It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SitX .....Many here can Talk a tough fight....but what about reality?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
about 2 months ago I did have to pull the trigger. But I wont go into that story. It still scares my family and my parents live next door and they still stay up at night.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shystargazer
For months now I have read thread upon thread of unrealistic responses to what people would do in a SitX. Most of the advice is good. solid advice made by well informed, trustworthy people. To these people I will be forever grateful for the education they have given me. What I am talking about now is the people that highjack these threads with nonsense equal to ( and pardon my crudeness ) juvenile D***-waving contests! I'm talking about the ones that plan on blowing away anyone coming through their door to take their guns or steal their food or any number of things that threaten them. The ones that think the army will send a whole squad of men after them with bullets blazing. The ones that will swear that they will go down in a blaze of glory before anyone makes off with a box of their Mac-N-Cheese. I see too much fantasy and not enough reality in their posts.

It is going to take a cool head to get through any SitX . These Blaze-of-Glory fantasies will get you nothing but dead! Spreading these delusions will get other people killed.

We need to keep it real!

That's my rant and I'm sticking to it! LOL

Let the flaming begin.....................

Could not agree more,Theres a perfect example of the teen rambo mentality being displayed in the threat Entitled Where Do We Go from Here. An ""expert"" assures us no matter whatever the Sit X , Collpase or disaster is the answer will be nuclear war and no one will survive. Oh and an individual can trigger a complete collapse of society. Its clear that physics, history and georgraphy of not taught in the school he went to.

I thought we were here to debate and learn about survivalism, preparedness, its triggers and causes and the best steps to insulate ourselves from its effects. But it appears we are getting ther trolls coming ovder from other parts of the forum. the Conspiracy nuts are entertaining, the Gun nuts have a few merits, But the Rambo with Rucksack, Rifle , Jeep and trip to the boonies is just often fanicful , BUT not without hope.
But these "" Experts"" who turn up and annouce whatever the SITX is can not be survived, the world will go nuclear on day one, and no one can survive is just straight bull# and really pisses me off.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by realboogyman
about 2 months ago I did have to pull the trigger. But I wont go into that story.

I'd like to ask, would you be prepared to share what happened?

Not for any entertainment factor, but as a precaution of what to expect in terms of the personal during/after the event as a firearm owner having already faced what others may only anticipate but have never experienced

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Shystargazer

I have noticed in my life and during 3 years in the middle east that the guys who always act super confident, don't take stuff seriously, think their cool, etc always panic when a situation becomes an emergency.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The reality of 'sit-x' happening scares me, to be truthful...

I've been a homeless sofa-surfing refugee of sorts with rarely more than a fiver to my name before, and never want to go back having to live that way again, but the experience did teach me that whilst its no kind of life to live, it is surviveable if you are prepared to do what must be done in order to fill your belly and get a roof/bed for the night...I dont want to go into detail, but lets just say I'm far from proud of what I had to do at times just to get a meal.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by citizen smith
The reality of 'sit-x' happening scares me, to be truthful...

Me to

I've seen just how evil people can be in both good times and bad, when the final strings of lawful and civilised behaviour snap theres going to be much unpleasantness, certainly in the US because they appear to be more inclined to shoot each other that to cooperate with each other. Though I suspect our city dwellors in the Uk are as equally violent.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I've posted on these type of threads before stating that if it happened I would get out of town into the country and lay low, only to be told that I should be standing my ground and fighting back! "With what?" True, I do own a fullsize crossbow but that Isn't going to be much use against guns is it.
It's nice to read some sensible comments about SitX instead of the usual,"I'm going out in a hail of glory", nonsense I've read in the past.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
I've posted on these type of threads before stating that if it happened I would get out of town into the country and lay low, only to be told that I should be standing my ground and fighting back! "With what?" True, I do own a fullsize crossbow but that Isn't going to be much use against guns is it.
It's nice to read some sensible comments about SitX instead of the usual,"I'm going out in a hail of glory", nonsense I've read in the past.

