It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity has [SNIP]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I have learned there is no situation in which swearwords are tasteful. duly noted. Tip of hat. God thanks himself for ats.

Hi Christianity, it's Isaiah. I don't know if you're still able to listen, but, as a comparatively objective person, I must say that your lack of steadfastness has made you the mockery of religion. You start threads trying to disprove evolution, which is a process that is generally accepted as undistorted truth......

THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

SEEK, AND YE SHALL...BLAHABLAH (PARAPRASE TO ILLUSTRATE POINT)

I left Christianity because you let George W represent you on the world stage. You let him rep you like moderatemuslims let a jihad rep. them. Only thing is, you assume your perfection.

Cast a stone, hypocrite. Your comfort is your acceptance of ignorance. The truth is never where you last saw it.

Be a follower of christ, christians, and evolve.

To be honest. I've smelled nothing but wolf since i was told to "take my hands off" a buddy of mine at bible camp. I was ten years old, and the "teacher" told me i might cause him to be posessed, which is a direct slap in the face to "......it is only such as these(children) that'll get into heaven.....(edit2it is tradition to put your hands on those you're praying for)
I chaulk it up to short man's syndrome....he played college ball and i was in tenth grade and i blocked his shot so he embarrassed me back. If christianity didn't change values to match popular opinion (nicea included), we might get some more respect.

stop #ing up.

love,

irrelevant.

edit:removal of random evolution comment and also feel i need to add that I love Jesus so much I wont sit idly by...I'm not as effective aspeaker as most, but I want it to be known that Jesus was anti-pharisee, devoid of the want of power an money, and consistant in his humbleness. Sooooo...what the heck are we doing???????????
pwned by the devil, some people are saying.
the validity of this question is a testament to our failure, I have heard.

Who are we?

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 13-3-2009 by Gemwolf]

[edit on 13-3-2009 by heyo]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
As a christian that was about a useless post and not really sure why it is on ATS. Nothing about it is worth a debate or a conspiracy. It's just a personal opinion post with NO room for debate. More like a "hey star and flag me and earn me points if you hate christians and religion too"

You believe what you want, as will I. Isn't that the bottom line here? I believe in creation, GOD, Christ, and the morals/values of my religion. You choose to go with the evolution, monkey to man, scientific theory's thing. Whos way is right?

In my mind, I am. In your mind, you are. In the end only one of us will be right!

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Hyp grabs his popcorn and a big gulp. Munch, munch.. It's gonna be a bonafide massacre....

~Hyp

[edit on 13-3-2009 by HypnoAsp]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

I'm sorry, but I'm not gonna let your acceptance of unanswered questions represent Jesus anymore. I will smile at evolution if it is truth, because if it is truth, then there are rules of the universe that were put into place to define it as such. Christians are refuting atheists in threads, trying to prove logically what is aneathema to proof. Christians are juding abortion without addressing the plank in their own eye. Christians are allowing false assumptions to fester because

Christianity cannot define itself anymore.
aka
What is OUR purpose?
How did jesus define the bride of christ?

Where was it prophesied that Jesus is to worshipped as God?

The truth by defintion cannot be wrong. The search for it is the right of every man. Smile and wink at what refutes you if it's truth.

Truth doesn't care what you're doing on sundays, right?

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

Your assumptions are what i'm trying to illustrate. Our assumptions. You have to turn it into a me vs. them.

you don't even know what a christian is.
does anyone?

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
TH;IS IS NOT A JOKE OR ABAITING SEMINAR I AM TESTIMONY TO YOUR INABILITY TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS WITHOUT ASSUMPTION

AKA:

YOU HAVE NO CORNERSTONE.

ADMIT TO YOURSELF THAT YOU FEAR THE INCONSISTENCIES OF THE BIBLE AND THE ACCEPTANCE OF YOUR LACK OF CONTROL (OR LACK OF VIABLE PROOF OF WHAT TRUTH IS)WILL BE BE A MANIFESTATION OF YOUR FAITH

You don't need to have all the answers to be right you guys!!!
Embrace what offends you
Wrap yourself in your uncertainties
Welcome logic when it traps you.
Recognize the potential of it's fallability
The acceptance of it is the limiting of potential.

It's all gibberish when a man tries to truly define the important things in the universe. As a christian, we have to at the very least acknowledge the fledgeling nature of our perception of events.

new topics

top topics

join