It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Increased Number Think Global Warming Is “Exaggerated”

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

PRINCETON, NJ -- Although a majority of Americans believe the seriousness of global warming is either correctly portrayed in the news or underestimated, a record-high 41% now say it is exaggerated. This represents the highest level of public skepticism about mainstream reporting on global warming seen in more than a decade of Gallup polling on the subject. As recently as 2006, significantly more Americans thought the news underestimated the seriousness of global warming than said it exaggerated it, 38% vs. 30%. Now, according to Gallup's 2009 Environment survey, more Americans say the problem is exaggerated rather than underestimated, 41% vs. 28%.

www.gallup.com...

Yes, i know it's a poll.....but i'm still a little shocked to see this. I thought more people believed global warming was true...than other who did not.

This completely blows my perception of it. I don't buy it either...not enough proof either way...and there are many thing that cause our climate to change.

Our climate is always changing.

Just thought this was interesting..........

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I like to call it: Human Caused Climate Change.

Because we give ourselves waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to much credit.

Not only do we breath out CO2, fart CO2... but the ocean emits more of it then the human civilization could ever produce.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
This kinda shows that people aren't buying into everything the media feeds them.

They probably don't like the fact that their energy bills are going to go up after all of the green policies are put into effect...that is if they are put into law.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
It just shows that Al Gore (aside from inventing the internet, winning a Nobel Prize) has failed in convincing the world of THIS fraud.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
IMO it is not exagerrated. It could not be told of enough. I remember learning of climate change in the first grade ( and I am no spring chicken). It was thought then that it would be long away, but it is happening much faster than expected. I do not think it is man made, it is a natural cycle of the earth, we just happen to be living during that cycle, we may be speeding it up though. Al Gore may very well be making a killing off global warming and climate change, as are many others I am sure, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I have yet to see proof that it doesn't, but I have seen proof that it does, with mine own eyes.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

We fart methane also which is 100x times worse than co2,cows and livestock produce a friggin shedload of methane ..wheres my blow up bubble habitat so i can get this over with and save the planet.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
This kinda shows that people aren't buying into everything the media feeds them.

Its funny you see it that way. I see it that the media has won once again and people believe what it feeds them. Way more money is being spent to try and make you think nothing bad is going on and let the company's of the world rape and pillage poor mother earth. No I don't have links but feel free to see how much the oil companies have been making as they are major funders of anti global warming info.

Their is way more money to be made in going against global warming.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
The majority doesn't count anymore. If a minority group says something is bad for us and complains long and loud enough then they get their way. The animal rights activists, Mexicans and homosexuals do it. It is a proven tactic.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
carbon tax baby...
how else can they get their claws in?

Obama will sign it and ant tax savings will be increased there in every industry.
gnashing of teeth will begin when we are taxed literally to death.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrMattMaddix
It just shows that Al Gore (aside from inventing the internet, winning a Nobel Prize) has failed in convincing the world of THIS fraud.

Thats why they changed the name from global warming to climate change.

I want to know what it was called before man walked the earth and the planet warmed and cooled.
These climate change supporters hate it called global warming and say that it is a misleading term.
I asked what is climate change, and they said, the warming of the planet.
I asked if the planet was a globe that was warming up?

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
When we first began to speak of global warming it was not a media affair. It was much more like something taught in school, mentioned in newsletters, of course it was breifly mentioned in the news but people kind of brushed it off, maily because it was so far off. I mean it was going to be 100's or even 1000's of years before we really started to see loss of life and land due to it. People thought science didn't know their butt from a hole in the ground. They just rejected and didn't do anything, and the news didn't say anything else about it. It was like it would just go away, but the signs started appearing. Science was right, it was happening, and in our lifetime, not some distant 100 or more years away, only a mere 40 years. You guys need to realize one thing. It is real. Just because you hear of freezing and snow in strange areas, global cooling, that is an effect of it. Read up on the real stages of global warming. When it first became public knowledge. Did you know that one of the first times climate change was discovered and studied was in 1896? No doubt that the government and many other organizations have and will continue to make money from the tragedy that is global warming, they did not invent it, they cannot control it now because we have waited to long, and they are doing nothing to stop it. Please take to time to read this article, or research on your own the discovery of global warming, greenhouse gases, and our planet's fate before dismissing the event is happening based on crooked politicians.

"To a patient scientist, the unfolding greenhouse mystery is far more exciting than the plot of the best mystery novel. But it is slow reading, with new clues sometimes not appearing for several years. Impatience increases when one realizes that it is not the fate of some fictional character, but of our planet and species, which hangs in the balance as the great carbon mystery unfolds at a seemingly glacial pace."

link:www.aip.org...

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I think we are going through a cycle which we go through every few hundred years or more... but I think the cycle is actually a spiral... which is unfortunately heading downwards...

MW31

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I don't completely reject the idea (I think we can and probably are damaging our environment to some degree), but once they started with the 'carbon credits' BS, I stopped listening to the global warming crowd completely. It was at that point that it became obvious that it was a scam intended to drive a revenue stream for the ones at the top pushing it.

BTW, I'm surprised (and encouraged) to see that result as well. I thought more people had taken the bait than that, but given the trend lines, it looks like they've started to reject it in the last couple of years instead.

[edit on 13-3-2009 by vor78]

new topics

top topics

join