Where you live the local scallies are better armed thabn the british army

I was just saying to the wife this chap form Liverpool seems switched on until I saw which team you support, never mind lifes often so unfair

[edit on 13-3-2009 by Northern Raider]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Seriously you have to react to every incident in its own way, for example if there was a collapse of society in your city in time you would probably need to relocate, But when? as the disaster unfurls? after the power fails? after the food runs out? or if you are well prepared and undetected by the sheeple, stay until they die off?. A lot of the rifle, rucksack and jeep posters have not thought for more than a second about bugging out with mum, dad, the wife and kids in tow. They rarely think it could be raining or snowing or both. your X bow is ideal as a very quiet defensive weapon if you are completely familiar with the ground you hold, and you can conceal yourself, But against armed gangs or coppers in choppers its just useless. I honestly belief you neecd to plan to survive at your home or retreat but be capable and equipped to bug out if neccessary.
Respects
NR

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Northern Raider

I was just saying to the wife this chap form Liverpool seems switched on until I saw which team you support, never mind lifes often so unfair

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're not wrong there my friend. Guns in this city are far to easy to get hold of. As for my beloved Liverpool. . . Every morning I rise and thank god I was born in this city. If you're in the UK where else would you want to live? Surely not that London!
Liverpool for the double. Well I can dream can't I. . ?

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're not wrong there my friend. Guns in this city are far to easy to get hold of. As for my beloved Liverpool. . . Every morning I rise and thank god I was born in this city. If you're in the UK where else would you want to live? Surely not that London!

Oh well at least your not another Scouser who thinks he is a northerner, so you cant be all bad. Its really not so bad up here in Co Durham we have the Geordies, Mackems and Smoggies trapped in the coastal areas that leaves most of the north east for survivalists and the army to play.
Liverpool for the Double ? Whats that ? Two players getting their houses burgled at the same time ?

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Sit X happens, society collapses, and you decide to pull out guns in a blaze of glory. I can guarantee that there will be someone with more, and bigger guns than you have.

Your best bet is to lay low. Playing Rambo will only make you a target. The second you pull out a gun, you have already lost.

Noting wrong with owning guns. Pretending that Sit X will be like a fun adventure movie is simply stupid.

Hopefully, all the Rambo types will get their guns out early and kill each other off in short order. Then I can pick over their remains, take what is useful, and use their ignorant asses as fertilizer.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Okay my two cents and this is coming from a Retired U.S. Marine.
In a SHTF you will run into those with that, I can take anything I want and no one will ever shoot back...

Sure they can and do push around a lot of folks, looks what's happening down in Mexico... just thugs but they are dangerous thugs to be sure.

Here the diff, a thug will wave that gun around making threats. A Marine will perform a perfectly executed triple tap and acquire the next target.

Statics say 99% of the time you will already be under-fire when you realize your in a gun fight. That's why the Corps trains our people on the quick kill range. Cause you don't always get the first shot!

Am I ready? Well I am getting to old to mount search and destroy mission in my living room but that doesn't mean I'll shy away from it either..

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Northern Raider

Oh well at least your not another Scouser who thinks he is a northerner, so you cant be all bad. Its really not so bad up here in Co Durham we have the Geordies, Mackems and Smoggies trapped in the coastal areas that leaves most of the north east for survivalists and the army to play.
Liverpool for the Double ? Whats that ? Two players getting their houses burgled at the same time ?

Most Scousers are just Paddy's that have learnt to swim!

Me, fight? I truly hope that I never have to. I would much rather be the live coward than the dead hero. I would though draw the line at overt slavery and imprisonment. That's why I have started to listen, learn, and act.

Perhaps I should acquire valium for the BOB, just in case I lose that cool that I don't have currently..?

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Most Scousers are just Paddy's that have learnt to swim!

Hardy har

We used to say Scousers were Paddys who could not lay tarmac, but could take the wheels off your cars at the traffic lights

The local cops say they are just gypos who can not navigate.
I like them even though they are crap at soccer.
NR

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by citizen smith

Originally posted by realboogyman
about 2 months ago I did have to pull the trigger. But I wont go into that story.

