It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Gun Ban List Is Out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Obama's Gun Ban List Is Out

www.rense.com

Here it is, folks, and it is bad news....

Remember, it is registration, then confiscation....

...."There shall be a rebuttable presumption that a firearm procured for use by the United States military or any law enforcement agency is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, and a shall not be determined to be particularly suitable for sporting purposes solely because the firearm is suitable for use in a sporting event."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
This list is insanely long, but essentially it includes a ban on the vast majority of:

-Assault Rifles
-Semiautomatic Shotguns
-Magazines Capable of Holding 10+ Rounds
-Any Firearms In Use by the MIL or LEO, and their Civilian Market Equivalents.

I honestly fail to see how such a stringent ban could ever muster enough Democratic support, seeing as quite a few Democrats do in fact still hail from "Gun Friendly" Constituencies.

Also, notation must be made of the numerous Democrats who actually supported the recent "D.C. Vote" Amendment, which would strip the District of its stringent Firearms Regulations (Including the deregulation of Assault Rifle Ownership Laws). This is despite the fact that if such passage had not made it through the Senate, the Democrats would have most likely already picked up an extra Seat of Representation in the Lower House.

www.rense.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

How do we know this list to be true? Hasn't Rense been wrong on a few occasions?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
It's odd the m1 carbine is on it but the m1 garand is not. I know you can get these through the civilian marksmanship program so maybe that's it. I saw a .308 garand for 300 and I may pick it up as it'll be one of the best legal guns out there if this list is correct.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Well if this was true it would likely be followed by a barrage of illegal search and seizures.

The american people won't stand for it and this would be considered making war against the american people.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
Well if this was true it would likely be followed by a barrage of illegal search and seizures.

The american people won't stand for it and this would be considered making war against the american people.

You would be surprised what the American people will take lying down.

As for the gun ban, I read something a while back where Biden said something to the effect that any firearm that wasnt a muzzle loder musket/rifle was an assault rifle. (I think it was biden that said that) Im not worried though, I can go down the road (to the friendly local ghetto) and get anything I want if I got the cash for it. Let them pass all the laws that they wish, its the people's obediance to those laws that give the words on those pieces of paper their power and influence.

Only a fool would follow the law when it comes to an unconstitutional law, like restricting firearms.

[edit on 12-3-2009 by A NeWorlDisorder]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
this is why we are seeing record guns sales.

when i thought common sense prevailed in this country i would have bet obama wasnt gonna be our president-how wrong i was. i would say we have nothing to worry about-FACT IS this is very worrysome.

cause its very likely it will pass. it will be a dark day in american history when one of our most fundamental rights was taken away....

i hope this wont pass i wish 2010 would hurrry up and get here so we can put into place a congress that is not so liberal.

criminals will always have guns-the honest hard working amercian trying to protect his family and home wont and if that day should ever arise-you have millions less of good people and more and more criminal activity

[edit on 12-3-2009 by neo67]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
This was an idiotic idea.

Did they not see what happened in Europe?

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by CapsFan8
It's odd the m1 carbine is on it but the m1 garand is not. I know you can get these through the civilian marksmanship program so maybe that's it. I saw a .308 garand for 300 and I may pick it up as it'll be one of the best legal guns out there if this list is correct.

It only seems odd, but you have to remember something. The people proposing these bans don't have a damn clue what they're banning. Most of them probably don't even know which end of a gun the bullet exits from.

As for this list, on first glance, it appears quite similar to the revised list from HR1022.

They're picking a losing battle. At this point, I think they'll have trouble getting it through the House of Representatives. The Dems had to run a number of fairly conservative candidates in the last couple of elections in order to win traditionally Republican strongholds. I think a good number of those representatives are going to shy away from supporting the Obama administration on this one...assuming they want to be re-elected in 2010.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

Dude, that is like every gun possible. Essentially banning everything. Damn I really hate freakin liberals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by helloblaine
This was an idiotic idea.

Did they not see what happened in Europe?

They see it alright. They see it as a success.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The list itself just like the lists of current slave states with bans and the previous AWB contains more logical holes and inconsistencies than even the Bible.

Mini-14 is on the list. I guess the Mini-30 is cool though?

HiPoint carbine on the list. My CX4 is okay though?

As far as the list of cosmetics go nobody has yet even tried to tell me how a barrel shroud, forward grip, threaded barrel or bayonet lug makes a gun more "dangerous."

There was that one politician who tried:

[edit on 13-3-2009 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Hang on ... can this be confirmed anywhere else besides Rense? If Obama has released an official list then it should be available many places. So far I'm coming up empty on a search.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I have to admit, I had no idea what a Barrel Shroud is and why it needed to be regulated. Good point.

for those that, like me, had no idea what a barrel shroud is...

