It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you know what you are up against?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
In SitX, most will just give in but the ones that fight this is for you.
Infared camaras, flash grenades, tear gas, will all be used I am pretty sure. If you thinking Ill just sit in my house and shoot when some one comes in. If the people that come in are planning to take you away, they won't just come in 1 at a time, they are gonna move like a SWAT team. 6-10 guys dressed in full gear from bullet proof kits to gas masks and full Auto weapons, night vision googles, and probably stuff we don't know about. If you are hiding in the woods or a cabin, well infared and satelittes and helicopters.
Is there gonna be any way to fight?
The more I think about this stuff the more I realize i will most like die for freedom that I really never had. i am 25 years old, and it seems the more I look back the more feedoms we lose "For our own portection".
Does anyone have any ideas?
Can you fool infared?
Is there a way to escape and evadef from a satelitte?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Sure if you havent devoted time to building fortifications and studying the weaknesses of your location you will fold under assault even when factoring in the defenders advantage (1 defender: 3 attackers). Proper training goes miles to being able to fend off a modern attack force, such as knowing common terms for items so when you hear someone scream "Frag Out" you know a grenade is inbound. Gas masks are cheap and basically ruin the idea of tear gas in a seige situation, plus having good ventiliation allows for quick venting of gasses. As for the swat team concept all I have to says is this: bottlenecks/choke points are a ***** and will get you (or an opponent) very dead very quickly.

Look at this concept like a business, how much money and resources would you as a commander be willing to expend for the neutralization of say 4 targets holed up in a house out in the sticks? Sure you could say they would lob the works at the target however the problem lies in that they will be doing that over and over and over again on the hold outs and eventually their supplies will suffer as a result.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
You think it's going to be that bad??!?! If so I'll just have to take your word for it because I will be outta here.

On a hill far away stood an old rugged cross,
the emblem of suffering and shame;
and I love that old cross where the dearest and best
for a world of lost sinners was slain.

So I'll cherish the old rugged cross,
till my trophies at last I lay down;
I will cling to the old rugged cross,
and exchange it some day for a crown.

O that old rugged cross, so despised by the world,
has a wondrous attraction for me;
for the dear Lamb of God left his glory above
to bear it to dark Calvary.

In that old rugged cross, stained with blood so divine,
a wondrous beauty I see,
for 'twas on that old cross Jesus suffered and died,
to pardon and sanctify me.

To that old rugged cross I will ever be true,
its shame and reproach gladly bear;
then he'll call me some day to my home far away,
where his glory forever I'll share.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Don't let this OP scare you. Your best option is always to FIGHT BACK. Not only is what they're doing illegal, it's immoral, and you always have the advantage on your home turf. Yes, IR can be fooled. We still outnumber the pigs 10000 to 1.

O-315

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Not trying to scare . Just want people to know, that its not gonna be just easy as running. And if you decide to fight, you have to know a lil bit about what you are up against. It isn't going to be a fair fight. you will have to have some sort of plan, some sort of know how of what is to come. I hear ILL KILL THEM so much on ATS, like its gonna be a few shots and itll be over. when in actuallity it is gonna be them using equipment we might not have aginst us,
I am asking for some kinda help just dont know what kind.
I asked can you fool infared. or sailittes.
Camoflauge perhaps? I dont know how the stuff works.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by organism315

Agreed. Their power is only an illusion.

Just look at Iraq, Afghanistan.

They won't win anywhere. Period.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
As to fooling infrared, I have no idea.

Honestly, I think you're misinformed about just how powerful or lethal the PTB military machine is. Hollywood and reality is very different.

They're not going to pull out all the stops for you when they're dealing with thousands of fighters.

How many police helicopters does a city have? 1 or 2? How are they going to go after hundreds of dudes?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Yeah they can be defeated in a single scenario of swat team bursting through door... Give them a blast of a propane powered flame thrower. I mean come on... we're all mortal and human (with the exception of Obama, of course.)

If you are REALLY serious about planning for different scenarios (just like the big boys do in DoD) then it takes time to develop/consider counter-measures to what you believe their attack strategy will be.

What is the goal of your enemy? Do they want you dead? Captive? In a 'working coma' like most of the nation?

You can create your own devastating weapons from the items on shelves of many hardware stores. There are some really cool durable fabrics that can be formed into body armor.

The best defense against attack and tyranny could be a great offense. As in:

Be as offensive to your local and city gov't as you can. Push common sense on them... They hate common sense.

Else, AA12 with pink bling is what my wife recommends.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by realboogyman

**Please note that nothing I say is to be used offensively, but only as a means of last defense against an unlawful assault on your homestead.**

Look into this. growwurks.com...
Yeah its for those indoor vegetable growers but it says that it lowers/blocks thermal sigs by 97%. You could wallpaper your place in it.

