It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart Took Down CNBC and Jim Cramer - Hard Hitting - Awesome - Best

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Pehrj

Actually, yes he does. You have to watch the show. Obama and the Democrats have NEVER been spared. Jon isn't in the business of taking sides, he's in the business of exposing absurdity and making it palatable so you don't poke your eyes out with a wooden spoon from sheer frustration.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Tonight, attacks on Dick Cheney, Republicans, etc. I was so hoping for MORE. Oh yeah I did get more commercials, and bells and whistles like I was watching the Super Bowl.

::sigh::

At least he did the interview with the India guy right.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Ahh! The one episode I miss in like a month. What is wrong with me?! This is great stuff, you're the man jon!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by Pehrj

Actually, yes he does. You have to watch the show. Obama and the Democrats have NEVER been spared. Jon isn't in the business of taking sides, he's in the business of exposing absurdity and making it palatable so you don't poke your eyes out with a wooden spoon from sheer frustration.

Yeah, sometimes it catches me offguard because he does it less (but that's because not much time has elapsed and I think more material will be forthcoming, although the last administration was as easy at target as it gets), but when he does he doesn't pull the punches just because he is probably a little left leaning. I think he's just a guy that wants some sanity and fairness in politics and the coverage of it.

And it was a good point about cheney today. What the hell does he know, he hasn't gotten a thing right in his political life that is now pretty much over, so why are "journalists" interviewing him and taking him at his word?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Uh... every study I ever heard/saw shows that the more educated the person is the more likely they are to get their news from Jon or MSNBC. The ones who dropped out of highschool after failing the tenth grade for the fifth time to marry their sister watch Fox News. So when some thing is "reported" from FN, there is a reason to dismiss it as studies show DS tells more facts then FN. When FN was going on about WMDs and Mark Foley being a Democrat and OBL was running for office DS was telling the truth. Sorry that FACTS get in the way at FN while DS reports them.

Also questioningall if you want to understand Colbert you need to watch Fox News. Then realize that Colbert is making jokes and Fox News is being "real". When Billo is on talking about little boys like being raped, or women are asking for it when raped, they really believe that. When They go on about its really OBL in office not BHO they tell it as the truth.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by JMasters]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Oh here's another,Jon Stewart on,

That Can't Be Right - Veterans' Health Insurance

www.thedailyshow.com...

Imagine that? Eventually even Jon may wakey wakey,

If only Obama wasn't so blatantly obvious, gosh he could at least be subtle.

He is either really really dumb or is trying to see how much he can get away with,

After getting elected.

Who would have thought?

The American people were that stupid, and would fall for anything.

[edit on 083131p://bThursday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by JMasters

Uh... every study I ever heard/saw shows that the more educated the person is the more likely they are to get their news from Jon or MSNBC.

I'm not disagreeing or agreeing, but can you post some of these studies?
I'd be interested to take a look.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I just saw this.
Stewart has come a long long way - anyone who saw "The Jon Stewart Show" in the 90's knows what I am talking about. And we can't forget the line about the $20 bill in half baked (Red team go!)!
But this man stood his ground, was NEVER at a loss for words, intelectually witty, and he just brick-walled Cramer.
Not just all of that, but Jon remained absolutely civil, and didn't break a sweat.
Cramer was s***ting bricks.
I almost feel bad for Cramer.
I think he knew he was screwed the minute Stewart started rolling the tapes.
Stewart out-did himself on this one.

Edit to add a letter. Oops.

[edit on 3/19/2009 by impaired]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

It was like, more college educated people watched Jon Stewart then Fox News. Let me see if I can find it this was a few years ago...

www.truthdig.com...

Other details are equally eye-opening. Pew judged the levels of knowledgeability (correct answers) among those surveyed and found that those who scored the highest were regular watchers of Comedy Central’s The Daily Show and Colbert Report. They tied with regular readers of major newspapers in the top spot—with 54% of them getting 2 out of 3 questions correct. Watchers of the Lehrer News Hour on PBS followed just behind.

