It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Red Rain Phenomenon of Kerala and Its Possible Extraterrestrial Origin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Organisms replicating at 300 degrees Celsius
and showing this kind of autofluorescence are currently
unknown to exist on earth, which is again an indication supporting
the view that these cells are possibly extraterrestrial.

Back in 2001 red rain fell in Kerla and India. Samples of this red rain were taken for testing. What was discovered is truly out of this world!

Tests confirmed the red rain was actually microbes that seem to be more active at tempratures ranging from -200 degrees celsius to +300 degrees celsius!

Earth microbes would be long dead at these tempratures! That leads me to assume these microbes are not from earth, which begs the question, were the hell are they from?

2009 Report on Red Rain

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I remember hearing about this a few years ago. I have no idea where these microbes are coming from, but the Scientologists have some interesting things to say about where some sort of living organisms come from that have infected humanity, causing us undue pains and and strife. I am sure, if you give them enough money they will help you in your quest. I have no idea if these events are related, but I think they could exploit this for their cause if Ron Hubbard was still alive.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
It seems highly unlikly that they are from earth. Those microbes can easily survive in space.

[edit on 13-3-2009 by SuperSlovak]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
This is not the first time red rain has fell in Kerala (a part of India, not a different place as the OP suggested); it has been reported several times in the past 100 years. A 2001 study of the phenomenon found that...

The colour was found to be due to the presence of a large amount of spores of a lichen-forming alga belonging to the genus Trentepohlia. Field verification showed that the region had plenty of lichens. Samples of lichen taken from Changanacherry, when cultured in an algal medium, also showed the presence of the same species of algae. Both samples (from rainwater and from trees) produced the same kind of algae, indicating that the spores seen in the rainwater could most probably have come from local sources.

(SOURCE --web.archive.org...://www.geocities.com/iamgoddard/Sampath2001.pdf)

These finds have been supported by other studies. The ET-origin hypothesis has yet to be peer-reviewed.

[edit on 13-3-2009 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Id like to challenge ANYONE to find me a organism from EARTH that can reproduce at +300 degrees, good luck.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak
Id like to challenge ANYONE to find me a organism from EARTH that can reproduce at +300 degrees, good luck.

I won't argue or even challenge this. Strain 121 is the highest i know of, but at hydrothermal vents temperatures can reach up to 400 degrees Celsius and pH can become highly acidic, bacteria and primitive microbes at these vents are chemosynthetic, meaning they gain energy through reactions involving inorganic molecules.

Species of worms, shrimp, crabs and other invertebrates also inhabit hydrothermal vent environments, the majority of the hundreds of new species discovered at vents thanks to recent technological improvements are found exclusively in deep sea hydrothermal vent environments.

I would be bold to say if they have put in the money to study our ocean as with space i am sure, no doubt we would have found something that would have shocked us to the core. So to rule out any other microbe/organism to reproduce at 300+ degrees, i won't just yet.

[edit on 3/13/2009 by qonone]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak

That's fine. But it has been shown no such organisms existed within the red rain.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
It's always nice to see this story again as it is one of the most underrated stories in the UFO phenomenon. I posted about this back when he released this paper last year:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And an even older thread on the subject here.

I tried to strike up communication with Dr Louis on his current work, but no answer was forthcoming.

[edit on 13/3/09 by Shere Khaan]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
The reason I brought this up again is because of the new report.
This could be history in the making!

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
GROOOOOOOOAN.
This is completely resolved - earth origins - thanks.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I know Linda's report is recent but all her data is taken from that SPIE report Dr Louis made last year. This Dr Louis' homepage if you want to see all his works.

The only new thing she has presented is the interview with Dr Louis and he only iterates what he presented in his two reports.

Still, as I said, I always like seeing this topic come back.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by audas
GROOOOOOOOAN.
This is completely resolved - earth origins - thanks.

Was that a joke? If not then I suggest you come up with a reason. No one has been able to dispute Dr Louis' findings to date.

So be our guest, do some scientific work and disprove it...

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Interesting how the red microbes have no DNA,
That should get some attention.

new topics

join