It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SeaWorld's amazing dolphin bubble show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   

SeaWorld's amazing dolphin bubble show

www.news.com.au

Seaworld in the US has revealed incredible footage of dolphins blowing bubble rings from their blowholes.

The creatures can be seen entertaining crowds at SeaWorld Orlando's Dolphin Cove by creating the bubbles and then spinning them with their noses.

"It was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.dolphinbubbles.com

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
This is quite possibly the coolest thing I've ever seen an animal do. I knew dolphins are smart, but to me this shows true intelligence...perhaps even consciousness as we perceive it.

It actually appears as though they're teaching each other how to do this so they can all join in and play the game. According to the video, a few years ago only one or two knew how to do this, now more and more have either caught on, or were taught by the others.

Imagine what they could do if they had arms & hands to make things - they might eventually evolve beyond even our capabilities.

Anyway, watch the video below, it's pretty cool.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13/3/09 by Evasius]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Here's the video referred to in the above post:

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Oh. My. God. That's incredibly beautiful...I just want to get in the water with them and see if they can teach me that.. Thank you so much for finding that and sharing it with us.

Please have a look...it will cheer you up!!

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

I could hardly believe the intelligence they displayed in merely playing with bubbles. You can see them watching the bubbles, observing how they manipulated the ring, as well as watching other dolphins play with their rings. Their precision in creating, jabbing and spinning the bubble just right so it does what they want it to do is just phenomenal.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I think there's a lot more to this than just a neat trick the dolphins have taught themselves. The bubbles travel downwards - a clear violation of the laws of physics - unless there's an outside influence that we can't see. They could be using sonar to form and manipulate the bubbles.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
They are just trying to warn us that the earth is going to be sucked into a black hole and thereby destroyed.
When one of them does a double-backward somersault through a hoop while whistling the "Star Spangled Banner”, calmly place your head between your knees and kiss your butt goodbye...

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

OMG! It's incredible, beautiful and awesome to watch. I love the last one where she joins two! Simply amazing creatures.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evasius
This is quite possibly the coolest thing I've ever seen an animal do.

if thats the best thing youve ever seen an animal do you should come round to my house..i can do some things myself that beat that..

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobeThey could be using sonar to form and manipulate the bubbles.

Not to mention how they're teaching one another to blow a ring bubble and then spin and push it however they want to. Perhaps they're able to do this by observation alone, but imagine how hard it would be (for example) learning to whistle by watching someone pucker their lips and hearing the resulting tone. There's a lot of trial and error, and more often than not, you have to be told how to do it by someone that can already do it. There could be some non-visual, inaudible communication taking place.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Clearly a wondrous creature.

Training an animal to do a trick is ok. But here you have a animal displaying its own skill at something a human would not even be capable of doing or even know it could be done.

I've always loved dolphins.

Rhain

[edit on 13/3/09 by Rhain]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienesque
if thats the best thing youve ever seen an animal do you should come round to my house..i can do some things myself that beat that..

For what it's worth I can actually blow bubbles off my tongue. Most can float all the way to the ground (but my spit has to be just right). It provided hours of entertainment as a child...beat that.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Yeah great stuff.
Here is an other bubble dolphin i posted before

Elephant Paints Self Portrait

From the video's i have seen of these bubble blowing dolphins i was wondering if they use their sonar waves to manipulate the bubble rings.
These bubble rings seem to be very hard to manipulate with blowing alone in the way they show in the video's.
So my guess is that they use their sonar waves to.

Fits right into my theme of the last months
waves of waves.
Cymatics
Mattang
And the OP's thread on standing waves. (time wave zero ?)

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Here's my own video I shot while in Fiji in December of 2005. We took a boat ride from Castaway Island in the hopes of seeing a few dolphins - we ended up seeing well over 100. They were extremely active and seemed very interested in us as well.

I did already upload a version of the to ATS Media, but I couldn't get the compression right.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Consciousness? Whales have a larger neocortex than we do, and dophins are in the whale family. They are very bright. They are people too! Dr. Michael Wolf in his videos before his death said that they were et life in our oceans, and that greys have a genetic link to dolphins.

[edit on 13-3-2009 by mystiq]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq

They are very bright. They are people too!

I completely agree - I even consider my 2 dogs 'people' as well. Living with animals you get to observe some fascinating behavior. I have no doubt my dogs are conscious in some way. I even see them 'communicating' with each other - not with words or sounds obviously, but with a knowing of some sort.

[edit on 13/3/09 by Evasius]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

Yeah! I agree, although I think animals are even more conscious than humans are, not in the sense of self consciousness, but conscious about nature and the environment, which makes them in my opinion more intelligent than humans

I had a theory that animals communicate through the collective consciousness, like it was observed in one experiment, where they placed apes on two different islands, which were far from each other. One group of apes had human help, the other group was on its own. Interestingly enough, whatever had been taught to the apes with human help, the others on the other island could instantly do the same without help.

Anyways, the video is amazing and I would love to see that live!

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Thank you for this thread, Evasius.
When I saw this on tv, I was filled with joyous awe. Artful, creative play.
As humans, we have a great capacity for appreciation of the world around us. And another great capacity for inquisitiveness, asking "Why? How does it work?"
We must do everything we can to be good stewards of the world in which we live. We must do this for our own continual survival, so we never become less human by lessening our capacity for awe, appreciation and inquisitiveness.

Oh, and I know what you mean...we think our cat wants to be human like us but also wants us to be more catlike.
We often find him stretched out between us in bed, his head resting on a pillow. And of course, he'ld love it if we slept more hours like a cat.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

That was the first thing I noticed and questioned was the behavior of the "air" in the ring. Shouldn't it head straight up as air does???? Very strange indeed.....I like the sonar manipulation idea....that could make sense, and open up a lot of other questions about the capabilities of sonar that maybe we haven't even learned yet. Maybe they are attempting to teach US something, but because of the communication barrier, we aren't seeing it yet....

Star and flag!

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Your video is really wonderful. That experience must have been thrilling. Dolphins are my absolute favorite creature, for years when I was younger I wished I had taken marine biology. I wanted to spend a lifetime studying them.
Thanks for sharing that.

top topics

join