It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Howard Zinn: Obama "Is Going to Need Demonstrations, Protest, Letters & Petitions" to Do Right

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Howard Zinn: Obama "Is Going to Need Demonstrations and Protest and Letters and Petitions" to Do the Right Things

www.alternet.org

LS: Do you see any hopeful parallels between the kind of organizing that you saw decades ago and the organizing that some of the organizing that is going on now?

Howard Zinn: Yes, I do see parallels. We're still at the early stage of it. We haven't reached that level of action and organization and protest that we had in the 1960s, but as I go around the country I do see everywhere, there's a nucleus of a larger movement. There's a promise of a national movement in the fact that in every community I've been in there have been organizations and people who are active and doing things. So I'm hopeful, yes.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-3-2009 by baseball101]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Must read the whole thing! very interesting ... i think he makes a pretty good point ... and the sad thing is that he actually endorsed obama:

LS: You endorsed him, right?

Howard Zinn: Endorsed Obama? (Laughs.) Yes -- I endorsed Obama, I wanted him to win.

What are your thoughts?

www.alternet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join