It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDIC Seeks $500 Billion Loan-Minyanville

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
The FDIC is at the core of the corporate take-over in my opinion. They recently upped the deposit insurance to $250,000, making people think they are financially strong.

A bill before Congress would allow the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. to borrow up to $500 billion from the US Treasury.

The measure, supported by Democratic Senator Christopher Dodd, of Connecticut, and chairman of the Senate Banking Committee, would help the FDIC rebuild the fund that insures individual bank deposits.

The bill would permit the FDIC to borrow as much as $500 billion until the end of 2010 if the FDIC, Federal Reserve, Treasury secretary and President Barack Obama agree the money is needed. The bill would permit the FDIC to borrow as much as $100 billion without such approval.

www.minyanville.com...

Once again, the taxpayers are bailing out the banks, this time through a back door and without public approval, or knowledge even.

The effort by Dodd, D-Conn., comes in response to pressure from FDIC Chairman Sheila Bair, Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke and Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner, the Journal reported. The move would give the FDIC access to more money to rebuild its fund that insures consumers' deposits, which have been hard hit by a string of bank failures, the paper said.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Once again, we see big banking interests putting pressure on congress.
Now who's in charge? Greed is in charge.

Q On the Dodd bill that would allow the FDIC to borrow $500 billion from the Treasury, that would require White House support. Would you support that if it passed?

MR. GIBBS: I would have to -- to be honest with you, I have not looked at that. Let me get a little bit more information; I'll have somebody pull that for the ride back. I don't -- I'm not as familiar with that one, so let me --

www.whitehouse.gov...

Umm, uhh, duh.

Any question to the competence of our government?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Sheila Bair was on 60 minutes last weekend.

Video about FDIC bank takeover

[edit on 12-3-2009 by doctordoom]

new topics

join