Gematria - Jesus in the Bible - Conspiracy of Linguists or proof of God?

page: 1
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Not sure if everyone knows what Gematria is, but I'll give you a definition just in case:

Definition:
Gematria is assigning numerical values to the letters of an alphabet.

I usually use the Modern English Alphabet and the King James Version of the Bible (It doesn't Matter which version you use).

Here are the values that are assigned when using Modern English Alphabet:
A=1 B=2 C=3 D=4 E=5 F=6 G=7 H=8 I=9 J=10 K=11 L=12 M=13 N=14 O=15 P=16 Q=17 R=18 S=19 T=20 U=21 V=22 W=23 X=24 Y=25 Z=26


I'm only going to give an example of one word: Jesus (just this one word will practically take up my post space).

Please remember this is from a Christian's point of view (You may or may not agree with my definitions).

Here we go:

Jesus = 74 (Below this I will list words with the same value)
-----------
Messiah = 74 - he is considered the messiah (to christians at least).
Ruler = 74 - he is considered the ruler of heaven and earth.
Heavens = 74 - he came from and went back to the heavens.
Preacher = 74 - he preached the gospel.
Gospel = 74 - he preached the gospel.
Cross = 74 - was crucified on the cross.
Forgave = 74 - he forgave all our/their trespasses.
Beauty = 74 - his message is full of beauty.
Accursed = 74 - Galatians 3:13: Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree
Attained = 74 - he attained perfection by defeating sin.
Greater = 74 - he is greater than any of us.
Gavest = 74 - he gave his life for us. He gave us his message. He gave us hope.
Fruit = 74 - the result of his message is the fruit of the gospel.
Unbelief = 74 - many people do not believe in him.
Hundreds = 74 - Mark 6:40: And they sat down in ranks, by hundreds, and by fifties.
Fifties = 74 - Mark 6:40: And they sat down in ranks, by hundreds, and by fifties.
Widow = 74 - Mark 12:43: And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury
Penny = 74 - Luke 20:24: Shew me a penny. Whose image and superscription hath it? They answered and said, Caesar's.Lu:20:25: And he said unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which be Caesar's, and unto God the things which be God's.
------------

There are many more examples of this.

------------

What does AntiChrist mean? It means one who tries to be like Christ, or pass himself off to be Christ. Who controls the AntiChrist? Lucifer = 74

Here's my question: Do you think this is coincidence? Do you think Linguists designed the words this way? Do you think this is proof of God? Do you think I'm crazy?
wait forget that last one, hehe

God Bless.




posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
You should try the Numerological way of translating text into numbers, rather than just plainly numbering them..

It's a translation over from a numerological order of hebrew, to english.
If I believe correctly, it was transcribe by a very famous man thousands of years ago.



posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by helloblaine
You should try the Numerological way of translating text into numbers, rather than just plainly numbering them..

It's a translation over from a numerological order of hebrew, to english.
If I believe correctly, it was transcribe by a very famous man thousands of years ago.


Yup, I use that technique as well. I just figured that for people that aren't familiar with Gematria this would be simpler to understand.



posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by B.A.C.
 


Hebrew only has 22 letters, when you go from english you have to remove 4 numbers/letters that the Hebrew don;t contain by translating the words back to Hebrew. I believe this is accurate with the Greek also because they use 22 letters, but I may be wrong about the Greek...



posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Here is the Letter Transcriptions for most languages that this applies to.

Note: I am using the modern version in my OP as it is easier to understand. Also, no matter what version you use, the same words will co - relate.



This is for those that want to try this out for themselves.

Enjoy!


[edit on 12-3-2009 by B.A.C.]



posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
reply to post by B.A.C.
 


Hebrew only has 22 letters, when you go from english you have to remove 4 numbers/letters that the Hebrew don;t contain by translating the words back to Hebrew. I believe this is accurate with the Greek also because they use 22 letters, but I may be wrong about the Greek...


It's either two or four, I can't remember, of the Hebrew letters are treated as different letters depending on them being in the back or the front of a word.

@B.A.C: I started reading a book the other day called Cosmic Codes by a man named Chuch Missler the other day. The idea of the book is that the Bible contains codes, outside of the ELD sequences [though he talks about that too], that point toward its divine authorship. So far it's very interesting and it might be something that you're interested in.

