It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F15s scramble after UFO

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Real audio (with fake graphics) recorded in early 2007 of two American F-15 pilots as they pursue a UFO near RAF Lakenheath, England. (See UFODATA.co.uk for more details.)
If you want the raw audio without background music, go HERE!
(The graphics were added, and are not part of the original recording.)
About a month after the incident, an article appeared in the Bury Free Press, where a nearby resident reported seeing four black spheres in the sky. You can see it HERE!

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
This is actually confusing (for me that is)...

Although the comunications sound real, they don't make much sense.

Points favor:

1. The cockpit sounds (the beep, and a possible gun firing) look real, and are consisten with the sounds of the F-15 interface.

2. The actual sound of the communications. Although you can simulate this communication in a simple program like Ventrill or Teamspeak, it looks real.

3. Some of the data they give away is very specific and detailed.

Poins against:

1. The way they communicate doesn't look "professional" AT ALL. I mean, an Air Force pilot saying "dude" on the comm? My brother is a commercial pilot and even them are more "professional"... And yes, I am considering the military/civil reality.

2. The pilot seems to do whateve he wants to do... Not very realistic given the US history relating UFO encounters and the protocol...

[edit on 12/3/09 by Tifozi]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
That is very interesting. Especially how the resident reported the UFO a month after the incident.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
i am not quite sure this is not a representation.
have you used the links?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

the video and the audio tracks are not from the same event.

the audio (if it's real) was edited to this footage.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Yeah... Analyzed the article and heard the original recording.

But there is something bugging me besides the points I mentioned...

If the sighting was in UK, and if the violation of airspace was against the UK airspace, why do we hear american pilots?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

INvaSioN...... if this audio is real (the footage of course we know is stock and not from the event) this is a smoking gun.... Sounds like the beginning of some movie like the next Transformers!

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The background music is way too loud. If this is the actual audio between the pilot and command, text should be posted on the video so we don't have to sit there guessing what they are saying. The cinematography is well done, but the remainder of the video is lacking.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

US and UK are great allies so having pilots in each others country is common.
This is a common practice in othre countries too.

Would you think there are few US F16s in Greece?
Trust me there are enough... so don't worry about that, its common practice.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Actually, it isn't that common, not in their own countries, and not in sensitive internal stuff.

We're not talking about Pearl Harbor and the Eagle Squad..

The US have one of their most important bases here in Portugal, the Lajes Base in Azores, and they never "trade" pilots. The only thing they do is to call our F-16's and other planes to also practice maneuvers.

And even if they traded pilots, you still have a ground control that isn't british. And that isn't deffinitly common.

But I might be wrong..

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

I did not suggest they traded pilots....
i meant that pilots are present along with their planes in various countries...
When this happens involving a bigger group of pilots they may have one in command in the air tower...

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
This is an excellent thread and deservedly starred and flagged I suggest others follow suit. This audio was played on a UFO documentary that followed pilots encounters with Unidentified Flying Objects which appeared to be intelligently controlled. Therefore this is not a hoax, it must have been authenticated before they broadcasted it.

Well done GEORGETHEGREEK for a fantastic thread that allowed us to d/l the audio.

Please post more for us to chew over.

Edit: The audio on YOUTUBE link is terrible
some idiot has put some music over it, doownload the audio from link provided and listen to your hearts content.

[edit on 12-3-2009 by franspeakfree]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
thanx!
I will when i have something. I always do...

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Still, you can clearly read on the article, in the statment that the Ministry of Defense made, that they:

(..) could not justify expenditure of public funds on investigations which go beyond our specific defence remit.

To me, doesn't makes any sense that american pilots would have been involved in such event.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
RAF Lakenheath (IATA: LKZ, ICAO: EGUL) is a Royal Air Force airfield located near Lakenheath in Suffolk, England. Although technically an RAF station, it primarily hosts United States Air Force units and personnel. The host wing is the 48th Fighter Wing (48 FW), also known as the Liberty Wing, assigned to United States Air Forces in Europe (USAFE).
en.wikipedia.org...

Its full of F-15's.
So it could very well be real.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

I actually don't remember hearing this conversation on the "Black Box" documentary... But I'll check it later.

reply to post by CaptainCaveMan

My bad, thanks for the info.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Z.S.P.V.G.
if this audio is real (the footage of course we know is stock and not from the event) this is a smoking gun...

Being I am no expert on Air Force communication protocol or jargon, I have no reason to doubt the audio is genuine. However, if it is a smoking gun, what is it a smoking gun of?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tifozi

Points against:

1. The way they communicate doesn't look "professional" AT ALL. I mean, an Air Force pilot saying "dude" on the comm? My brother is a commercial pilot and even them are more "professional"... And yes, I am considering the military/civil reality.

2. The pilot seems to do whateve he wants to do... Not very realistic given the US history relating UFO encounters and the protocol...

I posted some info about this audio material about a year ago. I'll repeat some of it below.

I perfectly understand (and commend) your skepticism about an audio file of unknown provenance. There are a number of hoaxed audio recordings that have been doing the rounds on the Internet for several years.

In the present instance, however, I think it is rather important to note that queries about the audio recording were raised with the British Ministry of Defence and that the Ministry confirmed the details of the incident with one of the pilots involved.

I don't think anyone in this thread (or the earlier thread in relation to the same incident) has posted a link to a relevant British Ministry of Defence memo dated 22 March 2007.

I think this memo is important to the points made regarding whether the audio recording is credible or not (and your points for considering the recording to be suspect).

The author of the Ministry of Defence memo, a member of the Defence Flying Complaints Investigation Team, spoke with LATCC(Mil) on 7 March 2007 and with the pilot with the call sign (c/s) of GATOR 2 [493rd FS, 48th FW, RAF Lakenheath] on 20 March 2007.

The pilot confirmed that he had seen an object. He reported that the object had been "drifting with the wind" and was "between the size of a grapefruit and a soccer ball".

After 3 passes, the object was dismissed as something that "may have fallen off a weather balloon".

It may help if I give a link to this memo:
Relevant MOD memo

That memo forms the substantive part of the content of the Freedom of Information Act response at:
this page of the MOD website

In relation to the reference in the title of this thread to the "scramble" of jets, and the subsequent discussion in this thread about the "scrambling" of jets to investigate a "UFO", it is also important to note that the memo above states that the relevant pilot "confirmed that he had identified an object on radar and decided to investigate. He was not tasked to do so by any ATC agency".

Kind Regards,

Isaac Koi

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

tHANK YOU FOR THE CONTRIBUTION!

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

Tifozi....they are talking to each other....so 'dude' is appropriate.

I know, very well, about 'professional' communications....between pilots and ATC.....or even between pilots and Company 'ramp control'....

betcha didn't know about THAT from the 'google'!

Yes, take away the eerie music....the taped conversations sound very realistic.

If you are not a pilot, then you likely won't get it.......

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join