It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's premier worried for U.S. investments

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   

edition.cnn.com...

edition.cnn.com

Beijing has high expectations for U.S. President Barack Obama's economic recovery strategy, but worries remain about the safety of China's assets in the United States, Premier Wen Jiabao said on Friday.

"We have loaned a huge amount of money to the United States," Wen said at a news conference in Beijing. "Of course, we are concerned about the safety of our assets. To be honest, I'm a little bit worried. I would like for you [a Western reporter] to call on the United States to honor its word and stay a credible nation and ensure the safety of Chinese assets."

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13-3-2009 by Bunch]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
It looks like the Chinese are going to give us a wake up call sooner rather than later. Although China is not the only ones who lends money to the US, is they stop sending money this way it certainly going to cause a domino effect for other other countries and thats when our dollar would collapse.

It looks like the worst case scenarios for our economy have not gone completely away yet.

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13-3-2009 by Bunch]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
WW3 here we come......

If the Chinese come calling for their investment back and the USA can't or won’t pay what would happen? Not much I hope, but things are getting pretty worrying what with the world economy going down the toilet it wouldn't surprise if there was a major (global) conflict soon and then there won’t be any need for money as we won’t have anything to buy with us going back to the barter system a fair price for work compleated

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
If they were sent the 900 billion or so in ameros as purported,
and we end up going to the amero at 10 cents on the dollar,
they would have the equivelent of 900 billion X 9, or
8.1 trillion while we take it up the...

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
It would be a wise move for China to wage economic warfare against the USA in these sorts of times,which they could easily do..they would also take a hit but i think the government and citizens in China would last longer than those in the west.We are definetly going to see a shift in global power in the next few years,what goods a large military if you cant pay for it.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

In January, there were hints that China wanted to start investing in Gold instead of U.S. treasury bills. The simple fact is, they will stop buying our treasury debt, they have only been continuing the purchases for "political" reasons, not for financial reasons.

The question is.......... how soon will they stop......... also will the prediction about "fake gold" come out soon............ so people will run to the T-bills and dollar for awhile?

I don't put it past the U.S. govt. to set that up soon, now that China is starting to be hesitant about buying our T-bills, so they will mess with China, by proclaiming "fake gold".

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Oh they'll stop buying our T-Bonds soon. I've been saying that the possibility of this happening increases as the 'Recession' goes on.

All we need is one big blow to our markets and we're screwed.

Walkin' on a tight rope with no net.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

But I think this is he first time that a high level chinese official, much less the PM, has publicly any sort of worries about the ability of the US to pay it's debt.

And fake gold? What's that all about? Never heard of that one before?

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I can't help but to be amused at the idea that China would start WW3 over the US not paying back their debt on China's demand. I see it possibly happening a bit differently... I see the US sparking up a new Cold War which could mutate into WW3 against China if they stop buying US government debt.

If wars were still fought in trenches like they were decades ago, then yes, China's man power gives them the advantage and we'd likely get our asses kicked. However, warfare has dramatically changed and the US is still in possession of the most powerfull toys of mass destruction and carnage. Simple fact is that we continue to hold the abillity to erradicate virtually any country on Earth should we so choose with nothing more than a few button presses while also holding the abillity to deflect *most* large scale attacks against the US. I'm sure China recognizes this, they are not stupid, and would be extremely reluctant to open an actual war against the US.

Honestly, despite all the talk about the demise of US superiority and despite the bumbling we've done in the Middle East, where warfare is concerned, America is still the 800 lb gorilla. If we weren't, I think this recession/depression would have crippled us as the rest of the world would have abandoned the dollar long ago without fear of reprisal.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Why would China want to start a WW3 , they can crash the dollar and without a bullet sent, win the war, a crippled US

I reread ur post, was NOT you to imply WW3 , sorry m8

[edit on 13-3-2009 by branty]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by branty

Still that will be like wagging war on the US at least on the economy.

China and any other developing nation do not have to use weapons of mass destruction anymore to bring US to its knees they have the power to do so economically.

Now I wonder what promises have our government given to China in order for them to keep buying our death and lately financing our stimulus recovery.

That is what American people should be asking about and trying to find out.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Not to deflect away from this thread , But slayer69 has a similar thread currently on board , that implies sterner action imo

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by branty
reply to post by marg6043

Not to deflect away from this thread , But slayer69 has a similar thread currently on board , that implies sterner action imo

Thanks

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

correction , most countries not every country , also USA has no capability to stop a Russian ICBM nuclear assault

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sadchild01

We do if Dingus doesn't eliminate the European missle shield as he's proposed to Putin as an option to gain Russian help with Iran. Otherwise, sans shield we only have mutually assured destruction to defend against Russian ICBMs.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I want the Chinese to end their investments with us so (their buying up of our debt).

Why?

I want for our government to become more fiscally responsible. So they can't just do things without thinking like they have been for the past 50 years.

Good job on the Chinese's part.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
reply to post by sadchild01

We do if Dingus doesn't eliminate the European missle shield as he's proposed to Putin as an option to gain Russian help with Iran. Otherwise, sans shield we only have mutually assured destruction to defend against Russian ICBMs.

the shield is useless againsr russia .

Russia has several massive underground cities and a good civil defence system too , to survive a nuke assault , USA has nothing in comparison

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
These rumblings from China are serious and should not be taken lightly... should China, for whatever reason (say to prevent us from protecting Taiwan prior to an invasion or attack Iran or it doesn't like a policy of ours) decide to call in its loans we are screwed... the economy may be bad right now but it they did that it would bring the entire nation to a screeching halt.

In short in selling all of those bonds to China to give tax cuts to his owners, bush minor effectively gave China some serious economic power over us... think about it...

... If that's not treason I don't know what is.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
These rumblings from China are serious and should not be taken lightly...

I agree, with US in such a delicate position with the economic crisis and the only ones bailing us out while buying our debt, China can dictate anything they want, after all our economic credibility is in the line.

For a few years even before the economic crisis I have been trying to make a point of how vulnerable US has become due to its insatiable addiction for foreign loans.

People have not Idea how much our nation depends on China for the government to function.

This has lowered the power of the US to make policies and take decisions without the influence of the nations that we owe.

One gesture of China against the US economically and there goes our markets, China can manipulate America economically not the other way around as they are the ones holding the wallets.

new topics

top topics

join