It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Won't Believe What PETA Is Suggesting Now!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Just when we thought we'd seen it all from PETA -- the animal rights organization known for high-profile celebrity ads -- President Ingrid Newkirk has come up with this: George Clooney-flavored tofu.

Uhhgg.

That's right people....not only are they pushing for human flavored tofu, but they are pushing for George Clooney flavored tofu.

Is it just me, or is PETA the most laughable organization in the world?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d7e4eebf1dab.jpg[/atsimg]

Full Article Here

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Nope it's not just you!

Really George Clooney flavored tofu? They can keep it I'll have a steak.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
PETA is an organization that has excellent press. It manages to get money and time from people. People who might otherwise be attracted to a real organization with real motives. As it is, it serves the dual purpose of making any related organization be coloured with the same brush AND wastes the time and lots and lots of money.

Good conspiracy, no?

If I wanted to subvert people and money away, the sort of stupid but celebrity-stupidity filled organization would be perfect.

Think of all the money and time and celebrity they get. Imagine that same time and money given to any serious organization. It is an astounding thought. A fabulous waste, and a fantastic slush fund.

[edit on 2009/3/12 by Aeons]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
How do we actually know it tastes like GC? I think we need Mr Clooney to give up some of his spare time so he can be tasted properly, by all who want a lick.

*form the queue right....behind me.....

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
How do we actually know it tastes like GC?

Apparently they are going to flavor it from the sweat obtained from his gym towel...

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
They can keep the tofu (yuk)

I'll take George

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Peta is a home-grown terrorist organization,that uses shock tactics in its quest for publicity.
This unfortunately have the effect of detracting peoples attention away from the real plight of abused animals....I mean sea-Kittens!?!?!?! really?

While they were protesting the milking of cows,a vet that was a serial abuser of animals was bashing the heads of small pets against the side of a dumpster.
Where were you then P.E.T.A?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Great...now my tofu will taste like hair-gel and single stud beer farts.

As if it doesn't already taste bad enough?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Human flavored tofu?

Wow.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I'll take a steak stuffed with veal instead, thanks.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
yummy.
ive been debating cannablism....now I can eat tofu without having to chew through all the fat

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
False Advertising!

I contend that it does NOT in fact taste like George Clooney! In fact, I contend it doesn't even taste like a human!

I demand they do product testing, have a team of researchers eat George Clooney and conclude unanimously that it does in fact taste like him.

Only then will I trust their product!

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537

Originally posted by Acidtastic
How do we actually know it tastes like GC?

Apparently they are going to flavor it from the sweat obtained from his gym towel...

I don't even want to smell my husbands sweat. What makes anyone think they want to taste sweat? Who cares if it's from a celebrity? If they think that is enticing to people, then what's next? George Clooney crap flavored tofu? GROSS!

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Tofeople!
"Have your friends for dinner"

That's awesome! I really despise PETA, even though I've been a vegetarian for about 8 years now. Everyone asks me, "When are you going to start eating meat." My response is, "When we start breeding and eating people like we do the rest of the food industry." This seems like a step in the right direction.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avarus
Tofeople!
"Have your friends for dinner"

That's awesome! I really despise PETA, even though I've been a vegetarian for about 8 years now. Everyone asks me, "When are you going to start eating meat." My response is, "When we start breeding and eating people like we do the rest of the food industry." This seems like a step in the right direction.

Ahhh haaaaa! Clever, oh god, cant stop thinking about how witty that was - - god - vegetarianism is a self fulfilling prophecy - stupid idea backed up with a lack of protien - the one thing which wrenched us from the intellectual morbidity of herbivores. Theres a good reason we don't keep cows as pets - idiots - vegetarians, -

Vegetarians .....if you cant beat em - eat em.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by audas

It's hard to determine which parts of your post are sarcastic and which ones are troll remarks. Well, say whatever you like, but humans really aren't made to consume the amount of meat Americans do. Look at most other cultures in the world, and meat is usually served only during special occasions, and even then, it's modestly portioned.

Without even getting into our digestive physiology being more related to one of an herbivore... Dating back to our ancestor the Australopithecus, it's speculated that (if looking at modern chimpanzees for eating habits) they most likely consumed 90%-95% (or more) plants and a very small amount of meat. This would include insects and small mammals. We're definitely omnivores, we just don't need the amount of meat that we take for granted.

edit: I just also wanted to mention that people actually do keep 'pet cows'. So I'm not sure what the "good reason" is you're referring to...

[edit on 3.12.2009 by Avarus]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Hmmmmm... Where's the 'Beef'? Soylent Green was made from... I won't spoil it, except to point out that it was supposed to be a soy product, like tofu. On a conspiracy bend, could this be a primer to get people used to the idea of eating human flesh once PETA and Al Gore have their way and eliminate herd animals both for reasons of cruelty and gastro-intestinal outbursts? Could this in fact be the most insidious NWO plot yet?

I know a lot of people beat me to the punch, but I was just too excited to read slowly.

[edit on 12-3-2009 by TravelerintheDark]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TravelerintheDark

OH I'm GOD!!!(Atheist sarcasm.... sorry couldn't resist)

I think your theory is extremely scary and very plausible.... they always put things right in our face. With the recent announcement of Ginger and Turmeric being listed on the Controlled Substance list because they're now classed as a insecticides is one indication of this direction of thinking. I've also recently seen that some farmers use Cinnamon as an insecticide, which tells me that it will soon be banned also.

Codex Alimentarius will soon be responsible for one of the most famous of Heston quotes
"Soylent Greens is People"

[edit on 12-3-2009 by AllTiedTogether]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
His response was brilliant. I could totally hear him saying this.

"As a mammal, I'm offended."

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
PETA... You know I love animals. (Love to eat them too) I believe that there should be an organization to speak on their behalf. Especially since we owe the animal kingdom. We have destroyed habitat due to pollution and general death and destruction and we need to protect them from us. However, if PETA is the best they got then god help them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join