It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portugal: UFO amazes an entire town

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I couldn't find any posting for this but it seems like quite a credible source from multiple witnesses with some strange photos included in the link below.

Residents of the town of Campo Maior in the Alentejo region of Portugal have reported seeing a low flying UFO that at one stage hovered just above a resident’s garden. At 7.30pm on February the 17th an elderly woman was in her backyard when she saw a glowing object illuminate the entire area. The woman was alone but her daughter who lived nearby also saw the otherworldly object.

www.--.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by volcanicleaf

I'm from Portugal, I have been searching in our news agencies, and I don't find anything related to that sighting.

And the news quoted doesn't give the original source of the information.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I have just this minute seen the pictures the women took on her camera looks very interesting indeed, however, with any photos of contrails I would say that is our technology.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

Quick google comes up with this: www.cidadeverde.com...

Makes me think we are talking about a Campo Maior in Brazil, not Portugal, and someone messed up.

Rather unimpressive pictures, probably a slow news day... UFO sightings are by no means rare, but their nature means it's hard for a non professional to take pictures or video with quality, and the few times that does happen there seems to be some state run censorship in place to keep the awareness of them out of the group mind, either to protect the secrecy of military hardware or to keep the sheep from contacting aliens, which I suppose could be considered "higher powers" and undermine authority.

No more comment on my part. Cheers.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Zepherian

In Brazil they speak portuguese, so it's natural that some regions have the same name, or are named after regions in Portugal.

Campo Maior is a region in Alentejo (who, at my knowledge, the name isn't used in any other luso country). Alentejo is in the south of Portugal.

But again, this things usually come up in other news agencies, which in this case, didn't happen.

I also searched in APNO (portuguese association of ufology), and they also don't have any record of this sighting.

I find it a little weird that our own social communication doesn't know something that a foreign news agency knows. But, I don't know...maybe I'm missing something.

Still searching for info... If I find it, I'll translate it and post it here.

[edit on 13/3/09 by Tifozi]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
www.campomaior.pi.gov.br...

Deny ignorance and all that

I'm portuguese too, so, boa tarde, fique bem.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Boas.

But in the article they are specific:

(...) Campo Maior in the Alentejo region (...)

Anyway, I have been looking into the pictures, and they can actualy be anything. No points of reference, size, and all that basic stuff...

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tifozi

In Brazil they speak portuguese, so it's natural that some regions have the same name, or are named after regions in Portugal.

Campo Maior is a region in Alentejo (who, at my knowledge, the name isn't used in any other luso country). Alentejo is in the south of Portugal.

But again, this things usually come up in other news agencies, which in this case, didn't happen.

I also searched in APNO (portuguese association of ufology), and they also don't have any record of this sighting.

I find it a little weird that our own social communication doesn't know something that a foreign news agency knows. But, I don't know...maybe I'm missing something.

Still searching for info... If I find it, I'll translate it and post it here.

[edit on 13/3/09 by Tifozi]

That is in Brasil.
Eh no brasil,mano!

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I'm getting tired of responding to nonsense claims based on google.

1. They say it's in Alentejo. Alentejo IS a region in Portugal, and actually, a VERY specific one.

2. They talk about a church, which you can see in google maps (maps.google.pt (portuguese version)) if you search for "igreja Campo Maior".

3. Unless the Roman Empire also had alien technology, I don't think romans would have constructed anything in south america.

Campo Maior is an ancient Roman site: continuing the trend of UFO sightings in areas of some historical significance.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I'm Portuguese to.

Nevertheless, there is no news about something like this in Portugal.
The photos can be anything, so...

new topics

top topics

join