It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart Took Down CNBC and Jim Cramer - Hard Hitting - Awesome - Best

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

You brought an absolutely fabulous joy to this forum!!!!!

Thank you!!!

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Here is a PERFECT example of CNBC - working to get people's money in the market...............

this just came out 25 mins ago link: www.cnbc.com...

The buzz around the market is that we’re nearing the bottom of this downturn, with market pros reporting that their early signals of recovery are flashing — things like two better-than-expected retail sales reports and a steadying of a key manufacturing gauge.

And of course, there’s the mainstream media contrarian indicator: By the time the weekly magazines or celebrity-chasing tabloids put a trend on their cover, you can pretty much bet the trend is over.

Give me a Break - it isn't Over......... we are just beginning....... especially if china stops purchasing our debt........... and our debt??? Lets not even go there!

CNBC - I believe you, as much as I believe someone on a street giving me "inside" info!

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
It was just about the best thing on TV ever!!!

I've been suspecting that it's just about time for Jimmy-Boy to retire in the last couple of weeks and have a feeling that his ratings will drop?

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by arcnaver

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I have never seen Jon go after anyone like that! It was incredible! Cramer was at a loss. The way I see it, he had only two choices: He could have said, "OK, you got me. I'm a sleazebag who purposely manipulates the market to make money from people who listen to my show." OR he could keep denying that he did anything wrong and try to blame it on the CEOs and his other sources, who supposedly lied to him and make the claim that he innocently brought the information to the public, making him as much a "victim" as everyone. Being a true sleazebag, he chose the latter.

What a tool!

Go Jon!

If you missed it, see it today on Comedy Central. It's on at noon here, but I don't know when it airs across the country.

[edit on 13-3-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

Comedy Central

Again, just in case you missed it.

Comedy Central

One more time.

Comedy Central

C'mon people. Its a comedy show. You can seriously believe an ounce of it as truth?
I think it is amazing that people think that Comedy shows are giving real news. It is a disturbing trend. Jon is not NEWS! He is comedy. LOL.
It is astounding that people believe News stories they see on SNL or the Daily Show or any other comedy show as being truth.

Cramer knows he is under the microscope. Are you Sure, this was not a planned interview by both parties?

In the nicest way possible i mean this.......... you are one of the least intelligent people I have come across on this board.

Did you not watch the interview? You can't deny it because cramer even admitted it.

The suspect admitted to it and you still blindly follow him . LOLOLOLOLOL

Seriously. It's people like you that are fooled into thinking these people are telling you the truth.

You mean to tell me that if I stuck the word comedy in front of cnn or abc or fox then any news reported from there is false because they are involved in comedy yet they are reporting the news?????????

You don't make any sense. I really feel bad for you. I honestly do.

1.) It was a serious interview about a serious topic that effects everyone.....

2.) They skipped comercial breaks just to keep it going and filled them in later with his commentary. They loss advertising money just to keep the interview going.

3.) Cramer had no response really and admitted to it. He lied and then jon showed the video clips of the thing he just said he didn't do. He knew he got caught and then admitted it but tried to squirm out of it.

4.) Jon swore and dropped the F-bomb a few times without thought just to get his point across. ( Doesn't happen often )

5.) Jon stew is not that good of an actor. He was being 100% serious. You could tell by the tone in his voice, his body language and his facial expressions.

6.) Near the end when things got ugly Cramer's voiced changed a bit as if he was getting more nervous. ( More so than his usual squeaky/ cracky voice )

Please if you are going to make your point be against the post and topic then please bring some evidence or some facts or just some info you have analyzed.

I at least tried to point out a few facts for you. There was more than that though.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit

The SEC knows this goes on this just turn a blind eye just like they do everything else. Thats why when you invest its not on fundamentals its on luck because the manipulators can turn any good company and its stock into slime with one bad rumor. Disgusting.

Very true, but maybe the SEC will not like being called out on it...one can only hope this stirs some people into action

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

I felt almost sorry for Cramer, to get torn apart verbally by a comedian, and Stewart really had his homework done on this one, he had clips ready to be played and everything. Stewart really took it to CNBC but I hope the next time he decides to tackles serious issues he does so on some other show so that he can get back to the funny faces and fart noises.

I just find it hard to believe people trust Cramer or any other financial news personality enough to take their advice.

Congrats to Stewart for voicing what many a citizen is feeling in these tough economic times

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!

Short memories much guys?

Doesn't anyone else remember the crossfire interview? Jon stewart got crossfire cancelled.

(annoying guy in bowtie) "You need to go back to grad school"

(stewart) "You need to go to one"

Just a small tidbit. He calls them politcal hacks and pleads for them to "stop doing what you're doing".

