It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Am I ??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Am I amongst the living ?

Where are we ?

Ive had so many OOBEs, WHICH, might I add, I NEVER even believed in

Im beginning to think, alternate universes are NORmAL.

Vibrations and energy are everything and our bodies are NOTHING?

I think Ive reached the realm of understanding!

YOu are nothing..a speck of relavance in time. Sleep, and find out the true meaning to life= the NEW science.
This is mortifying but it is the truth. In the 5th dimention, you are pure energy, energy that will one day be something else, and then something else...and so on.

I feel, I ve touched on this thru meditation, but my god, if this is truth, then what IS the MEANING to life..........

Where the HELL are we??????????????????

[Edited on 19-4-2004 by John bull 1]

dz

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I've never been able to have a real, true OOBE. I've tried my best. Any tips?

We are in the now. Not the past. Not the future, but the now. What is the meaning of life? Knowledge.

Our bodies. They're temples for our soul. Treat your body right and it will reward you greatly.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   
intently try to be aware of the MOMENT of sleep

let your body go purely limp

allow only one thought

either where u want to go or whom youd like to see

be aware of your bdy going to "sleep" and your mind staying aware

feel the vibrational state of awareness of entering rem sleep

when you feel "heavyyy"

close your mind to all thought aand allow your mind to "do its thing:

you may hear conversation radio, stimulus of all sorts....ignore hynogogic imagery

crucial moment feel your body go numb and go with the flow do NOT fight the feeling even if its uncomfortable

your there

practice this and you will

at the least arrive into lucid dreaming at BEST OOBE!

good luck in the journey

Kristine

[Edited on 18-4-2004 by xxKrisxx]

dz

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Interesting. I shall try this tonight before I go to bed.

Does it matter though if someone is in bed with you? I live with my girlfriend, so we obviously share the same bed. Do you think it'd make a difference?

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   
You are asking the unexplainable.

There are some things we are not supposed to know. That is one of them.

We've been asking ourselves who are and and what is the meaning of life since the dawn of civilization.

I believe you can find the answer to the question and apply it only to yourself. In other words, only you can find the meaning to your life. You can't read it in some book or some article. And if by some chance you do find the meaning of your own life, you can't share it with others because every one of us is responsible to finding that answer on our own.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 12:38 AM
link   
DZ

I've done a fair amount of reading on the subject and I don't think it matters a bit if there's someone else in the bed with you. The only problem it could present is if they are a very restless sleeper and bump you too much to where you can't relax (or if they are always nuzzling up to you demanding sex , but then, that really isn't a problem is it ?
).

Anyway, all the tips Kris offered are excellent. I've also read that it's a good idea for your head to be facing magnetic north. It has to do with helping the vibrations, which herald the onset of an AP, to come.

That's another point to touch on as well. With anybody who is a newbie at AP, the vibrations which come can at first be extremely startling. It's almost like a freight train going through your head so it can be very scary.

It's not really known why the vibrations come at all except that they seem to allow for the temporary seperation of body and spirit ( your basic astral projection).

The fear barrier is also an issue that should be touched on because as long as it exists within you it is unlikely you will be able to have a successful AP.

I always get to the point of successfully seperating from my body, then I freak out because, let's face it...it's a very weird sensation. Then because of that fear barrier, I get immediately sucked back into my body.

Totally fascinating topic AP is and a really good book on the subject is Journeys Out of the Body by Robert Monroe.

Good luck in your nocturnal explorations DZ.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 07:33 AM
link   
xxKrisxx, you've somehow described exactly how a OOBE worked for me one time. one thought -> numb body, clear thought, yet concious -> aware, yet one -> can see with eyes closed, without moving. couldn't get passed looking at the lower part of my body though. i better get at it again now that im all psyc'd out.
bong!

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
to see your own body is freaky, deafence#..Just practice and youll get over it ...I was lucky, When I started I was blind projecting, couldnt see #.

BUT I was and still do get stuck half out like there is glue holding me in it...

This is some heavy #, I believe it is the science of the future...that th is from where our answers will be coming

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxKrisxx

You might want to look into String Theory; that sounds about what you are talking.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

You might want to look into String Theory; that sounds about what you are talking.

Im going to do that right now...I did read something about it but I forget...Im going to do a search\

Thanks Jonna

dz

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

Im going to do that right now...I did read something about it but I forget...Im going to do a search\

Thanks Jonna

Good luck. Not many people can grasp the concept of string theory.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by dz
Good luck. Not many people can grasp the concept of string theory.

Well, basicly the idea is of getting matter/energy into its most finite form (because we only seem to be able to comprehend things through form). Just think about stripping an atom down into electrons, protons, neutrons then further into quirks, mesons...forgive me on this as I am a bit rusty on the terminalogy. Anywho, it is the idea that there is only one pure form of energy/matter: a string. The reason that these strings can be observed as different is because of the way that they resonate like the strings of a guitar. It is like existence is a piece of fabric and the strings/threads of this fabric appear as different from one another because of the way that this cloth (the individual threads) wiggles in the wind like a flag, but in reality the strings are identical: energy in its purest form. One is the only real number.

The problem, like with everything, is that we can only seem to comprehend things on the level of form most of the time and so we are still limiting ourselves to it. Take this into consideration, an atom is not real and has never been seen to this day; it is a concept that we can visualize and only in that does it hold reality.

dz

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Ya so, I tried it last night. I fell asleep. I woke up this morning a little early, and one of the techniques I read involved waking up early. So I tried that, and also fell asleep.