I'd like to ask, would you be prepared to share what happened?

Not for any entertainment factor, but as a precaution of what to expect in terms of the personal during/after the event as a firearm owner having already faced what others may only anticipate but have never experienced

2 months ago all I owned was a shotgun. And all I had was birdshot. I have 2 kids and a wife, my parents live next door.
But it was close to 3AM, and i kept hearing a fourwheeler go up and down the road. It stopped in front of the house and walked towards my front door. I live in the country so anyone out in my yard at that time is posing a risk.
He snuck towards my truck looked in the back, so I grabbed my shotgun and walked to the door, looked out, and he was walking towards my porch. I turned on the porch light and he stopped and pulled a pistol out of his jacket and was holding against his leg like he was trying to hide it. At that point my mind was racing, my heart was pounding, I started shaking. He was posing a real threat. I live outside city limits so calling the cops would have been like a 15 minute wait. So I opened the door and had the gun pointed at him, he made a quick step towards me. So i sprayed him with birdshot at about 20 yards away. He ran off into the woods, so I called the cops and said we might need paramedics. He ran around the side of the house and jumped on the 4 wheeler and left. The cops just took a over the phone statement and said if the person showed up at the hospital they would have to investigate. About 30 minutes later the cops stopped by. I didn't sign anything they were just checking on the situation. They took a description and searched the roads all night. They took pictures of the tire marks he left in the yard.
About 2 hours later i went back to bed
But I could not sleep.
My ears were ringing and my heart was still pounding. I was sweating. And it still gets like that when I have to get up at night. I feel a little bit of pride for protecting my wife and kids. I feel shameful for being so wreckless. There were so many things that could have went wrong.
My mom and dad are still really shakened. My wife is scared of the dark and every noise she hears. I have lived this over in my sleep about 3 times now but I did'y get the first shot off. I wake up feeling sick and shaking.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by realboogyman

You did good. Don't second guess yourself, you were the last line between him and your family. Would of, could of, should of, do not mater at this point only results, you got the needed results.

A long time ago I interviewed for a job on a small town police department. One of the questions that I was asked was "could you shoot some one to protect yourself or the public" I told them yes, the first time, but I did not know if there were to be a second time, they offered me the job.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Agreed re: the Rambo types.
Been in some crap and as was previously stated, the loudmouths have been the first to fold up.
I go about my business quietly and efficiently, thank you Uncle Sam for that, at least. They taught me well.
Most people have no idea what their reaction will be until they see a head come off, and peeing your pants I've seen before, a quite normal response.
Hell, most everyone I know hasn't even seen a body unless the undertakers have gussied it up some.
Some rude awakenings to come, I'm sure.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by waterdoctor
[ reply to post by Ahabstar

Ahabstar I have come up with numbers very close to yours. I figure where I live if my wife and I did everything right about a 50% chance of making it 5 years and about zero for 10 years. If you look at the number of people North America supported in the way back time I figure 90% will be gone in 3 to 7 years.
]

It's pretty sad, most people won't be prepared for 2 consecutive winters, which may occur in certain areas, I've heard, after a pole shift.

It will depend on if they want to bother living after all, having lost their imaginary wealth, if they have any desire to live in a world where you have to be self sufficient or work to help the community in the Aftertime with supplies you will never have again for a perhaps an very lengthy time.

The deaths should level off after 3-4 years, but I suppose the greatest bulk of the deaths will happen during the disasters and a few months after that.

Unless the government or groups comes forth with post SITX plans now and give people a choice, Interested parties have no chance of surviving the important post-SITX months or years.

Shame, shame on the government. They've had a good time riding us.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Cooler heads DO prevail!! Thank you everyone!

Another question I have is this....

What do you think the next SitX will be?

I am going to vote on the Bird Flu pandemic.

How do you prepare for that? How long do you think it will last once it starts?
Do you take the Flu shot after all of the bad press that has been posted about it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join