No, Jon's been here before.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

The guy's a professional crapdisturber. He either gets money or a feeling of self-worth from it. Addicted to the devil's advocate.......I just can't imagine anyone being THAT stupid lol.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Ultimately, I have to give props to Cramer for having the cahones to go on the show to begin with.

He must have known what was about to ensue.

This is a discussion that needed to be had, and I feel that Cramer, deep in his heart, felt that way too. I think Cramer really took one for the team on this...

I totally concur that Jon ripped him to shreds, but I also have to thank Cramer for taking the ripping and allowing the discussion to be had.

[edit on 13-3-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nickmare

He might makes jokes about absurd things in the US government...but just because Jon Stewart says things in a way that make people laugh doesn't mean his points are less worthy. Points can be made by using comedy itself.

Okay, that's my point right there. How many people take you les seriously when you inject laughter into serious news? Do you ever do it when you're telling someone something serious that happened? When you market yourself on the laughs and not the news how do you expect everyone to take you seriously? My point is not everyone is going to take you seriously and some will not bother to watch the show because of the perception that when the news is mixed with a bunch of jokes, maybe the news content was altered to fit the jokes, not the other way around.

He regularly shows clips of politicians saying one thing and then saying the opposite at another point in time...if he then makes a joke about that, does it make it less credible?

So at that point you've caught Mr./Mrs. Politician "waffling". It's a common thing that politicians do. We ALL know that politicians do it. Waffling is not usually something that's actually newsworthy unless it's during a campaign.

His show isn't made up news...it is jokes about real news.

Okay this is what I'm saying. It's jokes about real news stories. How do you know that no part of the news story wasn't changed the way he told it so he could get those few zingers in? Maybe it was a minor change, maybe it was something insignificant, maybe it was something moderately significant ... my point is, if people want to see news on stories they think ought to be taken seriously then their first stop won't be Jon Stewart on Comedy Central.

And historically, Jon Stewart has "owned" many people on their own shows on different networks. I've personally seen 3 or 4 occurrences, and I wouldn't doubt there have been more.

So have many other comedians and guests on other shows. What's the point? What makes Stewart so special?

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Stewart tore him up that was incredible. . . I was kinda with the doubters thinking no way it had to be a setup no way the guy didnt know what was going to happen. . . I was WRONG Jon completely dismantled him. I had seen all this crap with cramer before on TDS never once thought Jon was gonna have him on. Nice work Jon Stewart

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

So have many other comedians and guests on other shows. What's the point? What makes Stewart so special?

Dunno... but he is....

Maybe it's because the impact he has on the news networks?

Maybe it's because he cuts both ways and holds the feet of everyone to the fire?

Not sure... but he is...

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
I have loved Jon Stewart before............ now....... I find he is the ONLY one who says the truth........ and he showed how CNBC commits fraud - by misleading the American Public!

I wouldn't get too excited just yet.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Jon Stewart shouldn't be different, but he is. It shouldn't be a comedy show that is the one doing this, and I think the fact that a comedy show is the only one doing it says alot and is what makes the point.

In the crossfire thing it was the same thing, a comedy show vs something that is supposed to be news and things of importance.

Other news networks all seem to do the same thing, so they can't really point it out in each other, because they point out themselves as well. As they are all guilty, but a comedy show - exempt from it. Which basically means none of the networks are worth a crap, and the only show that has really pointed it out is a stupid comedy show.

So for someone pointing out it's just a comedy show, well that is half the point right there. That should tell you something and says a lot in itself.

Maybe you gotta ask yourself - "Why am I hearing this on a comedy show instead of the news itself?".

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Unfortunately the links for the video don't work in Canada, for all my Canadian mates go to :

Comedy network and look for: "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart : Jim Cramer Interview: Uncut : Jim Cramer Interview (Uncut) Clip 3 of 3"

It pretty much covers what happened. Youtube has been removing these videos, shame on them.

Cheers,

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

Edit - found the vid.....................

it was about Crossfire

[edit on 13-3-2009 by questioningall]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
reply to post by badmedia

Edit - found the vid.....................

it was about Crossfire

Here. You go.

And I'd love to see what all the people that criticize Stewart do to take down the bad guys. Where can I see your shows/interviews?

Ack too fast!

[edit on 13-3-2009 by TylerKing]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I kept hearing about Crossfire here............ so I searched and found the vid of his appearance there:

OK, took my vid out......... just put it in..........

Thank you!! for the vid....... watching it now

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Anyone have a link for us Canadians? I can't see the link.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Those outside the United States can catch it on NPR

NPR

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join