You can rig traps to shoot 00buck straight down from the top of the stairs. (kinda like in that SAW movie, but at a choke point in your own place) SWAT helmets are usually only level III, which is able to stop a 45, but a couple of rounds of 00buck, well it's sure going to ruin their wall flood when their 2 lead men are dropped from shotguns to the head. Be advised it may be illegal to set up a trap like this, but if shtf and they're coming for you, do you really care about the rules?> They won't.

Gas Mask/NBC suits should be considered in case of a bioattack/birdflu release, and will double for teargas, as well as a concealed bulletproof vest for daily wear.

Windows can be secured with 3 layers of plexiglass laminated together and secured. That will stop inbound flashbangs and grenades, although you should make sure that you don't have a window sill, but a slope, to roll the munition down to the ground, so it doesn't blast your plexiglass.

Pinhole cams wired internally(no wireless, it can be jammed/viewed by the aggressors) to a secured internal viewing location. Motion detection setup so you see them coming. If you can get a view of accessway (street, dock, apartment complex gate) to your place, you may get a minute or 2 of warning.

Also, go through your place and change which way all the doors open. All this info is available to the fire marshals, so it will likely be available to the opfor if they plan a tactical assault.

Stock up on sandbags, and use them floor to ceiling. most buildings are wood frame, thus easily penetrated by any round that a SWAT/HRT/Cartel team would be using.

If you are at a remote location and are looking to defend land, use sandbags and concertina wire just like they do. If you can control their avenue of approach, man-trapping comes into play. Pitfalls & box traps for men, tank ditches to prevent the access by APCs.

Obviously, backup power, either via car battery or generator would be necessary for some of the better defenses like a/v surveillance and flood lights.

Also, setting up HID lights to be controlled remotely so you can blind them as they enter would be useful. Illuminate your yard with a dozen halogen floods behind several layers of plexi (to prevent non-ap rounds from taking out the lights) when they start their approach and they may realize that they've bitten off more than they can chew. If not, make them pay for every step they take.

I'd advise against flamethrowers indoors because if you torch your place, they'll just wait outside for you and mow you down(a la Waco). Make sure that you have ability to put out any fires started by the opfor as well, because as I said earlier, they won't be playing by the rules if shtf.

Molotovs and homemade napalm would be handy against men, not so much if they send in a little robot with an m16.

If you own the place, you can place a remote hydraulic lift in the floor at the chokepoint so that when the bot is over it, you can flip it on it's back and then disable with thermite.

Thermite is the #. Prep it in chicken soup cans with fuse ready to go and a propane soldering torch handy. I have seen an ounce of this stuff go through an inch of steel and keep burning. Rumor has it that it can disable a small block chevy in just under a minute, plus you can't stop the chemical reaction until it completes, so that fire extinguisher is useless. And if they are dumb enough to throw water on it, uhoh, splashing burning metal and steam in their face

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by realboogyman

**Please note that nothing I say is to be used offensively, but only as a means of last defense against an unlawful assault on your homestead.**

Continued:

As to satellites, I don't think there is anything that we can reasonably do. I know there are ghillie suits that mask IR sigs, but I believe they cost 12-15k and are only available to SF/3letter agencies, so that is not an option. Maybe pray for a mid space collision. Who knows, maybe The Big Guy with throw you a bone.

Seriously though, worry about what you can control. What you need to do is wargame your place. Don't answer these questions here, but you need to look over alot of things.

First, Figure out the goal of the home invasion(kill, capture, rob, or enslave) and plan from there.

Where will they come through? The door, the window, the roof, blowing a hole in your outside wall for their own door or coming in through the neighbor's shared wall?

Anticipate the strength of a probable assault. Are you a High Value Target? Are you active in the patriot community, a militia member, publicly outspoken against authorities, trained in firearms, chemistry or explosives, a ccw holder, former military, trained in small unit tactics? These could all be targets for an unconstitutional government coming for the people who may pose a threat/may form or lead a resistance movement. Figure out how many you need to defend against and triple it.

Once you figure out the probable opfor, figure out what means they have at their disposal. Black Helicopters, Machine Guns, Suicide Bombers, AH64 Apache helicopters, APCs and Tanks, MQ9 Reaper UAVs, knives, bangalores, bulldozers. Plan your defenses based on your perceived threats and your manpower. Fighting solo would require significantly more automation and remote operation than if you have a fire squad to hold the position.

There is the chance that if things were really bad, they could just blow you away with RPGs or hellfire missiles, but at that point, if you do what I suggested, you will likely have taken out enough to rest well and enjoy the afterlife.

