It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bank for International Settlements Thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I’d like to start this thread for a few reasons:
1) I’m frankly amazed that upon searching ATS for either Bank for International Settlements or its acronym, BIS, there is very little discussion.
2) I less amazed but still amazed at how the BIS is likewise almost never brought up in public debate, MSM, relevant academia, etc.
3) When looking at the evidence supporting its central role of International Finance and given the current Global financial crisis I find it also important
4) I’m currently writing my Senior paper on the BIS and greatly appreciate anyone who has done any in depth study on the BIS to step forward with their insight.
Especially on conspiratorial stuff since this is ATS.
If you’re no expert feel free to contribute but please try to add to the discussion as best you can. There aren’t really any BIS experts outside of their power grid anyways or anyone outside their grid at all for that matter.

Now I see InNothingWeTrust started a thread a few months ago here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
But other than that a few random posts and some far older threads ATS is totally lacking in BIS discussion and I think there should be some.

I will be adding to this regardless of other’s contributions which I hope there are some.

A General Overview
Here’s their About Us page:
www.bis.org...

“The Bank for International Settlements (or BIS) is an international organization of central banks which "fosters international monetary and financial cooperation and serves as a bank for central banks." [1] The BIS carries out its work through subcommittees, the secretariats it hosts, and through its annual General Meeting of all members. It also provides banking services, but only to central banks, or to international organizations like itself. Based in Basel, Switzerland, the BIS was established by the Hague agreements of 1930. The name of the BIS in German: Bank für Internationalen Zahlungsausgleich (BIZ), in French: Banque des Reglements Internationaux (BRI), in Italian: Banca dei Regolamenti Internazionali (BRI), in Spanish (not an official BIS language): Banco de Pagos Internacionales (BPI). It has representative offices in Hong Kong and Mexico City.” -Taken from disinfopedia just for a concise synopsis

Alright, its age makes it the OLDEST International financial institution still in existence. Don’t you think this alone should be good enough reason to know what it does?
It lasted through a great depression, WWII, and all the other financial crises and wars ever since and in all this time has ALWAYS turned a profit. Repeat- The BIS has never lost money. It uses the profits it earns through InterBank lending to pay it’s operating costs which aren’t detailed until they release their annual reports. The reasons for not disclosing their spreadsheets say, quarterly is because some of the transactions are transparency sensitive. This I will accept. But their budget is modest by uber-ultra-elite standards. The staff is relatively small and the operating costs mostly go towards their salaries and caviar and wine for the Central Banker’s meetings.
Nobody really ever talks about the BIS, just accept it to be there- somewhere- over the rainbow in a way. Do a google news search and it will probably just be accounts of “the BIS says this” and “BIS says That.” But very little exists outside of macro-economic circles about criticism and the like.

The BIS basically has it’s own currency known as the SDR which floats but is usually worth around a US buck. The SDR is based on a basket of the major currencies. It adopted the IMF defined SDR (special Drawing rights) back in 2003 after it dropped the gold franc which it had used since 1930.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
During it’s early years it was far more secretive and blatantly intended to serve the interests of the Tycoons who helped establish it. In many ways the BIS played an integral role in the Harsh reparations or “Settlements” of Germany post-WWI. These helped exacerbate the Great Depression which is important to remember as global. The disenfranchised German people’s discontents about their defeat as well as the control the victors exercised on their economy in turn fueled the Nazi party’s election victory.

The Board of Directors during WWII was composed of Nazis as well as Nazi sympathizers who knowingly were funneling money Germany had expropriated from the countries it took over. If anyone has ever heard of the Swiss banks holding Nazi gold during WWII- the BIS was involved. Also with the Swiss Banks, the Swedes and well as Spanish Banking Elites were also involved.
The role of the BIS to facilitate the flow of capital from, to, and between European Central Banks never once halted through WWII including transactions between the Bank of England, the Nazi Reichsbank, and others.
So when you hear the conspiracy claim “the Elite funded both sides of all Wars” the BIS clearly did during WWII. They also had the Japanese CB then.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Member central banks

Members are the central banks or monetary authorities of:

Algeria, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong SAR, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia (FYR), Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, the Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, the United Kingdom and the United States, plus the European Central Bank.

