hosts pulling numbers out of their behinds. every financial show has a disclaimer in case you ever paid attention...

Yes, however this is part of the problem... Jon says... "Look we are both snake oil salesmen..." To which Jim says "I'm not disputing that at all", to which Jon says "But we tell people we are snakeoil..."

seriously, if you're a trader are you really basing your trading decisions on CNBC or any other tv network?? if so then you deserve to lose your money along with b.sterns...

You sound like the people blaming the borrowers for this mess...

Do you honestly feel that the Financial networks don't have any obligation to their viewers?

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

Surely you can watch it.
Surely it is just a matter of where you are looking.
If it isn't, there is a serious problem.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amelie
Jon Stewart was really good, good video, big up to Cramer for showing up.

Completely... I thought Cramer showed character just showing up. And I thought Jon did a good job of hitting the point of being upset with CNBC as opposed to simply Jim Cramer.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I watched it on Comedy central.com and it was incrediable! I am sure Cramer was such a pu_ _ Y because his shows ratings were down 24%! Jon handed it to him, now CNBC will have to watch it's p's and q's or Jon will be "on um!"
I love the Daily Show, by the way!

[edit on 3/13/2009 by PammyK]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR

Surely you can watch it.
Surely it is just a matter of where you are looking.
If it isn't, there is a serious problem.

Jay you should see the power of viacom...

THe only way they can get to it is through a proxy....

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I'm curious, as to your percption of Fox Business News? Are they any different? I dont think so. None of the experts know what advice to give except buy government debt or gold, at this point. This temporary bear market rally will fade fast, especially in April.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

"Yes, however this is part of the problem... Jon says... "Look we are both snake oil salesmen..." To which Jim says "I'm not disputing that at all", to which Jon says "But we tell people we are snakeoil..."

And this is exactly the point. The entire point of Stewart's piece was to point this out. And he did a fine job.

Along the way he threw CNBC under the bus, but he tried to save Cramer. Cramer actually does pretty well, considering.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

"Jay you should see the power of viacom...

THe only way they can get to it is through a proxy.... "

As I said, if they can't readily watch this on the net there is a big problem. Hell, I wasn't even aware of this.

(Figured it was just a problem of not knowing where to look.)

[edit on 13-3-2009 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
CNBC is just like their sister network MSNBC...nothing but a bunch of psychopathic liars.

Other than that all I can say is:

BOOYAH!

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   

You mean Canada can not even get to the Daily Show website?

That is insane.... why?

I did not think Canada was "regulated" like that and sensored..... WOW

All the Canadians that have been mentioning, they were able to get it, I did not fully realize it was the "Country" that could not get it!

I have linked Huffington post website, it is embedded there... in a couple of posts.... but no one has ever told me if it worked or not for them in Canada.

Does ALL of Canada, have a restricted access to the whole net?

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
www.thecomedynetwork.ca...

Has the uncut interview up in 3 parts for my fellow Canadians.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidMirage

Aren't they all liars in the mainstream media?

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Contrary to ending his career, this is the best opportunity Cramer will ever have of manning up and becoming a decent media representative. The universe just reached out and offered him a lifeboat. If he accepts humility now, he will have had the best life-lesson ever, and power to him. I can see him doing a lot of good.

But if he caves back into his ego and continues to misrepresent, or just disappears from sight, then he will have missed his best wake up call. Same goes for the multitude of other shills out there in tv-land.

Cramer's sub-conscience must have been crying out for him to go on Stewart's show. Rather than putting the boot in, (like we all feel like doing), perhaps Cramer should now be encouraged to do better?

p.s. Go Jonny Go!

[edit on 13-3-2009 by Shar_Chi]

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join