It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart Took Down CNBC and Jim Cramer - Hard Hitting - Awesome - Best

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Fair enough, but they are small victories for now, which is indeed the theme of my posts on this thread, as well as a distrust of mass media, based on their own past performance.

Did not know Madoff had been encarcerated, last time I followed the story he was under house arrest. Still, untill the money pops up on some computer screen half of my point still stands... err, leaning on something.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
man i followed this all week too. yes, john, it was a tiny bit awkward watching jim cramer try to save whats left of his ass. did you notice the inverse ratio between how much fecal matter was coming out of cramers mouth & his realization that everything he was saying was about to be called out and exposed as BS? heres a shovel jim - keep diggin. it took him a minute, but what else can we expect from a wall street hooker? being IN touch? bah!

its amazing how much deeper one can cut when not having to worry about pretense or 'political correctness' like all the rest of the twats giving us our news. and he really did it in a very fair way. you could tell he was worked up, but still gave jim cramer the opportunity to speak his side (or try anyway). what a gent! hopefully john stewart takes this opportunity to embrace the platform and start directly calling more and more people out. i think him and steven colbert should join up for an hour show. they could actually interview people. they could have panels. it would be sweet. i hate when someone i really want to see is on and off again in less than 5 minutes. some things are too important

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
John stewert at his best, it was so good had to watch it twice. I bet cramer will be feeling that sting for awile....

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
This interview is one of the best of all time. These are the kinds of interviews the press should be doing and not some comedian. Holding peoples feet to the fire is why there is the freedom of press. I hope the media pays attention to this and takes lessons because our media needs a lesson on how to investigate and report. Flag this mother this is a must see.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I watch Jon Stewart every night and had been following the feud between Jon and Jim. To be honest I was skeptical about the interview before it came on. It seamed too hyped up and I almost expected it to be a dud with them making up and laughing about it.

Boy was I wrong! Jon ate his lunch and did not hold back.That is exactly the kind of reporting we need right now. I was blown away during the entire interview. I wouldn't be surprised if Jim retired after that.

Not sticking up for Jim but he made the right decision to go into the lions den and take his lickings. He new he was in for it no doubt . Maybe he will think before he speaks to the camera from now on. I honestly don't see him having the same kind of show after this.

GO JON !

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by arcnaver

Yeah, he's comedy, but he's more relevant than the 'real' news, oddly enough.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
I honestly don't see him having the same kind of show after this.

Honestly, I'd expect the show to address the Jon Stewart interview tonight.

Cramer has to, after Jon highlighted comments from thestreet.com where Jim is explaining how to play "the dark arts."

By the end, Cramer was suffering from contrite and showed a forlorn complexion - Jon could've killed off his show.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
I watch Jon Stewart every night and had been following the feud between Jon and Jim. To be honest I was skeptical about the interview before it came on. It seamed too hyped up and I almost expected it to be a dud with them making up and laughing about it.

Boy was I wrong! Jon ate his lunch and did not hold back.That is exactly the kind of reporting we need right now. I was blown away during the entire interview. I wouldn't be surprised if Jim retired after that.

Not sticking up for Jim but he made the right decision to go into the lions den and take his lickings. He new he was in for it no doubt . Maybe he will think before he speaks to the camera from now on. I honestly don't see him having the same kind of show after this.

GO JON !

I agree you have to give props to Jim for going on the show when all others wussed out. He went in and took it like a man but I do feel his show has lost all credibility after that interview.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

I think Cramer thought it was going to be one of those interviews where a host, who had been lampooning someone........ and the person then comes on the show... and the host "makes nice". I bet that Cramer thought this was going to be the case last night!

BUT instead.... Stewart TOOK HIM DOWN - BIG TIME!!

I have watched it twice now!! Cramer almost sounded like he had a "cry" in his voice towards the end.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I'm still trying to find the interview online I missed it last night and this morning. I'll hold off most of my comments till I've seen it. Cramer and Kudlow are the two CNBS personalities that IMHO deserve the most grief for their views since this market meltdown started. I admire John Stewart for holding Cramer to account particularly because Cramer is a Democrat like Stewart, and can't wait to see it.

I wish Stewart had went farther in going after CNBC's Rick Santelli (notice I don't use the derogatory CNBS when referring to Santelli), enough to give Rick more exposure rather than the butt-hat Cramer. Santelli was quite vilified by left-wing press and even the White House after his little rant a few weeks ago, and I could tell people like Stewart had only seen maybe that one rant out of him. Santelli has consistently been against all bailouts: AIG, Banks, Autos, and individuals. His understanding of the bond/credit complex have left him as one of the few reasons to continue watching CNBC. The other people I like on CNBC are Jeff Macke, Dylan Ratigan, and Mark Faber. The rest are more often than not just cheerleaders. I do hope Fox Business or even Bloomberg pick Santelli up if CNBC lets him go.