The legal status of the Yugoslav issue of the capital of the BIS is currently under review.

Okay so given this list I did some calculations comparing the BIS member CBs and those countries HDI stats. I can’t find the .doc but only the excel spreadsheet and as you could probably tell already these are basically the richest countries in the world.
My calculations were that the combined populations of all these Countries added up to a little more than 2/3 of all the money in the world. I think it was about 68%.
So this “Private” bank for all the Central Banks of the wealthiest countries serves as the apex or zenith of most of the world’s financial system.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
All about the “G’s”
Like the quest for money and power as expressed in the lyrics of many rap and hip-hop songs of today, this is in reality an analysis of the Groups who represent the greatest consolidations of these very same things. These “Gs” are commonly cited in media outlets around the globe especially when speaking of macroeconomic policy news. Their names are mentioned in the media most often up to and after their world-famous summits. This makes sense as some of these groups can directly implement economic policy while the other Gs have an indirect (yet nevertheless substantial) impact on policy. I’m talking of course about the Groups that include the Group of 6, the Group of 7, 10, 11, 20, and 30. While much of the average people heavily affected by their policies are familiar with their acronyms and perhaps their general composition, much of the Gs identities remain obscured and scant within public debate. Here the intention is to provide a brief synopsis of the history and present capacities of each of these groups, address their commonalities, and explore the ways in which they are related to the BIS.
G6-
G7- formed in 1976 after Canada joined the ranks of the G6 thus adding one to the former amalgam of top-ranking nations.
G8- The Group of Eight is less relevant to discussion of the BIS as its delegation is composed of the heads of state of the G7 nations plus that of Russia. Again, like the G7, the 8 grew out of the G6 assemblage in response to 1973 oil crisis.
It is an informal group
G10 (+1) Here the BIS becomes to gain more relevance as this is essentially identical to the BIS board of Directors. In fact, these two entities (the BIS BofG and the G10) can actually be used to refer to the same thing.
Also, the G10 exemplifies a stark irony of these groups as their name- based numerically on their founding members inherently denotes an exclusionary nature. In other words, adding an extra member or members renders the name inaccurate. This is not to say these groups are in fact exclusionary in this sense as the contrary incorporation of new members has indeed occurred.

G20 “The Group of Twenty (G-20) Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors was established in 1999 to bring together systemically important industrialized and developing economies to discuss key issues in the global economy.”
G30-
It can be safely argued that in the convoluted process of keeping these “Gs” straight, G30 tends to be the most evasive to the public eye. It receives far less scrutiny and even basic observation yet should not be discounted. The Group of Thirty was “established in 1978, is a private, nonprofit, international body composed of very senior representatives of the private and public sectors and academia (www.group30.org).” You might be familiar with the name “G30” and even what it does but who honestly can provide a concise definition of a “very senior representative?” Generally, its members are indeed individuals of the utmost notoriety in their respective field but who sets the criteria for “very senior”?

It does not implement policy but given the prestige of its “very” senior representatives the impact this group has on policy is large. Unlike the other Gs discussed the G30 works more as an economic think-tank focused mainly on the production of research and knowledge. It is assuredly and statedly private. The G30 biannual meetings are essentially closed-door and the more important annual International Banking Seminar is invitation only. It sells its publications for a nominal fee.

Here Are The G30 Members:

Paul A. Volcker
Chairman of the Board of Trustees
Jacob A. Frenkel
Chairman
Geoffrey L. Bell
Executive Secretary
Montek S. Ahluwalia
Abdulatif Al-Hamad
Leszek Balcerowicz
Jaime Caruana
Domingo Cavallo
E. Gerald Corrigan
Andrew D. Crockett
Guillermo de la Dehesa Romero
Mario Draghi
Martin Feldstein
Roger W. Ferguson, Jr.
Stanley Fischer
Arminio Fraga Neto

