It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart Took Down CNBC and Jim Cramer - Hard Hitting - Awesome - Best

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NWRHINO

Stewart did NOT blame CNBC for the mess the U.S. is in!!!

He said, CNBC looked the other way, and did not TELL the truth about things and report them, even though they KNEW WHAT was going on!

Please rewatch the interview, at no time did he blame CNBC for the mess!

[edit on 14-3-2009 by questioningall]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by vcwxvwligen

"I see you're enjoying your bread and circuses quite nicely."

What do you mean by that?
Yeah, I think Cramer is a circus act, if that is what you mean.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR

It seemed like you were looking for blood for a minute there.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I have decided that I would pay money to watch a pay per view of John Steward and Sean Hannity.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Hey, that would be advertised for days.............. if it EVER happened......... but Hannity, wouldn't dare go against Stewart, he would be toooooo scared!!!

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Isn't it so obvious?

Wall Street = Corporate America = CNBC = Cramer

John Stewart is simply trying to point out that CNBC is not a "news" channel.

It is the propaganda voice of corporations.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I try to catch it as eponymously as possible (i.e., daily) but I don't always have time for TV. Of course I miss a great interview. I'm pissed. I hope I can catch in on rerun sometime...

I didn't really consider this C/Kramer guy to be anything other than just a trader-turned-radio personality who got his own TV show. Since I don't do trading, I don't bother watching. I find the whole trading thing very fake (even though they keep saying it's a science). The numbers go up, people get happy. The numbers go down, people get sad. I don't get it.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Oh, stories like these infuriate me.
And they are coming more and more often nowadays.

And yeah, I would at the very least, like to see indictments, as Kramer said... But I think he needs one as well as Paulson and Bernanke.

And George Bush Jr. and co, but that is another story.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR

There is a famous quote about bread and circuses distracting the public. Look it up for the exact quote.

What the person above means is this: This was just a way to distract you some more, even while they continue looting.

I made my son sit down and watch this. How sad is it that a COMEDY SHOW has to be an example of how interviews on serious subjects should be done?

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Hey, check out CNN - on their main page, they have a poll up...........

what is it?

How do you view the feud between Cramer and Stewart!!!

Wow can you believe that?

It is that big, they are even doing a poll about it!!

www.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
It was a thing of beauty. Cramer back down like a lamb by a simple common sense individual.

www.disinfomatrix.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
Hey, check out CNN - on their main page, they have a poll up...........

what is it?

How do you view the feud between Cramer and Stewart!!!

Wow can you believe that?

It is that big, they are even doing a poll about it!!

www.cnn.com...

Of course. Once they 'stage' an event, they have to poll the public to see how well their propaganda was received.

I think the whole thing was staged in order to get massive amounts of people to pull their funds out of the markets and out of banks in order to cause the final collapse of the economy.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Bravo to Jon Stewart for calling Cramer and his kind out. It is all self-serving. Even where Cramer and others don't have a direct financial stake, they have others that do and it somehow translates into kickbacks or favors for them. It is all manipulation, not business fundamentals, especially with the prevalence of less-than-properly-equipped day-traders who react to the market and manipulators like Cramer, not to real business results or valuations.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I myself thought that cramer looked and sounded like he was forced to act that way noway someone like him would be so passive(not one reply defending himself or on the offencive).
he didnt say one offinsive thing to try to win the argument. it wasnt a arguement it was so 1 sided

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jeffcoatsawakening

That is why I think the whole thing was planned. JS has been advertising it for days, Cramer knew.

I think it was planned so Cramer could start outing the network and others and start waking Americans up.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Exactly, I couldn't agree more!!

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeffcoatsawakening
I myself thought that cramer looked and sounded like he was forced to act that way noway someone like him would be so passive(not one reply defending himself or on the offencive).
he didnt say one offinsive thing to try to win the argument. it wasnt a arguement it was so 1 sided

I believe that is called shame. If a person doesn't stick up for themselves when being faced by stark argument in my mind that individual is therefore agreeing to the claims. However a person can stick up for themselves by lieing, however you can usually tell a good way off if the persons arguments are true or just a 'hey it wasnt me honest!' or 'I didnt know about that at the time'.

I watch the daily show here in New Zealand every day I can since its not on cable, and we get it aired here either the same day or the next day since it aired. To those that say 'beh its just comedy cant trust it or take it serious'... then you need to learn the real meaning of satire something for the most part im affraid to say Americans have a real hard time grasping (or perhaps what the show says about America doesnt sit easy with you). Sure its comedy but hell theres often more fistfuls of stark reality, hard hitting exposes and upfront examples of the complete political idiocy of our leaders on the Daily Show than you'd find in pretty much any other media source. Guess id liken American media watchs to a fat kid that eats nothing but cheap chocolate 24/7... when some 'real' chocolate comes along they just dont notice it since their palates been dumbed down by the non stop sensory flood of crap theyve been shoving in.

Loved the interview, even though it made me as John Stewart said 'slightly embarrassing'... long may he continue to be on TV, I live and breath often for the 'Your moments of Zen'. And after Bush left i thought the show would take a turn for the worse with such fine material disappearing.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen
Sorry, but I don't "love" somebody that I see on a TV show. You'd have to live a sad, pathetic life to do that.

Hell well a significant proportion of the world's population are devoted theist and they have never met their gods? What about grown people worshipping artists in various fields? Why do people worship their sport stars? Should i take it that you just don't know much about humanity in general?

This guy seems to actually revere Ronald Reagan,

He doesn't like Ronald Reagan and you would in fact be hard pressed to find many who do even amongst those deluded American folks.

and he's another one of these quintessential closeted Marxists

He is? Really? Based on what?

rooting for the common man (and assuming that the common man wants to be perpetually poor and suffering).

Rooting for the common man? What does that have to do with Marxism? What does staying perpetually poor have to do with Marxism? Do you mind doing some additional reading so you can discover the intended goals of Marxism?

In the Jim Cramer episode, he uses the word "illumination."

Yes and plenty of people have tried to shed some light on how Wall street operates with little success. I don't see why using 'illumination' in this context should be seen as proof that Jon Stewart is working for the NWO or in fact should be classified as one of the illuminated given how he spends his time exposing some of their acticvities by means of one of the few remaining methods open to journalist in the US.

Stellar

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I'm just glad the debate between the know-nothing Jon Stewart and the innocent Jim Cramer is over and we can go back to listening to the people who know the facts and will get important things done, the internet message board posters. Take a bow all of you, you've done so much, and will tell us so in case we forget.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TylerKing

Good satire........... LOL - great post...... in the form of being opposite.... good sense of humor. We all need that, once in awhile.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join