It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guarding the U.S.-Mexico border From Your Computer!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Guarding the U.S.-Mexico border From Your Computer!

When her baby girl takes an afternoon nap, or on those nights when she just can't sleep, Sarah Andrews, 32, tosses off her identity as a suburban stay-at-home mom and becomes something more exotic: a "virtual deputy" patrolling the U.S.-Mexico border.

From her house in a suburb of Rochester, New York, Andrews spends at least four hours a day watching a site called BlueServo.net.

There, because of a $2 million grant from the state of Texas, anyone in the world can watch grainy live video scenes of cactuses, desert mountains and the Rio Grande along Texas' portion of the international border.

(Worldview)

Related News Links:
austin.decider.com

[edit on 12-3-2009 by tsrk30]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Technology is amazing and it allows us to do things previous generations could not even dream about. People spend all day wasting time on the computer; imagine instead people spending that time trying to stop people from entering their country illegally!

All the deatils about this amazing story is posted at the Worldview blog!

(Worldview)

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Whoa that's pretty awesome! I'm going to sign up and watch some desert!

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I know! when I read the story I thought it was really cool!

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I have joined!!! Brillant!!

Maybe this will cure my addiction to wwx.watchpaintdry.com!!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Cool! Share how it works and what you are watching!

How long did it take to sign up and what does the video look like?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
There is a site based out of Arizona that has been doing this for the last 10 years already.

Texas lagged behind the effort because of ol Bushy Jr. He wanted to let as many come across that boarder so as to increase his chances of being elected president.

Texas now is a mini version of Mexico, so now that there is enough cramming up the state's social program systems, they dont need to be so open to the south anymore and will now let people take action like they wanted to 10 years ago.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
What is the link for the Arizona site?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I see something moving in the water on camera 47 but how do I know if it's just a fish or a floating log or something? Don't they go underwater and use straws or something to breath? Anyone want to take a look?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
This blog just posted an article about this as well. Drop by and say you are from ATS. He may have enver heard of this great place!

Here is the link
WillisU

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

Did you figure out what is was?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by tsrk30

I'm thinking it has to be a log or a rock or something. It's been in the same general area for about 15 min now. I see it popping up and down and slightly moving, but I can't tell how big the distance is from one side of the water to the other. I can't imagine someone staying in the same area for any length of time.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
So cool that you are sitting at your computer watching the Texas-Mexico border!

How is the video quality?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
It's dark there and the quality on the camera is not good at all. Maybe daytime watching would be better, but I bet there are more crossings at night than day. As a matter of fact, the camera I'm watching just went way out of focus for a few seconds and then came back into focus.

Hey, I see a spot light aiming at the water now. Hmmm...something must be up.

[edit on 12-3-2009 by virraszto]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Ooooo, I like this site, now if they could get more camera's up. I got to flag this one.

Citizens on Patrol!!!!.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Is it really worth the time. Most reports I have read have defined the program as a bust and say the program will be scaled back.

Perry awarded the Border Sheriffs Coalition $2 million in federal grant
Advertisement
money last summer to get the Web camera program going after his own repeated attempts proved fruitless.

In the first six months of the grant period, the coalition spent $625,000 to get the cameras running.

The Web site went public Nov. 19, and in the first month saw nearly 2 million hits.

All those hits didn't translate into much law enforcement work, though, according to a six-month progress report required for the grant.

The report describes both the objectives for the program during the first year of the grant and how much progress was made in achieving those goals.

The coalition's goal was to make 1,200 arrests as a result of tips from the online cameras in the first year of the project.

They made three arrests in the first six months, according to the progress report.

www.elpasotimes.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Does anyone have any informaton about the program in Arizona?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Hey, I saw a dog go across the screen, does that count......

it shows up with a white object.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsrk30
Does anyone have any informaton about the program in Arizona?

Here is one of them. Started in 2005.

Arizona Border Watch

Another watch group report dated 2004.

Terrorist Alley

The Border

Various links to border watchdog groups across the entire southern border states found HERE

All of these have began within the last 10 years. Some in the various linked site above were started more than 10 years ago, but only put up websites begining in 2004.

Cheers!!!!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Thanks for the links

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join