Timothy F. Geithner
Gerd Häusler
Philipp Hildebrand
Mervyn King
Paul Krugman
Guillermo Ortiz Martinez
Tommaso Padoa-Schioppa
Kenneth Rogoff
Tharman Shanmugaratnam
Lawrence Summers
Jean-Claude Trichet
David Walker
CBZhou Xiaochuan
Yutaka Yamaguchi
Ernesto Zedillo

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I invite anyone to seriously examine the G30 list and see what they find. First of all you'll notice they are all men.
Secondly, although it is similar to the BIS board of Directors in terms of nationality, the G30 has even more US reps not that G30 economists give a crap about nation-states or patriotism or anything. Also though there is the FACT that in terms of ethnic representation to actual world population Europeans and Jews fill this Group. Jacob Frenkel is the Head of the Israel Central Bank and he hasn't done a great job there lately. And for anyone who is wondering about the Jewish bankers thing look at the Federal Reserve. Even though the US is only about 2% or less Jews, We've had a Jewish Federal Reserve Director or the Last 3 decades. ie 30 years. Need Change to our financial system Anyone?
--A note on the Bank of Israel- They don't seem to have many or any gold reserves. I asked a prominent Israeli about that recently and he didn't know why.

But also and I think this is crucial to the G30 and how powerful it is today--- The Obama Connection and the Elitist Chicago Gang.- especially those affiliated with the University of Chicago's Economics Department. Obama's Economic team has been dubbed the Larry Summers All Stars as most of them are affiliated with Lawrence Summers. He is the Sensei to these economic ninjas. The Summers Gang has at least a 20% bloc of the G30. and these guys are running our economy. Larry Summers would be playing a bigger role in Obamas Admin if he hadn't ponzi schemed Citigroup into the depths of hell.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I read all your posts, and was amazed at how much information you had to share. And since no one has replied (as I type this) I had to give you some accolades for your work.

I don't want you to think that no one cares. [smile]

Yes, the Bankers are near the top - though I suspect there is at least one level above the BIS, hidden and in control.

Where they are, who they are... I wish I knew.

[edit on 3/12/2009 by Amaterasu]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Hey thanks alot bro (or sis).
Im going to upload more.
With regards to your notion that there's a higher tier- It seems to me that such a body which would not exist as an institution but as club more like the Illuminati and such- if that was the case and for example if there were say 10 people richer than forbe's richest list and noone like us even knew existed they would have had to maintain ultra secrecy since birth. This super-high class would have to be tightly knit around bloodlines as well as some sort of twisted, pagan religion counter to the predominant world religions and likely based on some sort of hidden and divine technology/knowledge. I don't see that scenario but there could be a group without the monetary power yet who retain control over some sweet tech/wisdom.(ie space, physics secrets) In either of these cases however, they would still need protection or cover from the big wheelers and dealers known to us. --IMO.

I personally believe with regards to a monetary Power Elite system on an empirical level they are hunky dory right now with the global system of networks. Everybody gets hung up on pyramids- and hierarchies are super crucial- but the global network of commerce they've created is so faceted and intertwined and complex I think it inherently prevents you or I from climbing to anywhere the top anyways.
So they don't even have to worry about what you or I know and to me I guess that would me they wouldn't need to hide 50 stories underground except out of preference.

One of the reasons I think the BIS is important for people to know about is that it is out in the open yet nobody seems to care. And also that as an ATSer or conspiracist or whatever, I'm not satisfied with letting them be written off as some mysterious "elite group." that's letting them off when we could be putting faces to the names.
I honestly feel they don't need to hide and pervertedly enjoy doing it in public- look at Washington.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Starred and flagged, though I'm going to have to read it again just to let all the information sink in. That was quite a bit of work.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
One of the things I want to know is in the event of this crisis getting worse and investors from abroad do lose confidence in the dollar and stop buying Treasury Bills like we've tricked them to do for years now,
dollar drops out and we have to default on the staggering National debt-
Would The Bank for International Settlements be the Institution to do this?

Would Asia get a better seat at the BIS bargaining table? Don't they (esp China) have a vested interest in more say or representation to better reflect they're assets?

Ron Paul and others have said T-bills are essentially the next thing to go down if something were to. We saw Billary Clinton two weeks ago practically on her knees to buy the Asians to buy our Monopoly money. Good as gold I suppose.

