It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nobel-prize winner backs world currency

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Just goes to show you how idiotic these people are.

They are against a one world currency, but would gladly accept gold as the international monetary standard.

As if it's value is not manipulated.

As if it's even worth anything.

Get a grip on reality.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by logician magician

Originally posted by thehumbleoneYou're right. There will be a time when money will be taken away, a time when we will need some sort of mark - a RFID chip, some tattoo etc - to be able to buy or sell in the world market.

All of it is a mark. Gold is a mark, dollar bills are a mark. Credit cards are a mark. The chips/tattoos will be a mark. Once they are gone, there will be another mark be it work ethic, contributions to society, civil service, etc...

It's funny how you mention that, because the Germans have used the word "mark" for their money for a long time.

Plus, money is traded in a "mark-et," which in Swedish could translate to "the mark."

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Alternative

Alongside the greatest loss, that would be personal freedom, you are looking at a Totalitarianism system. That is put simply: everything you do and have is put under the state "power".

Anyone who thinks this is a good idea is nuts!

Who in thier riight mind is dreaming and hoping for a "World Leader" to demand of us to give everything you have...give me your will, your hopes and dreams, money and possesions and leave them with me.

Get to work slaves!

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Who in thier riight mind is dreaming and hoping for a "World Leader" to demand of us to give everything you have...give me your will, your hopes and dreams, money and possesions and leave them with me.

Get to work slaves!

A bit extreme - don't you think?

The opposite extreme of what you propose - - would be total chaos.

There are middle grounds.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Really...you want to live in a totalitarianism nation? Go to China. Have you ever heard of Tianemen Square? Lay down and let a tank drive over you?

No the opposite of a Totalitarianism State is The United States of America...The Declaration of Independence...The Constituion of The United States of America...which states:

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience has shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

www.ushistory.org...

seriously...you would prefer China?

[edit on 13-3-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by Annee

Really...you want to live in a totalitarianism nation? Go to China. Have you ever heard of Tianemen Square? Lay down and let a tank drive over you?

I have a friend FOB China. She thinks the USA should be more like China.

Waco - - there will always be extreme situations everywhere.

Again - it is logical to me that middle ground will be more the norm.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen

Originally posted by logician magician

Originally posted by thehumbleoneYou're right. There will be a time when money will be taken away, a time when we will need some sort of mark - a RFID chip, some tattoo etc - to be able to buy or sell in the world market.

All of it is a mark. Gold is a mark, dollar bills are a mark. Credit cards are a mark. The chips/tattoos will be a mark. Once they are gone, there will be another mark be it work ethic, contributions to society, civil service, etc...

It's funny how you mention that, because the Germans have used the word "mark" for their money for a long time.

Plus, money is traded in a "mark-et," which in Swedish could translate to "the mark."

lol, yeah I was going to mention the German mark, but didn't.

heh, yeah, you can't buy or sell without a MARK-et.

I wouldn't be surprised if the "Mark" of the best was a non-catholic market without church oversight.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Global currency does not equal global statehood. An international world government is the ideal, and that is what we should be pursuing. Regional law should be decentralized. There is no need for a uniform constitution. That would not accurately reflect the political locality of the world's numerous different cultures and societies. All international standards would act as ideal baselines, one which each nation aspires to achieve, drafted by concession by each nation. Goals would include economic integration, political stability, minimization of arms, universal human rights and freedoms, and whatever else everything sees as necessary. Public office in these positions would not be allowed to be held by private citizens. They would give up their rights and become a different level of citizen, one which is accountable to stricter laws and restrictions of personal freedoms.

Each nation on the planet would hold an obligation to printing a quota of the share of money, based on their share in a proportion of the global population. It would be totally decentralized. Money would more accurately reflect the economic value of any region, all else equal. Countries such as Russia wouldn't suffer in terms of their purchasing power if say the price of oil declined, or similarly in Ukraine where their only major export is steel. All natural resources would be deemed the common heritage of everyone on the planet, no matter where the resources sit. Access to those resources are distributed through competition.

The value of the money would be based on a basket of goods that are equally represented across the worlds' economies. These goods would be technological and informational in nature, and not resource-based, as the former goods can be produced just about anywhere capital is sufficient.

[edit on 13-3-2009 by cognoscente]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Honestly, this will not come to pass. Its because other world currencys are taking a drubbing against the USD. This would not benefit the US, so I dont see this happening. However, our elected leaders could be stupid enough to actually go through with this...DAMN THEM ALL TO HELL!!!