A barrel shroud is a ventilated covering attached to the barrel of a firearm, that partially or completely encircles the barrel, preventing burns from contact with a barrel hot from firing.[1] Slides, extensions of the stock that do not fully encircle the barrel, and the receiver (or frame) of a firearm itself are generally not considered barrel shrouds. Barrel shrouds are commonly featured on machine guns, where sustained rapid or automatic fire leave the barrel extremely hot and dangerous to the operator. Barrel shrouds have little or no effect on the ballistic performance of the firearm on to which they are installed.

Source: 1

Why does that need to be regulated?

Some gun laws are just stupid. Some save lives. This law in and of itself needs to be taken apart piece by piece. Certainly there is a need to protect the rights of Americans to bear arms. But what of those weapons are really necessary to be able to obtain to protect ones self?

I mean do you really need a full auto assault rifle for hunting? Exactly how dangerous is the average deer? I mean why isn't the gun lobby upset that American citizens are forbidden to own a fully operational and armed thermonuclear missile? After all it is an arm. I can certainly protect myself from an armed assailant with a nuke better than say a machine gun.

What about rocket propelled grenades? Obviously an RPG would be an effective tool in use for hunting. Why isn't the gun lobby upset about those? They are after all arms, and as such should be included under the 2nd amendment right of Americans to keep and bear arms.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
I mean do you really need a full auto assault rifle for hunting? Exactly how dangerous is the average deer? I mean why isn't the gun lobby upset that American citizens are forbidden to own a fully operational and armed thermonuclear missile? After all it is an arm. I can certainly protect myself from an armed assailant with a nuke better than say a machine gun.

What about rocket propelled grenades? Obviously an RPG would be an effective tool in use for hunting. Why isn't the gun lobby upset about those? They are after all arms, and as such should be included under the 2nd amendment right of Americans to keep and bear arms.

I'm glad you learned what a barrel shroud is but you have much more to learn.

Full auto arms have been heavily regulated since the 30's and their importation and sale to civilians was banned for all arms manufactured past 1980 something making the automatic weapons that are available extremely rare and costing about as much as a used Honda.

Even if they were readilly available hunting regulations wouldnt permit their use and 99.99% of hunters agree that wasting ammunition and destroying the prize are not the best ways to enjoy a hunt.

Things like nukes, RPGs and other suck nonsense are regulated under explosive ordinance provisions though some would argue if you can afford them they why the hell not have them? Having a thing doesnt make a person any more of less a threat. If my neighbor owned an RPG my only concern would be that die to cost he wouldnt take me out to a field to fire it because hot damn would I love to fire it.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I think you missed the point of sarcasm in my above comment. What I was getting at is that the gun lobby gets upset every time that a new gun control measure comes out yet they don't encompass the larger issue which is arms regulation.

Wouldn't you agree that a thermonuclear hand grenade would be considered arms?

I just don't understand why the gun lobby freaks out over every piece of legislation that comes down the pike. But alternatively other weapons they virtually ignore the obvious infringement on our right to keep and bear arms.

Remember the constitution does not state it is our right to keep and bear guns. it states arms. A broader term encompassing all manner of weaponry. Not just slug throwers.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Oh okay I get you.

Some of the gun groups do focus on a solid "shall not be infringed" approach like the GOA and the guys over at Frontsight but the majority concede to fight the everyday battles that trickle down the pipe like these "assault weapons" bills and like garbage. These smaller battles are likely perceived as easier to win and more immediate threats to the everyday gun owner as well as being easier for the gun-ignorant public to understand.

Granted, one gigantic win for "all arms" would settle the matter once and for all (well, maybe a year or two) but the risk of focusing on winning the war in such a way is that all of these little bills that erode the right gradually would have an easier time passing. By the time a decision came up for the big win society would already have years of living disarmed under these smaller bills and anyone wishing for the 2nd to return would be seen as a fringe nut sort of like the situation in the UK and for them its only been a few years of disarmament yet so many already believe they've lived this way for eons.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
This is an attempt to ban all guns, this bill would make every weapon I own illegal. An sporter type assault weapeon(AK,MAK90, AR-15,etc) has been altered to not allow bayonets or other military only defined accesories such as grenade launchers to be attached to the rifle an has been proven without machining and gunsmith work you can not make these weapons fully automatic. The average American does not care about full automatic anyway.

Therefore there is no excuse on a sporter type weapon to be banned, I also noted that almost every semi-auto pistol made will be illegal due to the fact that almost all have the ability to accept an detachable magazine; as well my Mossberg 385t as well as a few other shotguns will be illegal due to the fact that they accept detachable magazines of more than five rounds(the mags are costly but can be gotten).
www.rense.com...

I also see that most excuses to push this through are Law Enforcement issues, unfortunately they won't help Law Enforcement in any way, They should concentrate on enforceing the laws already on the books(which are overkill anyway IMO)instead.

They are going to have to have a warrant, and forcibly come into my home to confiscate my weapons, I will not voluntarily bow down to this attempt of reducing me or my family to a submissive sheeple.

new topics

top topics

join