And as reports of the G20 summit are rumoring a deep divide between Europe and N America- does this reflect the same and/or traditional composition of the BIS board of Directors?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
One of the Amazingly few books about the BIS is By an author James C. Baker. He provides an excellent overview of all BIS related stuff. I'd tried looking up if he's a bilderberg, Trilateral type but theres not much on him.

Oddly however, he makes clear from the start he doesn't think the BIS is that bad.
He does cite some good author's like the guy from globalresearch.ca-- chodussokvy

And I've failed to mention the Classic Tragedy and Hope by Carroll Quigley.He too didn't have any strong problem with the Banking Elite but was most famous for asserting the Federal Reserve is indeed a private institution. and their (Elite) ultimate goal was a global central Bank.
The Fed is self-defined as "quasi-public" whatever that means and we should all applaud Dr and Congressman Paul for his new legislation asking to have even a shred of government oversight. But if anybody ever suggests the Fed is a benevolent, Public banking system just know they are BIS members and the BIS is self-defined as "PRIVATE"
So to make people aware there are already a few global banks and the BIS is
"the Central Bank of Central Banks"

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moonsouljah
reply to post by Amaterasu

Hey thanks alot bro (or sis).

Most welcome. [smile] I would be a "sis," BTW.

With regards to your notion that there's a higher tier- It seems to me that such a body which would not exist as an institution but as club more like the Illuminati and such- if that was the case and for example if there were say 10 people richer than forbe's richest list and noone like us even knew existed they would have had to maintain ultra secrecy since birth. This super-high class would have to be tightly knit around bloodlines as well as some sort of twisted, pagan religion counter to the predominant world religions and likely based on some sort of hidden and divine technology/knowledge. I don't see that scenario but there could be a group without the monetary power yet who retain control over some sweet tech/wisdom.(ie space, physics secrets) In either of these cases however, they would still need protection or cover from the big wheelers and dealers known to us. --IMO.

Well... It would seem that there ARE bloodline "Illuminati" that practice a "pagan" "religion" and have access to suppressed and hidden tech. [shrug]

And they have monetary power that is well hidden - VERY well hidden - behind corporations and governments and so on. They instigate and then supply wars...

As far as "protection" goes... I am sure that they have their means.

I personally believe with regards to a monetary Power Elite system on an empirical level they are hunky dory right now with the global system of networks. Everybody gets hung up on pyramids- and hierarchies are super crucial- but the global network of commerce they've created is so faceted and intertwined and complex I think it inherently prevents you or I from climbing to anywhere the top anyways.

To be sure! Yes, there is a big difference between "rich" and "wealthy." Anyone can become rich. Rarely can one become wealthy. Bill Gates made it, but most are born to it.

So they don't even have to worry about what you or I know and to me I guess that would me they wouldn't need to hide 50 stories underground except out of preference.

And many may prefer that. [shrug] If one believes The Terra Papers (and I do), there are those with less mammal and more reptile in their bloodlines, bred to work in mines, or oversee them. I suspect they do prefer such environments.

One of the reasons I think the BIS is important for people to know about is that it is out in the open yet nobody seems to care. And also that as an ATSer or conspiracist or whatever, I'm not satisfied with letting them be written off as some mysterious "elite group." that's letting them off when we could be putting faces to the names.

I agree. I know *I* care. I worked in banking (teller, branch sup, that sort of thing) and became very familiar with the flow of money on the street level - which is a reflection, though distorted, of the whole money system. At this point, I want to do away with money by taking control of the planetary resources and managing them better (they are VERY badly managed at the moment) such that abundance for all manifests.

That is the purpose of my book (written in a fictional setting so as to bring the concepts in a fun, easy-to-understand fashion.

I honestly feel they don't need to hide and pervertedly enjoy doing it in public- look at Washington.

The ones out there on the stage love the attention. There are others hidden. And they do love to put out the truth of their plans out in the open. People do not see the signs, or ignore them, or don't grasp the implications...

Anyway, looking forward to more info!

new topics

top topics

join