It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Watch List hits 1 million names.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

US Watch List hits 1 million names.

www.usatoday.com

WASHINGTON — The government's terrorist watch list has hit 1 million entries, up 32% since 2007.

Federal data show the rise comes despite the removal of 33,000 entries last year by the FBI's Terrorist Screening Center in an effort to purge the list of outdated information and remove people cleared in investigations.

It's unclear how many individuals those 33,000 records represent — the center often uses multiple entries, or "identities," for a person to reflect variances in name spellings or other identifying information. The remaining million entries represent about 400,000 individuals, according to the center.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I think this speaks for itself. Here's a little interesting math problem. If the watch list is growing at a rate of 32% per year (and we are assuming that the rate of growth is not increasing)

1. How long until the whole US population is on the list?
2. How long until the entire population of the world is on the list?

sigh

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I wonder what it takes to find out if you're on the watch list? I assume if you find out, you're already in trouble.

I don't think I would ever be a target. I'm as safe as a bunny.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Is there a way to know if your on the list?
Does this have anything to do with the alledged red, blue and yellow list, ?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Is there a way to search to see if your on the list?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
"He wants to know if he's on the list."

"Why would he want to know that? Citizens aren't supposed to ask questions."

"Yeah, he must be a terrorist... add him to the list."

"You're coming with us. Terrorist SCUM!"

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Y'know if I was a terrorist, I wouldn't want to be on the list. I wouldn't feel comfortable, having killed people to be on the list beside Steve Y'alround from accounting.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The watch list is the beginning of the inevitable.

Soon, very soon, it won't just be air travel that use it. It will be departments of motor vehicles, social services, educational institutions; and ultimately various other 'non-governmental agencies'.

But don't worry. Soon enough, there will be scads of lawyers advertising on cable TV about how for a nominal fee, they can interface with the government for you and help get your name 'off' the list.

I would be upset, but the watch-list existed long before they ever acknowledged it. The real kicker was the creation of the "Homeland Security" enterprise, allowing the military industrial complex more direct control of the country.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
The list is pointless anway as we all know who the US don't like, their own people, a billion Muslims, France, Syria, Iraq, Iran, China, Russia, Afganistan, Korea, Taiwan, the whole of South America. Thats just a few to be going on with.

The US is a full blown Fascist State almost at the point of where it is going to openly detain and murder large numbers of its own people. Its been doing the same to others since 45 and the trend is continuing.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

Chances are, if you have a bank account in the United States, you're not on the list.

The government routinely circulates the list (or portions of it, at least) to banks throughout the country. The banks, in turn, cross check it against their database of customers and are required to report any matches they find.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by realboogyman
Is there a way to know if your on the list?
Does this have anything to do with the alledged red, blue and yellow list, ?

Why so worried, boogy? Done or said anything terrible lately? just kiddin
Welcome to ATS!

Yeah-...any anti-government stuff: RED list.
Any PRO-Patriotic stuff: BLUE list.
Any cowardly stuff: YELLOW list.

You don't wanna know about the PINK, BROWN, or GREEN lists!

It said 95% of the list is of foreigners. . .foreigners already HERE? Or foreigners overseas??? . . .Geeezz!
I like how the end of the article says the list is "too bloated to be effective"!

. . ."Hold, please, sir, we're still scanning our list". . ."wait in this room over here for a few hours"!

And the part about many names being spelled similarly...could it be from translation problems?

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Wait....am I on the list...??

I have a bank account.....but I haven't had any off-shore transfers.

Whhoosh!! Guess I'm safe!!!!!

Oh wait...according to some earlier posts, if you Bank Offshore, you are a suspect???

Well say hello to Bernie Madoff!!! Age....70.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Did you know that anti-apartheid activist, former president of South Africa and Nobel peace prize winner Nelson Mandela was on the list??

I say "was" because they took him of the list for obvious reasons. So i think that taking this list serious is a bit of a stretch.

Also a airline pilot, a lawyer and a 9 year old boy are on the watch list...

CNN - terrorist watch list

What a joke!!!

Peace

[edit on 13/3/2009 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

I'm a former Airline pilot.....

Well, I've traveled well, for the last few years....

BUT, it is appalling....the TSA is outrageous....

I am NOT being sarcastic. Airline pilots and Flight Attendents are STILL required to remove their coats....to pass 'security'....how stupid is that???

When....and hold on to your coats....most of the workers who are at the airport, just use their card to bypass 'security'.

I am NOT lying here....Airport 'security' is a joke, and the TSA knows it!!!

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
like the 5 yr old boy who's name matched a name on the list and was detained at Sea-Tac
If they are going to detain a 5 year old, what is next?

Pregnant women with pre-named womb infants?

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I'd hate to be named John Smith... that would be a nightmare for traveling.

... or any name with Ahmed in it.

Paypas pleeze! You do not have strong German ... err American name, you are eine commie spy... err terrorist, und you vill come vis us.

[edit on 13-3-2009 by johnsky]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
I'm a former Airline pilot.....

Well, I've traveled well, for the last few years....

I am NOT being sarcastic. Airline pilots and Flight Attendents are STILL required to remove their coats....to pass 'security'....how stupid is that???

When....and hold on to your coats....most of the workers who are at the airport, just use their card to bypass 'security'.

I Don’t know about that, when we entered through the terminal we had to go through security just like everyone else, so did the PSA’s. There is nothing worse then having your plane sitting at the gate waiting to be marshaled in and you’re stuck in a security screening line because you went down to the cafeteria.

Even the TSA’s have to go through screening when they take a break and return back to their post. They don’t make exceptions for anyone, but at least they would try and get us through the area a bit quicker then regular passengers.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

defcon.....depends on the airport.

That's all I'm trying to say.

My point is, this illusion of security has reached a point that is ridiculous.

Taking off shoes, for Chrissakes!

I was leaving through Heathrow a while back....they told me that, depending on the rules that day, you could leave your shoes on. It came down, basically, to what line you were in!

As to every airport worker? Like I said, I've been to a lot of airports....procedures vary....

But, remember. 9/11 was accomplished without major weapons. By men who passed through the 'security'.

new topics

top topics

join