It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the Roswell UFO was real, what brought it down?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by diamount

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but I tend to believe the Roswell UFO was hit by a Weather Balloon.

I'll set the scene, its a stormy night in New Mexico, an extraterrestrial craft is dodging and ducking lightning when it gets tangles in a two mile long Weather Balloon belonging to the USA. Perhaps the navigation systems and controls have been shorted out by lightning or electrons in the storm and now the ship is at the mercy of the wind, it crashes into the Balloon gets all tangled up and both it and the Balloon go crashing to the ground in the NM desert.

This way the government can come out and claim it was a Weather Balloon from Project Mogul that crashed and they would technically be telling the truth, meanwhile what's left of the alien craft and the aliens within is carted off to who knows where.

[edit on 13-3-2009 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
You are entitled to your opinion, of course. But you were not at Roswell Base in 1947 so you don't really know what transpired. Neither was I. And I can make mistakes when expressing my opinion. One mistake I am NOT making is the proliferation of books on Roswell all depending on obfuscation and the gullibility of those who do not question sources.

So since I'm not making the claim that a UFO crashed near Roswell nor that alien bodies were recovered or that the craft was used for back engineering, and you seem to imply that you accept the fantasy, then why don't you simply either provide the evidence for such an event or a source where one can find the evidence.

Don't quote this person or that person, hearsay doesn't count. Irrefutable sources, please.

"No offence but I find your attempt to pass these men off as questionable witnesses hilarious to say the least.

reply to post by Fastwalker81

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Nick Redfern? Totally unacceptable. Geezus, what will they come up with next. And, oh yeah, always supported by "evidence."

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

Originally posted by zorgon
Well its been 60 years... what's the hold up? I mean debate is one thing but seriously...

Could it be various theories? Even within the UFO believers there is no agreement about what crashed. For example, from an earlier post...

According to insiders on Project Camelot there were two crashes both were future humans and they were brought down by strong Radar of the time

Then there is Nick Redfern's theory on what happened.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
What puzzles me is the description of the material, which is lightweight but essentially indestructible, that you can hit with a sledge hammer and it won't dent, or fold up and it will unfold itself without a wrinkle. If this stuff is so strong, how is it that it could so completely fragment enough to spread out over a quarter mile of desert? That just doesn't make sense to me.

Also, the stuff is described as being very light, almost weightless. Then how is it that the "ship" could create anything like a crater or gouge in the hard desert dirt? When a lightweight kite crashes to the ground, it barely makes a mark.

I still like my pet theory that at least some of the Roswell thing had to do with still top secret (possibly manned) rocket researchbeing done by all those Paperclip ex-Nazis over at White Sands. I don't have anything to prove it. But I still like it.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
What puzzles me is the description of the material, which is lightweight but essentially indestructible, that you can hit with a sledge hammer and it won't dent, or fold up and it will unfold itself without a wrinkle. If this stuff is so strong, how is it that it could so completely fragment enough to spread out over a quarter mile of desert? That just doesn't make sense to me.

That's a good point but perhaps the craft was designed to self-destruct?
If it couldn't be damaged on the outside perhaps some internal issue caused it to fragment...

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
they formally "introduced" themselves by "accidentally" "crashing" at specific lat and long coords one year one month and one day after hiroshima.

"crashing" meant we take them in as "wounded" vulnerable "freight"..
no big landing and "take us to your leader"..
just an "ooopsies we crashedded.. come get us plz k thnx."

if they were"shot down"
or if they did "crash".. through an error in judgement or hardware..
then they could go back in time and correct that error.

it was intentional.

-

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Concerning how a material that is reported to be indestructible could be torn apart, we don't know the details of the crash itself. The material could have been exposed to extremely hot plasma, high voltages, or even an anti-matter reaction, the sky really is the limit here. Plus the materials were only handled for a short period of time before they were hidden completely by their ultra secret status. As a result we have no real idea of the limit of the materials indestructibility.

Concerning the gouge in the ground, perhaps the vehicles propulsion system forced the craft into the ground, or maybe there is a heavy part of the craft that wasn't discovered till later.

Just some possibilities.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
There is a new book available at authorhouse.com that has the original story of what happened at White Sands Provng Grounds that led to the Roswell "discovery" and the Archuletta Flats crash.

You could find this supposed information maybe 10-12 years ago on the net, but since then it seems that the bots had scrubbed it from the net.

The book is called "Maji". You might like it. I thought it was a good read.

The Roswell crash supposedly had something to do with a meeting on the evening before at white sands with military authorities and a few ufos.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join