Not to mention, if the Muslims are right in the global religion lottery and Allah rewards martyrs, well I bet you'll be enjoying some tacos at the end of the day

Oh, and as always, the defenses are useless if you do not practice.
PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE. There is no substitute for putting rounds down range and doing dry runs of your strategic defensive plan. Have a backup plan and a backup backup plan. There is no such thing as "too prepared" but there is such a thing as "too dead"

Set a timer for a couple of hours, go to sleep, and when it goes off, roll out of bed and defend your house. the baddies aren't going to wait until you are in your defensive position to come, they'll come when you least expect it, be it when you're in bed, in the shower, on the pot, cooking dinner, or playing madden.

Run house clearing drills DAILY. There is no substitute and if you do not know your own place like the back of your hand in the black of night, you don't deserve to defend it.

And as always, EXERCISE YOUR 2ND AMENDMENT RIGHTS AT ALL TIMES. Your pistol should always be with you so that you can fight your way to your rifle. Your rifle should be loaded plus one in the chamber so you can fight your way to freedom.

I'd also recommend a tactical vest and a pack that is loaded with everything you will need to bug out kept in the trunk of your car, because you may come home to an ugly scene one day at which point, just keep on driving like you don't live there.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
To the above poster.....Nice.
where do you get this kinda of mindset?
I have been thinking but nothing like that.
I have been trying to take a good look at my house and the surroundings.
I actaully have a back door that noone uses, it has a porch and looks usable.But openit and its just a wall. You can't tell from the outside. It is like that because, i remodeled a while back and it was just too close to my bedroom. So I know they will have exits blocked, so they will be standing there also.
i have thought about a trap door that could lead under the house.
I know a mixture that is almost as good as napalm.
I am just trying to get some creative minds working,
It may not ever happen but, part of survival is being Prepared

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

First off, I forgot to say it earlier, but props to you for thinking about these type of things. Most people don't have the mind or stomach to plan for what may be coming.

Trap doors and tunnels always sound like good ideas, but often aren't, and are just not feasible in most situations, plus they're kinda risky for the average joe, as cave-ins kill quickly.

I'd also recommend saving your "golden ideas" and keeping them to yourself. You never know who's reading...

Also, DO NOT DOCUMENT ANY PREPARATIONS ON PC, PHONE, or PHOTO. All are easily retrieved by 3 letter agencies. If you absolutely need to, draw it up and burn the drawings once you're done with them. I recommend shredding, and following the steps to use one of these: www.newdawnengineering.com... which can be improvised out of a tuna can with holes in the bottom, a can of tomato soup, and a brick. keep all documents regarding your defenses locked up or otherwise secured prior to burn.

Tell no-one that you wouldn't literally trust your life to. I'm talking they will take torture and death before giving you up. Which means that there may be one or two people in your life(if any) who you can truly trust. Only release compartmentalized info to them. They only need to know what they need to do, not the whole plan. Torture is painfully effective at extracting info from most people, and you don't need your plan compromised without your knowing. Also, the less people that know what you have, the less that will come to try and take it when shtf. Friends and family will turn on you at the drop of a hat if it's you or them. You may like your cousin, but can you trust him? If you had to think about it, you cant.

Pay in cash. All credit and bank transactions(wire transfers, checks, debit) are monitored and tracked by your name and ssn. if you buy it any other way, they know what you have and someone with half a brain can put together what you have likely assembled.

Purchase your supplies from dozens of stores. ALL IN CASH...

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
THIS POST IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY
I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR OTHERS ACTIONS AND ADVICE NO ONE TO TRY ANYTHING WITHOUT THE PROPER TRAINING!

IR is hard to fool and the best cammo's in the world still have problems with it. Besides most cammo that fools IR does it by not allowing a heat signature to come out thus making it very hot.
Best way to fend off a SWAT type assault is to set up choke points as mentioned by another poster, you have to stop their momentum. Once you've confined them to a portion of the building think about hand thrown explosives to finish the job.
Simple booby traps are effective as well, a trip wire + crossbow made out of the bow shaped part of a truck's suspension will ruin anyone's day and stick him into a wall by the way.
Another good one is to secure all your outer doors with a fishing net on the inside, once they kick it in they just ran into another obstacle they have to tackle.
Windows should be boarded down.
If your going to set up a defensive firing position don't just shoot out a window... Make a small hole under the window and dig into the floor a little so your actually lying under the floor line Secure everything around yourself with a double row of sandbags (even on the floor if you are on a second or higher floor)
When maneuvering around buildings always go under the frames and over the basement windows.
A hole in the roof (through the tiles, like type mortar fire can cause) is a perfect position once secured with sand bags.
Make sure to set Constantine wire at a distance so you can pick off anybody who gets caught in ti. Tie rattles to it. If you have mines place them in strategic weak points. Place Napalm (can be manufactured easily) barrels with remote or wire detonators inside the perimeter POINTING OUT
Claymores or similar explosives (you can make claymores out of plastic explosives, ball bearings and a soda can; if you add a plastic syringe and make a pressure plate out of it with the part that pushes sticking out of the can you have a land mine) are a @#$@ if hung in the trees or on poles/posts and you always want to have enough to daisy chain them.

