It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the Roswell UFO was real, what brought it down?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
We're still debating whether it even happened or not, or whether it was even an alien craft; we seem to be getting ahead of ourselves by speculating on how it crashed.

I do notice that some of the more reputable books never seem to go in to how or why the "thing" crashed.

Indeed I said 'IF', honestly Savior not properly reading the topic title can get you into trouble

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
All those pointless responses that make up the majority of this thread are probably preventing a lot of people to post very good questions on here.

To answer the OP, I believe that only a very small number of people know all the technology we have available on Earth. So who knows what brought them down - unless you are one of the few, you'll probably never know.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Two alien spaceships down in one night? Maybe it was an Alien False Flag Operation?

Or, maybe it was experimental US Government Aircraft which were being tested and met their fate on the hard New Mexican desert, after a spectacular midair collision. Those magnetic formation maneuvers can be very tricky to complete if you do not know what you are doing.

White Sands Missile Range, the largest military installation in the USA, is located about 125 miles West of Roswell. At UFO speeds, you can probably make the trip to Roswell in half a minute. White Sands was built in 1945, so it was definitely around and operating when the Roswell incident occurred just two years later, in 1947.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by diamount

We are proud to have Gazrok here:
he researched the case you are talking about in the OP in some very deep way, in my humble opinion: it would be nice to have him in this discussion : did you try to contact him?

+

(ROFLMAO @ weather ballon, btw)

[edit on 12/3/2009 by internos]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamount
Indeed I said 'IF', honestly Savior not properly reading the topic title can get you into trouble

Your condescending attitude aside, my points still stand.

But continuing my point...

Has the Air Force offered an explanation as to what brought down the weather balloon they claim crashed at Roswell? It would seem we would have some sort of documented evidence of at least that after 60 years.

And just in case anyone is wonder, even I don't buy the Air Force's explanation.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Martindoolittle
I think that the Roswell crash was a staged event, staged by the visitors.

I've often wondered if Roswell and other crashes did indeed happen and they were indeed of extraterrestrial crash, if they were staged events to test our reaction to an alien presence.

This same theory was proposed in the Delta-Green source-book for the Call of Cthulhu game.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

the thread asks what brought down the ufo, not a balloon, but the military reported a UFO the first day anyway, with no offical reason why the UFO crashed

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

No, I never thought of that I'll send him a U2U.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Mother Nature brough the "UFO" down. Except it was not a flying object, it was a drifter as are all balloon trains. If it had been a real alien craft, life would have changed in the U.S. But because it wasn't a real alien craft, just a secret project to spy on the Russians, it disappeared from view for approx. 33 years until it was revived by by those smelling a good paycheck, especially with world gullibility being at an all-time high. Then b.s. took over and everybody was walking happily to the bank. Lies do make a nice profit.

Originally posted by diamount
Hello

Just wondering what you're thoughts are on what brought the Roswell UFO down if you think thats what happend, considering the the battle of LA when thousands of rounds were shot at the UFO and even when they confirmed it getting hit, it never damaged it... so how on earth did the Roswell UFO come down?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Rofl @ weather balloon (Actually in saying that, we do have to ring ATC before we launch our weather balloons, just in case they take out an incoming aircraft)

I wonder if its possible if it hit a bird?

Takes our planes down rather well, so I wouldnt diqualify it

[edit on 12/3/2009 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Learhoag

If it was just a weatherballoon , then why the report of a UFO? All of the Roswell Incident would never had happened , the Black Projects would be full steam ahead with no suspicion

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
If it was possible for you to be at Roswell Base, you would not know that there were secret projects spying on the Russians to see if they were setting off atomic bombs. No one at Roswell knew this. So when one of those secret projects was eventually buffeted by a storm and the debris landed on a piece of land that had a keeper and he found the stuff, it was reported as found: balsa wood, strings, some kind of rubberized material, etc. This is what was picked up and reported.

