It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Police State Tech: Wireless Tasers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

New Police State Tech: Wireless Tasers

www.infowars.com

Taser stun guns are going wireless, doubling their range. The Taser XREP is an electrically charged dart that can be fired from up to 20 metres away with a 12-gauge shotgun. Upon impact, its barbed electrodes penetrate a victim’s skin, discharging a 20-second burst of electricity to “distract, disorient and entice the subject to grab the projectile”, says Taser.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.taser.com
www.defensereview.com
www.newscientist.com
www.amnesty.org

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
12 Ga. Taser Rounds
Taser Bullets. XREP. 100ft+ Range & Same Effects
Taser goes wireless
Wireless Tasers extend the long arm of the law

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
This isn't really news to me...per se. I knew about plans for the XREP at least five and a half years in advance prior to its release. I also know that just one single XREP shell costs at least $100 or so a piece. Give or take. And this is without the shotgun that has to be specially made to fire the shell.

Below are two videos in relation to the XREP.

XREP Teaser video: www.taser.com...

XREP Promotional video: www.taser.com...

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Wired or wireless, they are useless against wearing a jacket or shirt filled with layered aluminum foil where the probes will be shorted out to each other and make the taser completely useless.

Not a new defensive concept either, and it does work.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Woops I thought I had a tazer shell in there.

line 2.5

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
That's why you have to try and go for the legs. Maybe nail the target with a few non-lethal slugs beforehand to phase them a bit so it will be easier. Or use smoke to blind them.

But if they were that well protected? I would just go straight to using live rounds. Two hits to the center-mass and one to the cranium from my 45 auto.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
ummm 20 seconds is ALOTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

won't that only increase the number of taser deaths that we already had with the wired ones????????????

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
ummm 20 seconds is ALOTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

won't that only increase the number of taser deaths that we already had with the wired ones????????????

Not necessarily. Per se. If it is misused like any other piece of weaponry/equipment that law enforcement personnel carry? (mace, non-lethal slugs, pepper balls, tasers, live rounds) Then...PROBABLY.

Now if the targeted assailant is somebody with hypertension (high blood pressure) or if they have a pace-maker. Then there is a significantly high chance that said targeted assailant will suffer severe injury and/or death.

Again, right out of bed, it all comes back down to its appropriate usage. That includes proper training in it's use AS WELL AS training in procedural use of force.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
these days don't almost 40% of the population have high blood pressure?

what about ashtma?
and other respiratory problems?

what if someone had some ibuprofen before the taze? or other forms of medication?

what if it's war vet with a piece of metal in his body?

what if the person is like me and has sleep paralysis?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
these days don't almost 40% of the population have high blood pressure?

what about ashtma?
and other respiratory problems?

what if someone had some ibuprofen before the taze? or other forms of medication?

No.

No.

No.

Highly unlikely.

LOL! No.

Now despite whether or not you were any or all of the above? Let me ask YOU the following...

Why are you breaking the law in the first place?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marked One Let me ask YOU the following...

Because not all laws should even be in existence.

You don't honestly believe that breaking any law at all means the person deserves to be tazed for 20 seconds straight with the possibility of death, do you? Hopefully you don't.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

This is one I can answer with complete confidence..

1. I am
2. I have
3. and Been Tasered several times...

4. "Still alive too"

I'm batting a thousand.. Did that too...

Do you think you're going to get Tasered in your sleep?

Semper

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ionized

Originally posted by Marked One Let me ask YOU the following...

Because not all laws should even be in existence.

You don't honestly believe that breaking any law at all means the person deserves to be tazed for 20 seconds straight with the possibility of death, do you? Hopefully you don't.

Not all laws should even be in existence? I agree with you on that wholeheartedly.

And no I don't honestly believe that committing any crime at all means the person deserves to be nailed with a taser.

When I think crimes. I'm thinking very heinous ones. Like murder, rape, stealing (items worth a couple grand or so such as a big spool of cable at a construction site or a fork lift tied to a flat-bed).

It's common sense.

top topics

join