Virtually bringing up the rear were regular watchers of Fox News. Only 1 in 3 could answer 2 out of 3 questions correctly. Fox topped only network morning show viewers.

www.wired.com...
Look at that chart, Fox News viewers are at the bottom of every thing.

So, according to Pew, if you watch Fox News you're drooling on yourself as you try to eat a rock. if you watch TDS you're curing cancer and going to Mars.

Not surprising. Fox went on and on about WMDs even after it came out as pure BS. They called Mark Foley a Democrat after he got caught by the media raping little boys. They kept calling Obama Osama and a Muslim, commie, satan, what ever. While TDS just made fun of his big ears.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I wish I could give you more stars or a standing ovation right now.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Here is the actual survey in case anyone wants to see the details.

people-press.org...

I only recently saw the Cramer interview Jon did. I have to say, it was fantastic. It is a shame when the only real journalism is to be found on Comedy Central, but it is what it is. I hope he does more like that, though I doubt he will get the opportunity. I am willing to bet that after seeing that, people will think twice about going on his show if their hands are too dirty.

And for those who are claiming that the fact that it is a comedy show, on Comedy Central, means that he cannot be telling the truth, I would say to you 1) you must not have seen the show, 2) if you did you must score very low on interpreting human interactions emotionally 3) you dont understand how comedy works at all.

en.wikipedia.org...

In societies where freedom of speech was not recognized as a right, the court jester - precisely because anything he said was by definition "a jest" and "the uttering of a fool" - could speak frankly on controversial issues[2] in a way in which anyone else would have been severely punished for, and monarchs understood the usefulness of having such a person at their side.[2] Still, even the jester was not entirely immune from punishment, and he needed to walk a thin line and exercise careful judgment in how far he might go - which required him to be far from a "fool" in the modern sense.

Jesters could also give bad news to the King that no-one else would dare deliver. The best example of this is in 1340 when the French fleet was destroyed at the Battle of Sluys by the English. Phillippe VI's jester told him the English sailors: "Don't even have the guts to jump into the water like our brave French."[3]

Comedians dont have to "lie." The idea that comedy is "false" or "untrue" is an odd interpretation of the role of humor. Humor often exists to make truths we are uncomfortable with more palatable. Such as light ribbing about a fight we may have had, or some irrational behavior we may have engaged in.

Jon Stewart gets away with a higher degree of honesty about the ridiculousness of our political and economic system because this honesty is wrapped in humor, rather than a diatribe against the system. If he employed the latter technique, he would be off the air in a heartbeat. You are allowed to bash one side or the other on television, but you are not allowed to expose the ridiculousness of the system itself. Except for a laugh.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Great Find! S for you!

So, that means the
"more intelligent" people watch Jon Stewart!

BTW: I met a man yesterday (owns a T.V. station here) - guess what?

He watches the Daily Show - Every night!!!!!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Let me guess, another Fox viewer? As already proven people who watch Fox know a lot less then those who watch TDS. So you might want to keep quiet until you watch a news show and not Fox.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
It won't let me edit my last post, why?

Anyways, watching real news shows, every one is trying to blame each other for bonuses. What was on Fox... Cheney! Didn't his reign of terror end?

Jon Stewart, I hope he does more like this. I hope he beats Jay and gets Obama on and tears in to him. I'm willing to bet Obama could take it better then Cramer since he's used to heated discussion. Come on, Obama v Stewart!

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Cramer Update -

Money News

Jim Cramer went into a rant on TV and then stormed off the set.
Between the bad economy roller coastering and the hits he's been
taking for his bad advice .... I'm thinking this guy is about to pop.

Funny side note - I was watching an old Simpsons show a few days ago
and one of the Charaters was sitting on the couch, watching TV, and
yelling at Jim Cramers bad advice.

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join