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by cognoscente

The value of the money would be based on a basket of goods that are equally represented across the worlds' economies. These goods would be technological and informational in nature, and not resource-based, as the former goods can be produced just about anywhere capital is sufficient.

Your assertion that goods can be produced anywhere capitol is sufficient is entirely faulty. No way, no how.

For example, The State of California is the Worlds largest producer of produce. Show me another California.

And to put this thread back on topic, as you deviated from the topic of a one world currency with your Orwellian Propaganda Statement about One World Order...

I agree with you in that a One world currency is not equal to a Totalitarianism State. I did not assert or say it was equal...I do however assert that it is the means to accomplish such.

Brainwashing starts early...

www.imf.org...

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Your friend is pretty stupid then.. Its china who is trying to be more like the US.

And if the US was a third world nation, it too would grow at 8-10% yearly...Of course if the US shifted to the fairtax, it could easily grow at 5-10% GDP annually.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Of course the issue of who would command control of the printing of this money would be important.

And yes, if you have a computer, a power supply, an education and sufficient programming and marketing knowledge (along with access to the resources you need) you can produce just about anything. Relegate agriculture and industrial production to machinery. People shouldn't bear the fruits of the Earth just because they happen to own property where these products are to be found. Only invention and ingenuity should be rewarded, for those qualities alone can claim to benefit society for the better. The fact is most of the world is forming its own optimal currency area. The expansion of trade with petroleum-based land, naval and aerospace transportation, the increasing redundancy of nation-states in regulating economic activity, the growing influence of the firm, and the rapid creation rate of new information is making it economically inopportune not to engage in global integration. Why is that forex traders are even able to make money? They're exploiting a resource ownership differential between people who by chance control a significant portion of a valued good in any one economic region. Very little of those exchanges are reflected in comparative advantages of business originating in any of the countries concerned.

[edit on 13-3-2009 by cognoscente]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fox News
reply to post by Annee

Your friend is pretty stupid then.. Its china who is trying to be more like the US.

Stupid? Are you Chinese? I don't remember reading anything about you living in China.

And I did not specify how she felt the US should be more like China.

[edit on 13-3-2009 by Annee]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by cognoscente

Global currency does not equal global statehood. An international world government is the ideal, and that is what we should be pursuing. Regional law should be decentralized. There is no need for a uniform constitution. That would not accurately reflect the political locality of the world's numerous different cultures and societies. All international standards would act as ideal baselines, one which each nation aspires to achieve, drafted by concession by each nation.

I like the way you think.

Logic over fear based emotion - - for one thing.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Stupid? Are you Chinese? I don't remember reading anything about you living in China.

Hell no im not chinese... I just have a better grasp on the issue then you do.

And I did not specify how she felt the US should be more like China.

Awww, and whos fault is that? Its not my fault you decided to give sloppy answers.

You are just blowing off big wide blanket opinions.

Look, I like to think we're all on the same side here. Our differences in opinion are only superficial. We're Americans, and as such, we want the best for our country. I think your intentions are good, I just think your technique in how you suggest going about employing them is flawed.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Hell no im not chinese... I just have a better grasp on the issue then you do.

Look, I like to think we're all on the same side here. Our differences in opinion are only superficial. We're Americans, and as such, we want the best for our country. I think your intentions are good, I just think your technique in how you suggest going about employing them is flawed.

How exactly do you have a better grasp on this issue then I do?

And actually I consider myself Human of Earth.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
People, you shouldnt worry so much about the one world currency but rather the RFID microchip that will be used to buy and sell goods. You know... The one they implant with a needle. Paperless everything, digital medical records., that go along with Obama's free medical to everyone policy. All in one. Either Digital Angel or Verichip. People will run to get in line, especially with the upcoming food shortage.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

How exactly do you have a better grasp on this issue then I do?

And actually I consider myself Human of Earth.

Ohhh #...your not one of those crazy assed naturist nudists are you?

Sorry, im on a whole different level than you ppl, im not sure you can handle my sarcasm.

You know what the problem is on here...your all to damn serious...lighten up a bit...eh?

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

i think a digital world is cool,and totally inevitable...but i can see the problems your suggesting... if this # got into the wrong hands...well that wouldnt be cool.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Ohhh #...your not one of those crazy assed naturist nudists are you?

Sorry, im on a whole different level than you ppl, im not sure you can handle my sarcasm.

You know what the problem is on here...your all to damn serious...lighten up a bit...eh?

Very mature. However - you did not answer my question.

What exactly makes you knowledgeable on this subject?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join