It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which ancient empire is the most interesting to you?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
id say i like the huns the best because they were very agressive and warlike people

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Really, no one else finds Japanese history entertaining?

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Narnia

Originally posted by SpookyVince

The Incas have something I like, even though I can't say exactly what...

Ok, I hate omisions, tell do tell.
What is it they have that you are unable to say?

I can't say!

Seriously, I don't know exactly, but they're still very mysterious, more than some way older people. Lots of uncertainties with them, and well, I like them. That's it.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Next door guy
The question is simple.I still cant find the answer to that in my head.I think every single one is uniqe.

The Ancient Egyptians all the way baby

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 06:05 AM
link   
The Japanese were also interesting. Bu the fact that they stayed on their own island, waging their legendary wars against themselves, and being totally isolationist, doesn't really give them that 'appeal'.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The Japanese I know little about, but I am sure I'd be interested if I knew.

I also am intrigued by the Mayans. In the design of thier structures, they carved out shapes that become snake shadows on the ground that can only be viewed 2 times a year. June 23rd and Dec 23rd, during sunset and only for a few minutes. That civilization had to have been advanced to know how to do that.

[Edited on 26-4-2004 by Narnia]

[Edited on 26-4-2004 by Narnia]

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
i love my celtic history because im scotish but i love the history the valiant stands
japanse history is interesting also thier forms of warfare and comabt are most elegant thats what i love about japan everything is elegant
also i love the egyptions for thier engineering and the greeks for thier science but the romans rock at civilisation

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
i think the romans are better because they conquered gaul and made celtics their slaves.hahahahahalol.............but slavery is bad..........but that was life then

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I like the Romans most, simply because I can read Latin. Now I've been to Rome, I have even more respect for them. Once you've seen buildings like the Pantheon, the Basilica Aemilia or the ruins of the Domus Aurea with those amazing fresco's, you just have to respect them. If you like Roman culture, you automatically also have a lot of Greek culture, so I guess I like Greek culture as well. It is obvious how Vergilius or Tacitus were inspired by Greek authors. The Roman marble copies of Greek statues by for example Lysippus are still amazing today.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Narnia

The Incas have something I like, even though I can't say exactly what...

Ok, I hate omisions, tell do tell.
What is it they have that you are unable to say?

I can't say!

Seriously, I don't know exactly, but they're still very mysterious, more than some way older people. Lots of uncertainties with them, and well, I like them. That's it.

I know. I ust like them. I cant say why just like them thats all

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
i love my celtic history because im scotish but i love the history the valiant stands
japanse history is interesting also thier forms of warfare and comabt are most elegant thats what i love about japan everything is elegant
also i love the egyptions for thier engineering and the greeks for thier science but the romans rock at civilisation

Yeah. Celtic history rocks. Some badass wars, castles etc. Don't know much about it though (apart from my curse!)

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 01:26 AM
link   
the golden horde(aka mongols, led by ghengis khan) because they stormed through and took over it all from the south china sea to eastern europe, the biggest empire in history.

[Edited on 26-4-2004 by namehere]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join