I guess I just gotta keep practicing.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
www.pbs.org...

this is a nova link on string theory with a bunch of little and cool videos about the theory of unification. or string theory.

i had my own theory of unification before i ever knew einstiens or was told about this. atleast in this life anywayz

Where are we ?
quite often i think that i am in hell. or a filtering state of hell. most things that are good are bad for our physical body. fatty greasy foods usually taste pretty good, but clog up our insides and give us heart disease. sex is awesome, but the sex pool is infested with disease, according to the statistics that is. and one thing that if really screwed up is the fact money is the number one priority in our society. some peice of paper that is really nothing is the most coveted.

and our bodies really are nothing. physically we are comprised mostly of empty space. no not water empty space. the keyboard you are typing on is just an illusion of a solid, while it is literally just empty space. off through hell i go with a gay look my face and alcolohal filling up the cup and pushing away the empty space.

peace

[Edited on 4/19/2004 by panchovilla]

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by panchovilla
www.pbs.org...

this is a nova link on string theory with a bunch of little and cool videos about the theory of unification. or string theory.

i had my own theory of unification before i ever knew einstiens or was told about this. atleast in this life anywayz

Where are we ?
quite often i think that i am in hell. or a filtering state of hell. most things that are good are bad for our physical body. fatty greasy foods usually taste pretty good, but clog up our insides and give us heart disease. sex is awesome, but the sex pool is infested with disease, according to the statistics that is. and one thing that if really screwed up is the fact money is the number one priority in our society. some peice of paper that is really nothing is the most coveted.

and our bodies really are nothing. physically we are comprised mostly of empty space. no not water empty space. the keyboard you are typing on is just an illusion of a solid, while it is literally just empty space. off through hell i go with a gay look my face and alcolohal filling up the cup and pushing away the empty space.

peace

Nice site, Thanks!

Hey I like what you said about ups being mostly empty space because this is true. Ive thought of matter in that respect but not oraganic matter.....That is something to ponder isnt it
Good observation Panchovilla

[Edited on 4/19/2004 by panchovilla]

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Lay on your left side, facing a window with the curtains open, so sunlight can freely come in. Make SURE that when you close your eyes, you can see plenty of "red".

(Pretty much like when you close your eyes and then hit yourself with a flashlight...NO, NOT LITERALLY...I MEAN WITH THE LIGHT BEAM!)

Okay, you're laying down, facing the window, your eyes are closed, there's plenty of "red" registering in your eyes...right? Now, cover your left eye by pressing it into a pillow or something. In the left eye, you should see "black", in the right eye, you should see "red".

Now, here's the hard part...STOP TALKING TO YOURSELF! CLEAR YOUR HEAD COMPLETELY!

Just relax...and wait...and see if anything appears. This resulted in my very first "vision". I've been doing this excercise almost every day for just over eleven years. It's harmless fun, and sometimes the "sights" are amazing!

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toelint
Lay on your left side, facing a window with the curtains open, so sunlight can freely come in. Make SURE that when you close your eyes, you can see plenty of "red".

(Pretty much like when you close your eyes and then hit yourself with a flashlight...NO, NOT LITERALLY...I MEAN WITH THE LIGHT BEAM!)

Okay, you're laying down, facing the window, your eyes are closed, there's plenty of "red" registering in your eyes...right? Now, cover your left eye by pressing it into a pillow or something. In the left eye, you should see "black", in the right eye, you should see "red".

Now, here's the hard part...STOP TALKING TO YOURSELF! CLEAR YOUR HEAD COMPLETELY!

Just relax...and wait...and see if anything appears. This resulted in my very first "vision". I've been doing this excercise almost every day for just over eleven years. It's harmless fun, and sometimes the "sights" are amazing!

I'll try that the next time the sun comes out, sounds very interesting. Is this just your mind playing tricks? Or is it some sort of shortcut to psychic visions?

Where did you hear about it?

[Edited on 26-4-2004 by Faceless]

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toelint

"Lay on your left side, facing a window with the curtains open, so sunlight can freely come in. Make SURE that when you close your eyes, you can see plenty of "red.... "

I fell upon this one because I am famous for staying out all night and going to work the next day:
When I lay down to finally goto sleep after being up for some 36 hours, the moment my eyes close I see really strange things. imagery, faces in the swirls of color in my closed eyes. Then, I get sounds and odd thoughts , when I concentrate on them and try to stay awake. I love doing this!
Im going to try your technique so I dont have to sleep deprive myself.

But it does sound like a good concentration exersice, even if its meaningless mind play.

Some believe the images seen during this state are evidence of clairvoyance or psychic ability

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
When you stay up for long hours then your spirit is impatient to get out and into the astral realms, that's why it's helpful to only sleep when you have burned off all your energy first.

The astral and energy bodies are not our entire self they are only a projection of the self which exists on many levels, some subtle and spiritual and some very solid and heavy. They all remain connected in various ways and our consciousness can move from one to the other, usually under full control from our spiritual guardians.

That's what I believe anyway

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by dz
Ya so, I tried it last night. I fell asleep. I woke up this morning a little early, and one of the techniques I read involved waking up early. So I tried that, and also fell asleep.

I guess I just gotta keep practicing.

You do. Lol.

The trick is in maintaining that borderland just before the onset of sleep. THAT'S when an astral pojection can best occur.

Or if you're just waking up, reverse it. You want to maintain that completely relaxed feeling you have just before you wake up and your muscles come back to life.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join