It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
This is EXACTLY what we don't want to be hearing right now. China is beginning to have second thoughts about buying our debt from us. And if that happens then we have nobody else to go to to finance our future debt OR these stimulus packages that are being drawn up and signed faster than you can blink an eye. Which means we will be "dead in the water". This would lead to an immediate crash of the dollar - not to mention what it would do to the stock market. It would totally shut us down. For those of you who think this economic crisis is over and it's time to start investing in the stock market again, I hope you're paying attention to this. China has us by the "you know what". And it isn't helping matters any that we just sent a destroyer to the South China Sea today because of that incident with our spy ship. Sorry folks - I don't mean to come across as an alarmist but the United States is in a very precarious position right now. We (our government) dug this hole we now find ourselves in and China has the power to bring us down. The last thing we want to do is p--s them off.

www.bloomberg.com...

caffertyfile.blogs.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Yes I agree they are a threat. But.....who is gona buy all those things (just about everything we use) "Made In China?" We need them and they need us thanks to the world market.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if China owned the US and frankly I would kind of prefer them as to the mad men running our country, but I digress. In all likely hood the end of the US would indeed have an intervention by China, Russia and other territories. The US would be handed over to different regions. That is after all the war that is, the war we are waging in our own backyard is indeed one to be concerned about.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by F15-Pilot

I guess it is good we just sent a warship over there for "peaceful purposes". (I can't find a linky right now.) This can all blow up in our face. Just when everyone is thinking the financial crisis is over....

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I had a feeling that this was going to happen.

They are not going to let us double our national debt. It just isn't going to happen. They will let us sink and take the hit because they will come out better in the end. If we try to inflate our way out of this then what is the point of them buying anymore of our debt?

We are just trying to pass the buck, and make China take the loss for us. It is such a transparent move that everybody see's what we are trying to do.

This is officially economic warfare.

top topics

join