If you have the time, you should try looking into what the paleo-hebraic letters symbolized. Each of the symbols, and words, gave a picture as well instead of just having a meaning. For example, the paleo-hebrew "aleph" was supposed to be an ox and meant "first" or "provider" and the paleo-hebrew "beth" was a tent and it meant, naturally dwelling. The word for father was "ab" [=abba] and the picture was of a provider for or first in the tent.



posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
nevermind.

[edit on 13-3-2009 by ghaleon12]



posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom
 


It's 5 actually, you can refer to the chart I posted above. It also shows which letters equate with their English variant.

[edit on 13-3-2009 by B.A.C.]



posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Your reference to Lucifer as Satan is incorrect. Lucifer is not the name of Satan, it is the name of a Babylonian king. See Isa 14. This is a common error. The name for Satan is Satan.



posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
Your reference to Lucifer as Satan is incorrect. Lucifer is not the name of Satan, it is the name of a Babylonian king. See Isa 14. This is a common error. The name for Satan is Satan.


Well if you believe that ok. I've read that passage several times and it's clearly talking about "The Morning Star" falling from heaven. I think there are many names for satan.

[edit on 16-3-2009 by B.A.C.]



posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by B.A.C.

What does AntiChrist mean? It means one who tries to be like Christ, or pass himself off to be Christ. Who controls the AntiChrist? Lucifer = 74


Why do you link Lucifer with anyone others than Jesju? You see lucifer means Morning Star, it is also the name of a Roman god, the god of the morningstar. If you read the latinised text of NT, Jesus is called lucifer more than once. Jesus is the clear "lucifer". NT says so. Linking Lucifer to Satan is bogus. If any god or demigod should be called lucifer these days, it's Jesju.



posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
The answer to the original question is "none of the above."

Gemantria relies on the idea that several words come out to the same value. But English has over 100,000 different words and the odds that you can come up with a set of words that you think are significant that relate to the topic and have the same value are very high. Particularly if you like anagrams.

You may have to strain to get words on the list ("gavest", for instance... ) and in the case of the Bible you may not be using the original Hebrew or Aramaic spelling. A better translation (some of the modern ones) won't give you the same values.

Although I'm headed out to work right now, I bet that many other readers here could come up with words that add up to the same value (such as the name of cars, aircraft carriers, pets, furniture, sports-related items, song titles, and the like.)



posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Whilst I think numerology has provided valid information through application of its techniques, the only form of Gemetria that actually makes sense (in my mind) is the hebrew form because hebrew letters are actually the numbers they represent (i.e Alef its actually A and 1 at the same time its not A that has been given the value of 1 randomly), as opposed to letters that are being given arbitrary numerical assignment.



posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
The answer to the original question is "none of the above."

Gemantria relies on the idea that several words come out to the same value. But English has over 100,000 different words and the odds that you can come up with a set of words that you think are significant that relate to the topic and have the same value are very high. Particularly if you like anagrams.

You may have to strain to get words on the list ("gavest", for instance... ) and in the case of the Bible you may not be using the original Hebrew or Aramaic spelling. A better translation (some of the modern ones) won't give you the same values.

Although I'm headed out to work right now, I bet that many other readers here could come up with words that add up to the same value (such as the name of cars, aircraft carriers, pets, furniture, sports-related items, song titles, and the like.)


Yes I'm aware that lots of words have the same value, usually these words are related as well. Gematria is not numerology, it is applied to religious texts. This is also done in Hebrew which has less words than English, with even better results.

The Jews take this to a whole other level. This example was meant to be basic for people that haven't seen this before. This same technique can be applied to whole verses of the Bible with surprising results.

I've written a program that applies this to complete texts, it's even more surprising when applying this to technological words.




[edit on 16-3-2009 by B.A.C.]



posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic

Originally posted by B.A.C.