If the Base Commander had let it be known that what was really found was a spying balloon, the Russians would have been alerted and possibly taken steps so that further atomic explosions were not so easily found out. A report of a UFO does not raise concern in the USSR. Ergo, lie through your teeth and then say it was a weather balloon. The Russians are still not concerned, not about a weather balloon.

No real UFO, just harmless lies to keep our secrets secret and it was worth whatever they went through to see that it stayed that way. It was that way for 33 years. Then some entrepeneurs decided to make some money out of something that should have stayed in moth balls.

If the true story had been publicized it would have never taken off and authors would not have been able to lie through their teeth to make money. Hey, why don't we rely on old, questionable memories from people who were questionable to begin with. Hey, let's talk to the thousands of witnesses. Hey, how long is the line at the bank, I gotta make a quick deposit of my commission check.

The intelligent who are also adept at research have never fallen for the Roswell b.s. that has sold millions of books and movies, etc. The intelligent don't give two hoots about Roswell, it's the gullible that keep the industry going and it's good money for Roswell every year when the gullible go there and are taken to the various sites to search for pieces of the imaginary craft.

Just make sure they take you to the right site. You wouldn't want to say later on that you were made a fool of!

Originally posted by branty

If it was just a weatherballoon , then why the report of a UFO? All of the Roswell Incident would never had happened , the Black Projects would be full steam ahead with no suspicion

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Nice story, well written, but a load.

You say it was a spy balloon, so to "confuse" the russians , they first call it a UFO, Then call it a weather balloon,

Why not call it a weather ballon right away, No Story.., No Interest.., No attention drawn T O W A R D S this Spy balloon.

keep tryin though, you do write well

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Thank you, I just wiped myself!

Try these:
"Roswell : Inconvenient Facts and the Will to Believe" by Karl T. Pflock

"The Roswell UFO Crash: What They Don't Want You to Know" by Kal K. Korff

You say it was a spy balloon, so to "confuse" the russians , they first call it a UFO, Then call it a weather balloon,

Why not call it a weather ballon right away, No Story.., No Interest.., No attention drawn T O W A R D S this Spy balloon.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Learhoag

Try these:

There are so many other pieces of literature on my to read list, if those 2 blokes are to back up your theory, I'll pass. Your theory is well, kinda nonsense

[edit on 12-3-2009 by branty]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

the thread asks what brought down the ufo, not a balloon...

You miss the point entirely. Even the official explanation we have been given no reason for the crash.

And if we want to get technical about it, a weather balloon would qualify as a UFO in this case.

There are so many other pieces of literature on my to read list, if those 2 blokes are to back up your theory, I'll pass. Your theory is well, kinda nonsense

Once again you demonstrate you are less interested in the truth and more interested in whatever supports your beliefs. I am not saying Learhog's theory is the truth (and would not touch anythin by Korff), however, you should not be so quick to dismiss it as nonsense without exploring it.

[edit on 13-3-2009 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I understand, branty. Gullibility is difficult to conquer. Whatever floats your boat. Just remember, you'll always be on the losing team.

Originally posted by Learhoag

Try these:

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Which is why the thread was titled

"IF" the Roswell ufo was real ...

Once again, you are demonstrate your incredible, breathtaking obtuseness. We don't even know what the "UFO" was. Whatever the thing was, it is real, whether it was an alien craft or a man-made object.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
According to insiders on Project Camelot there were two crashes both were future humans and they were brought down by strong Radar of the time.And yes it did create another time line which they are still trying to fix and everytime they do it makes it worse.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by diamount

I think maybe they encountered a flock of geese and one of the goose feathers got sucked into the combonculator and it rotated out of sync by 1/2 a degree. This in turn caused a momentary hiccup in the gravitamatron and they fell to earth. But of course I am only speculating since I have not been able to examine the wreckage, nor get anyone in government to even acknowledge its existance. But, anyway, that's just my educated guess.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join