It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A simple suggestion for all....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I havent been here very long, but it doesnt take a genius to "see" things in a pattern
A lot of negativity, and outright ignorance all over the place.
if you come to this site with feelings of anger, rudeness, or to kick a few people, or just for anything detrimental, please leave.
Or dont post.
There are alot of us who are interested in what WE are talking about, no matter how small, stupid, or however wrong you see it.
If you dont like what you see, GO ELSEWHERE.
Please.
By negatvely poosting to ask if we dont have anything better to do, or "your crazy", or whatever CRAP you have to say to us, you are making our time get wasted.
Mods, and friends, and people i havent met, im sorry if i put this in the wrong place.
I had to say it.
I feel a little better.
Please leave the ones who are interested alone.
Go to myspace or facebook to pick on people.
Not here please!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I was a lurker on ATS for along time and joined last year. From what I have seen it's not that bad. Compared to other sites ATS is awesome.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
As long as a post or reply is within the T&C's of the board it is usually left standing. Sometimes it gets edited, sometimes deleted if it falls outside them.

Mods are only human and we can't be every where so if a member finds something objectionable they should alert on it. A mod will be right along to check it out.

We want every member to have a good time on ATS, but it also helps if you have some thick skin. You will seldom hear exactly what you were hoping to hear on this site.

Love and light,

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Nothing extremely outside the t&c, or anyone being mean. just really fed up with people with nothing better to do asking us if we have nothing better to do.
Ironic, isnt it?
And i agree with you 110% tentickles, this place is great, and mods do an awesome job taking care of any issues that come up.
Sorry i stuck this in the wrong place, but it was fresh and i was kinda hot to get it out.
But after it was moved, i also thought i just wasted all my time because all the ignorant trolls that come here to bait, and argue, and generally ruin our time trying to learn ARENT GOING TO THIS THREAD!
Kinda stinks.
But maybe ill learn to either ignore them, or live with it.
I think i spent 25% of my time today defending threads, members, and ats ingeneral, in between posing replies.
Nothing over the line of the t$c stuff, they know where the line is. Again, imsorry for sticking this in the wrong "box", but maybe we can find a way to just get that general message out to every area?
And im really not trying to tell you how to do your job.
Just really want some people know how i feel, and alot of some other members, im sure also feel the same way.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
After being around here for 5 years now. (as of yesterday actually).
and noticing that the stuff I posted 5 years ago is still available to the world to see.

I've developed the habit of making sure that I REALLY REALLY want what I say to be a permanent fixture on this planet. Some of my opinions have changed over time. Not to mention the way I express myself.
It's never a bad thing to self-moderate. just before you click the "post reply" button.

A mean spirited thought is fleeting.
A mean spirited post is forever.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
In retrospect, it wasnt mean spirited at all.
It was more of a "stop wasting our time" and a "stop degrading us" type of a thread.
Like i said, i spent alot of time defending our thoughts and discussions from a few people that didnt share our opinions, or thoughts.
Some people have different feelings about different things.
Ive always respected that, and i dont infringe upon anyone elses "emergency", it may not be important to me, but it is to them.
Having a talk with 5-8 members and having to weed thru a few ignorant peeps telling us our emergency dont rate, or are you all stay at home moms, kinda got me jacked.
Its the equivalent of pickin up a phone extension and telling the other people their phone sucks.
And instead of giving mean spirited replies, i think i did a good job of getting rid of them without losing my head. Or points for that matter.
Its a shame these trolls wanna come and bait, its almost as if they have a contest between each other to get threads derailed, or to see if they can get someone so jacked they get violations, or worse.
Like i said, i really love this site.
And im most definetly not saying that the mods dont do their jobs, you cant be everywhere, and for the number of mods to members im so impressed at how well you guys and girls do.
It really almost lit an internal fire it got to me that bad.
I think that may be why i just hit the "start new thread" button without finding the right place to put it, sorry again.
And to me, it seemed like there was alot more bickering today than most.
Maybe just me? who knows.
The worst part is, it seems they know right where the line is, and they float directly on it.
Ive never been a rat, ever.
Maybe this is the point in my life where that changes, in the effort to make this site more enjoyable to those of us who are really here to learn, discuss, and enjoy.
Im sorry if you feel im wasting your time.
I promise i will keep my cool here.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Ive only been kicked once. Some pissed off dude, on an Obama site. Mutual feeling about your post. I havent met the rude people yet, that you spoke about. I hope I dont. Your right go bash on some other site.

top topics

join