What does AntiChrist mean? It means one who tries to be like Christ, or pass himself off to be Christ. Who controls the AntiChrist? Lucifer = 74


Why do you link Lucifer with anyone others than Jesju? You see lucifer means Morning Star, it is also the name of a Roman god, the god of the morningstar. If you read the latinised text of NT, Jesus is called lucifer more than once. Jesus is the clear "lucifer". NT says so. Linking Lucifer to Satan is bogus. If any god or demigod should be called lucifer these days, it's Jesju.


You say Jesus is the clear Lucifer? Then you ask me why I'm linking the two?

I'm not following you here. It's common knowledge that Lucifer is another name for Satan, it's his name before he fell.

Michael - controls 1/3 of the angels
Gabriel - controls 1/3 of the angels.
Lucifer - controls 1/3 of the angels, which all fell with him.

Like I said in my OP you may not agree with my definitions, which is fine. I'm just showing how this technique is applied.



posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by gYvMessanger
Whilst I think numerology has provided valid information through application of its techniques, the only form of Gemetria that actually makes sense (in my mind) is the hebrew form because hebrew letters are actually the numbers they represent (i.e Alef its actually A and 1 at the same time its not A that has been given the value of 1 randomly), as opposed to letters that are being given arbitrary numerical assignment.


Look at the chart I provided, our letters equate with Hebrew letters. There is another technique that only uses the Hebrew values. I kept my OP basic on purpose so people could see how this applies.



posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Also in hebrew Jesus = Yeshua which the numerical value for is Yud+Shin+Ayin in its simplest form 380.

Though Ive heard its spelt Yud+Shin+Vav+Ayin which is 386.

Ive looked at the chart you've provided I fail to see the connection between the letters and the numbers, all I see is an attempt to adapt non hebrew alphabets to the hebrew gematric system, and a very basic adaptation at that.

[edit on 16-3-2009 by gYvMessanger]



posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
small prob the original way to do it had all 32 characters...i.e it included the numbers of Hebrew too not just the letters. Read any very OLD texts on it and you will find the proper connection. When using this system it isn't just the math of the letters its the math of the numbers they "all" have meaning to ancient societies. Most of the ancient titles pertain also to sacred geometry and its' secrets.



posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by gYvMessanger
Also in hebrew Jesus = Yeshua which the numerical value for is Yud+Shin+Ayin in its simplest form 380.

Though Ive heard its spelt Yud+Shin+Vav+Ayin which is 386.

Ive looked at the chart you've provided I fail to see the connection between the letters and the numbers, all I see is an attempt to adapt non hebrew alphabets to the hebrew gematric system, and a very basic adaptation at that.

[edit on 16-3-2009 by gYvMessanger]


Yes it is a basic adaptation just for example.

In English Jesus = Joshua

Using this technique Joshua = 74 as well.



posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by B.A.C.
It's common knowledge that Lucifer is another name for Satan, it's his name before he fell.


According to Milton, Dante and Göthe and other 200-years-ago-fiction-tellers.

Lucifer is a Latin word, which means Morningstar, and it is the word which semantics mean when planet Venus rises in the East in the morning just minutes before the Sun, and which is sometimes visible while the Sun is up. Like many other Latin words, Lucifer is also the name of a god, who is, hrrrm, the god of the Morningstar -- Lucifer.

Now, the Roman religion was invented as a parallell to the Greek. It's pantheon had many gods and one of them were Lucifer. There is a parallell word to lucifer in Greek: Phosphorus. Just as in Latin, phosphorus, means both Morningstar and a god Phosphorus. It is the bringer of the Morningstar. BTW, exactly as Jesju says he is. -- Unto him who is victorious I will grant the morningstar, or lucifer.

Lucifer was invented around 500 BC based on the Greek Phosphorus. It has nothing to do with Isaiah and the Babylonian god Heylel who falls over Nebukadnezzar's empire. But in the Dark Ages, when gay King James figured out he should make a Bible, he figured, hey, why not mix in some Roman myths into the Bible? Lucifer isn't Satan, infact, the Morningstar-cycle is one of the oldest Christian symbols, the pentagram. It shows Phi and the Golden Ratio perfectly, it proves God in a way.

Satan's archtype is Ra the Sun god. Satan is all about Sunworship. Lucifer or Jesju conquers the Sun, or Ra.

[edit on 16/3/2009 by Neo Christian Mystic]





new topics




 
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join