It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Untold Information On Internet Search Engines

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by defiler
So you hide your ip, but what about the mac address on the modem or the network
card. When you buy a pc they have your mac address. I think. So they can
track you.
I was thinking the most anonymous way is to buy laptop without any documents
then go near some supermarket or some other building that has free wi fi.
Then connect and hide your ip, mac address. And dont stay more than 20-30 min.

[edit on 14-3-2009 by defiler]

Nope, the mac address of your computer only makes it to the next stop (your router, your isp router or whatever) where it gets replaced by the mac of that machine, and so on.

I cant believe people are getting all excited about pdf search...
Google searches in these formats:

* Adobe Portable Document Format (pdf)
* Adobe PostScript (ps)
* Lotus 1-2-3 (wk1, wk2, wk3, wk4, wk5, wki, wks, wku)
* Lotus WordPro (lwp)
* MacWrite (mw)
* Microsoft Excel (xls)
* Microsoft PowerPoint (ppt)
* Microsoft Word (doc)
* Microsoft Works (wks, wps, wdb)
* Microsoft Write (wri)
* Rich Text Format (rtf)
* Shockwave Flash (swf)
* Text (ans, txt)

Knock yourselfs out... 29 flags for this thread is quite amusing.

I can contribute with this just to make it more interesting.

[edit on 14-3-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
Yes, and when your IP appears to be downloading from multiple government servers and reading their documents they may want to find out why and who you are.

Not if you chain-proxies and an IP-hider. The best way if you find a VERY important document:

Go to somewhere like Starbucks or Mcdonalds and use their free wi-fi. When connected use chain proxies or IP-hiders

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I am stunned by the vast amount that I don't know

I am still very new to searching and have a terrible time finding things. I do have a question for anyone that is willing to help. I did a basic search on a nysdoc website for a friend of a friend and found some really private information on the inmate including comments on him and his family. Try as I may, I have not been able to figure out how I got that stuff and really want to see if I can find some info on a few people that I know that are incarcerated. any ideas????

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Check out this old thread of mine OP...
Fun With .Gov
I think they caught on to it pretty quick with the .gov sites but I did the same thing with Masonic Lodges once and was downloading everything from Templar Rituals for the Militant Lodge of Israel to guides on how to recognise curly hair folicles and ciphers for local papers around the country.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
WOWZERS , crazy information. infact im gonna serach more now. good find.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
YOU ARE WRONG!!!!! It is ILLEGAL to have classified material in your possession if you do not possess the required clearance AND a need to know. DO NOT MAKE STATEMENTS THAT COULD CAUSE OTHERS TO BE ARRESTED!!!!!!!!

And the odds of finding an actual "top secret" document on a government server are astronomicaly against you unless you consciously hack into a restricted(oassword protected)area. In such cases you SHOULD be ARRESTED!

Most people do not need to hack servers to get information because people from inside LEAK the information themselves to conspiracy sites otherwise we would not have anything to talk about, would we? There is no reason to scare people from trying creative searches on PUBLIC DOMAINS! Anything that is on the internet IS PUBLIC regardless if it is classified or not.

And please don't shout so loud or use excessive punctuation because its OFFENSIVE not only to the person your replying to but to everyone else reading your post.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I am fortunate that I share a name with a very successfull person who I am not related to. So, if someone types my name into Google they get a few thousand pages of stuff about the famous guy. My info is buried in the avalanche of info and is probably made even more secure by it.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by lunarminer
I am fortunate that I share a name with a very successfull person who I am not related to. So, if someone types my name into Google they get a few thousand pages of stuff about the famous guy. My info is buried in the avalanche of info and is probably made even more secure by it.

That is a great Idea, even if your name was common, your screen name could be made in a way to be very common. I'm sure if somebody is searching for you online, they would find out your screen name and do a search . So if your screen name was say, a popular song , when they search for you they might have to sift through thousands if not millions of search results.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
If you are following any bills in Congress this is a VERY useful site.

“Wikileaks has released nearly a billion dollars worth of quasi-secret reports commissioned by the United States Congress. “

Wiki leaks

Congressional Research Service Reports click

I have looked at some of these reports and found them very interesting. It lets you know what type of info the lobbyists are feeding your Congress critter.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
Yes, and when your IP appears to be downloading from multiple government servers and reading their documents they may want to find out why and who you are.

Maybe.
But it wouldn't necessarily solve their security problems and after information is publicly available like this, if they go after one or two people they have to go after everyone that looked at it (and they can have no way of knowing who those people are).

If information is inadvertantly leaked publicly on the internet, that information is out.. There is no way of putting the lid on the jar again. Once the information is disseminated it doesn't matter who they figure out has it and who doesn't. They wouldn't have any way of knowing that or figuring that out anyway. They might be able to monitor internet traffic to the said publicly-available site. And they cannot necessarily track information written on thumb drives, CD's, etc. They have no way of knowing how many people have it because it must be assumed that if it is publicly available that it is already too well-disseminated to keep secret anymore anyway.

I don't think they would come after the person looking at public documents. Because it is not just going to be one person anyway. And publicly available documents are not necessarily illegal for people to look at.

I think they would come after the person responsible for making that information public in the first place. Did they do it purposefully? Was it an honest accident? They would inevitably investigate (even if only internally) to discover where the breach occurred so they could take measures to limit the possibility of a repeat event occurring in the future.

-ChriS

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Long time lurker here, first post

209.85.229.132...:jE4s_-i2uJwJ:ivan.harhan.org/documents/immortality-briefing.pdf+nasa+%22top+secret%22+filetype:pdf&cd=7&hl=en&ct= clnk

Im paranoid now....

What if its genuine?

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I tried to not go there but I just had to! lol

I used "unidentified flying sensitive filetype:pdf" and got a common list of things with a few interesting ones.

here's a link to a FOIA request that has a bit of info in it. I didn't read much but some of you may have some time on your hands

www.fas.org...

Nice find!

[edit on 15-3-2009 by notreallyalive]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Ok I'm an idiot LOL
but I did have a good idea! (except I don't speak French so it didn't work! hence the idiot comment)

I thought "ok, the French Government allows dissemination of UFO info," so I used Google Translate to get search:

objet volant non identifié nsa format: pdf .fr ovni

Seems like a great idea but I don't speak French so I can't tell what came up! gah

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

Thanks for the ideas, new search clues are always welcomed to newbies

Also, thank you to the poster that posted the Scroogle link, I like that. While checking it out I found another site listing very good file search tips.

www.governmentsecurity.org...

Sorry if that's not how a link is supposed to be put up, still learning

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
People you dont have to worry that much viewing unclassified documents.
If you arent intended to see them you wont.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Bump,

to see if anyone has more search strings that would be "interesting".
And to remind people of the articles out there.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
you all know how much people like to blog? They will put up anything to get people to their sites.

Use this same method with blogsearch.google.com

Example HERE< br />
[edit on 30-8-2009 by TrainDispatcher]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
what holly he je oh my.alright who turned the kids loose on the candy store. you know where we're all going to end up? in one of Mr. creedys black bags. oh what the hey, is there any licorice left.

can't wait to see where this goes. i 'm going for black ops who's w/ me?

[edit on 30-8-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
double post how the hell did that happen. will edit soon

[edit on 30-8-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Found This

homelandsecurity.nv.gov...

2009-07-31_Bi-Weekly_PrivateSectorSummary.pdf
2009-08-14_Bi-Weekly_PrivateSectorSummary.pdf

this is from the 8-14.pdf