Just some stuff you should know...

Remember endurance is the key, you have to out endure your enemy and plan all your moves with patience and a calm clear mindset.

Once more I don't think they'll do house to hos searches everywhere and not everybody is going to have a IR equipped helicopter looking for them. Best bet is to keep a low profile and not make urself a target by acting stupid.
Make sure you and your very close members of your group are the only ones who know about that 1000+ round stash.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkiii
Set a timer for a couple of hours, go to sleep, and when it goes off, roll out of bed and defend your house. the baddies aren't going to wait until you are in your defensive position to come, they'll come when you least expect it, be it when you're in bed, in the shower, on the pot, cooking dinner, or playing madden.

Best advice for home defense I've heard in a long time.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Look at our history. You don’t have to go back that far. The Love Generation, Make Love Not War; what happened to them?

They conformed just like all the rest of us will because conformity allows you to live one more day, one more hour, one more minute.

People are quick to admit that they are survivors and survival instinct is very strong.

The only way that we will not conform is if we cherish something greater than our own lives.

Freedom believe it or not is way down the list of priorities. Of course it starts with allowing the lost of another’s first but when that is all that you have left to barter you will give up yours too.

I know I am going to get flamed to a crisp but the truth is often painful to hear and the messenger always gets killed.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
**Please note that nothing I say is to be used offensively, but only as a means of last defense against an unlawful assault on your homestead. I take no responsibility for the actions of others and provide this information in the pursuit of knowledge and liberty**

continued:

Purchase your supplies from dozens of stores. ALL IN CASH...

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightSkyeB4Dawn

Look at our history. You don’t have to go back that far. The Love Generation, Make Love Not War; what happened to them?

They conformed just like all the rest of us will because conformity allows you to live one more day, one more hour, one more minute.

People are quick to admit that they are survivors and survival instinct is very strong.

The only way that we will not conform is if we cherish something greater than our own lives.

Freedom believe it or not is way down the list of priorities. Of course it starts with allowing the lost of another’s first but when that is all that you have left to barter you will give up yours too.

I know I am going to get flamed to a crisp but the truth is often painful to hear and the messenger always gets killed.

Not one inch shall I yield. Death in defense of liberty is far more desirable than life as a coward. I have lived life without liberty. Frankly, it isn't worth living, which I'm sure you will realize soon after you have given up. I am a free man, will live a free man, and will die a free man.

And you know why the Love Generation conformed? Because they didn't have the stomach to stand up and fight for what is right. It's not an easy thing to stand up for what you believe, but I find it much harder not to.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
As to fooling infrared, I have no idea.

Honestly, I think you're misinformed about just how powerful or lethal the PTB military machine is. Hollywood and reality is very different.

They're not going to pull out all the stops for you when they're dealing with thousands of fighters.

How many police helicopters does a city have? 1 or 2? How are they going to go after hundreds of dudes?

And it is possible I have blew it out of proportion. But I have all these things rattling in my brain. All the what if's. I don't want to let the people that rely on me down. After rreading on ATS I see so much more that I didn't plan on. So it just has me thinking. I am just wanting some pointers....and I see there are alot of knowledgable people on here. I am seeking a little info. I am new, so i don't realy know the "know-it-alls" from the people that "know"

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
First of all yes IR can be defeated by simply masking your body heat.

And second of all, we won't have to face the military as much as people think. Yes they are tuaght to be killing machines, but they still know what is illegal, immoral, or unconstitutional. When they are ordered to start taking out civilians in such a way most will desert. They are still americans in the long run and wouldn't want their families taken out or harmed.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
If I'm hearing you right, then I'm guessing that you are in the beginning stages of preparing.
You have chosen to begin by hardening your home.
Great!
The recomendations and advice given by a few previous posters is tremendous, and you should be grateful that they let you in on these tips.

I picked up a few tips myself, and I feel confidant that my home is pretty hard. A few years back, a buddy of mine bought a building that he was to remodel into a bar.
The building he bought had been a bank previously, and the bank moved to another part of town. As we were going over the renovation plans, he continued to talk about this and that being thrown out, and maybe he should get a dumpster.
The very next day, I pulled my trailer up to the building, and was like, no way are throwing out that perfectly good 2 inch glass. Other items went on the trailer as well.

Anyway, the previous posters are operating on a Doctorates level, and may have overwhelmed you. (To those posters, awesome advice!)
Here is a linkLinky that might be a step in the right direction for you, regarding hardening against home invasion. It would be somewhere for you to begin, and let the advanced stuff fall into place a bit later.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join