Anyway in times like these clowns like Cramer are easy targets. If you listened to him or even most likely your investment advisor and stayed invested through all this you deserved to lose that money.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
you can watch it here

www.thedailyshow.com...

Mr. Cramer, don't you destroy enough dough on your own show???

LOL

[edit on 13-3-2009 by Fremd]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jefwane
I'm still trying to find the interview online I missed it last night and this morning.

I linked it in the page before this one, but here it is again:

www.thedailyshow.com -----> bottom right hand corner

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Watching it now, the comedy central site wasn't working for a moment.

Props to Stewart for saying Santelli had at least been consistent.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Jon Stewart was well prepared i think Cramer thought the show would be about jokes and fun and i think Jon turned it around and created a serious approach thereby catching Cramer off guard hahahahahaha...

Now Jon Stewart is into the grandfinal where he needs to challenge for the championship against ......................................................Alan Greenspan.......................WOW!!

Wouldn't that be an interview.....Jon will put him in his place...

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by arcnaver

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by arcnaver
You can seriously believe an ounce of it as truth?

(Cramer, is that you?)

Just because it's a comedy show, doesn't mean it's full of lies... Last night's show was very serious for the most part. Not much laughing at all, but some hearty applause. And some squirming by Cramer, of course.

Did you see the interview? There was nothing to believe or not believe. It was all out there on video clips of Cramer.

Are you saying that Jon lied or somehow didn't tell the truth? Please expand on your statement with specifics. Thanks.

Yes, I hang out on ATS to defend my credibility all the time, because you know, Conspiracy Sites are the perfect place to do that, just like Comedy Shows are appropriate News Sources.

No, I am saying it is Comedy and should be taken with a grain of salt no matter HOW convincing or "real" the issue.

Look, you want to believe it fine, go ahead. Do I think I am...oops I mean Cramer is innocent of wrong doing? For conspiracy sakes, It was all BUSH! He made me say it! I am Bush's Puppet! Can you see his arm sticking out of my bum?

'Cmon people! lol. This could easily be a self sacrificing ploy by me..Cramer, throwing himself to the wolves for the sake of comedy. Often the best place to hide, is right out in front.

Actually, I think he brings up a good point. How many of you guys groan verbally when someone posts a news link that's from Fox News? How many of you dismiss the content outright just because you see fox.com or foxnews.com in the hyperlink? There are A LOT of you who do that!

So what's different about someone doing the reverse here? Jon Stewart is on Comedy Central - the same network that brings you Larry the Cable Guy (incidentally Larry is on the front page of the website) and SouthPark, the show that made "anal probes" famous. Yeah, that's pretty serious. So one of the few times that Jon Stewart decides to play investigative journalist, America is supposed to just stop laughing and suddenly take his show seriously? If that's true, maybe he should have aired his piece on a more reputable network for news and investigative journalism, which Comedy Central is not really known for.

You guys giving arcnaver crap for doing the same thing you've all done with FoxNews all this time are just proving YOURSELVES to be a bunch of hypocrites.

[edit on 13-3-2009 by sos37]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

The interview is linked in the original OP.... it is the second link.....

Also, many sites are running the interview,

Huffington Post, has it big as their main headline!

www.huffingtonpost.com...

this link goes directly to their story: www.huffingtonpost.com...

then, which I have not watched yet...... but will later is - they have a link of a complete unedited and uncensored taping of everything: link

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
How many of you guys groan verbally when someone posts a news link that's from Fox News?

FOX News "REPORTS" things that happen.

This interview happened right before our eyes. We SAW it happen, he did not report on it. He DID it. He showed the clips. It was all out there to see. (Have you seen it?)

Jon Stewart is on Comedy Central - the same network that brings you Larry the Cable Guy (incidentally Larry is on the front page of the website) and SouthPark, the show that made "anal probes" famous.

And FOX News is on the same network that brings us the Simpson's and American Idol. Your point?

a bunch of hypocrites.

Have you seen the interview?

[edit on 13-3-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I know it may sound silly or trite, but I would like to reminds everyone that Mr. Stewart isn't the only one who should be lauded here.

His staff deserves a lot of credit and the work they do makes Jon as successful as he is. Kudos to them! They put on a great show.

I tend to agree that it is of diminished value because it is not really 'journalism' per se; but if our MSM journalists were even a little bit more like Jon, we would have some journalism back in the media again.

Right now, I'm very inclined to generalize that we have NO journalists in the MSM, just talking heads scripted and briefed as to what message they are to convey.... and what they are most definitely NOT allowed to say.

Always remember - it's a production, produced by Madison Avenue and Hollywood - and whoever OWNS them.

[edit on 13-3-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

My point is it's all about perception, BH, and you damned well know it. When you ask someone where they go to hear news and investigative reports and even hard hitting interviews, chances are they aren't going to say "Oh, Comedy Central". Comedy Central doesn't exactly pride itself on being an outlet for things that should be taken seriously.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join