It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice, comments on my strange occurrence.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
A few month ago a had a dream about a woman, it was more like a "vision". I saw details of this woman, her hair, face and clothes. In the dream we didn't interact or talk, she was just "there" like a photograph.

When I woke I tried to remember her name, and the only thing that came to me was Rebbecca. I thought the name was probably 80-90% accurate but wasn't sure.

Now my wife and I are going through a separation, and being a little lonely I started to browse through some online personal ads, and I also placed an ad on craigslist, just looking for someone with similar interests to talk to.

This morning while browsing through some personal ads which were supposedly my "matches" I came across this woman who looked exactly like the girl in my dream. When looking through some of her photos I came across a particular photo which looks exactly like what I saw in my dream. In my dream the girl was just "there" not talking, just like a photo, just like the photo in her profile. In that photo she was wearing exactly what I saw in my dream; a long skirt, boots and her hair, face were exactly as I saw them.

One of the distinctive things I remembered from my dream was that she was a very petite and the woman's height listed in her profile is 5' 0".

I thought wow, this is the girl I saw in my dream!
Her profile showed that we had many similar interests. But then just kind of dismissed it and said that it is probably just a very interesting coincidence.

I thought maybe I'll try to send her a message at a later time. So I got off the personals site and went to my e-mail. My e-mail is not associated with the personals website at all (you just communicate through the site itself). However, my e-mail address was associated with the craigslist ad a placed last week.

I haven't received any replies to that craigslist ad, until I checked it at this point (right after having viewed this woman's profile on a personals site). I see a reply from someone named Regina, and thought how funny, I just got done reading a girl named Regina's profile. Thought it was just a coincidence.

Read the reply and I responded. She replied back pretty quickly and sent a pic. It was indeed the same girl.

From my dream, I tried to remember the girl's name, and came up with Rebbecca. I thought I was about 80-90% sure it might have been Rebbecca. I thought that's pretty close to Regina, no?

This all just happened this morning, needed to write about it. I'm a little taken aback. I have had some premonition type dreams ike that before in my life, but not very often.

I'm still trying to get a grip with this, am I overreacting? Is it just coincidence, or does it mean something? (It's a little scary to be honest).

Please post any comments, questions or advice.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I just wanted to add that I'm not even sure if I want to meet this woman right now, is that dumb? I think I just want someone to talk to.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Electro38

Intriguing stuff. I think I would be tempted to maybe meet up with this girl just to see if you get any soul mate vibes from it. I also have premonitions--some come true ,some d'ont.Shame about your seperation from your wife,you're going through a pretty emotional time obviously,hope everything works out for you.

Anyway you've always got us on ATS to keep you going xxx

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by uk today

Thanks for the reply. Yeah when I think about the way this occurred it makes me nervous, I'm almost afraid to pursue it.

It could just be a series of coincidences. There are probably a lot of girls who look like the girl I saw in my dream, however the way this happened is a little strange. But then again her name and her exact appearance in her photo = the same as my dream!

I have always had insignificant premonition dreams, very infrequently though. Usually stuff like I'd dream I found a baseball card outside while walking to the store, and lo, I would. Nothing you can win the lottery with.

Never had one quite this strange though, with the "synchronicity" that occurred. (That's the word I have been searching for "synchronicity").

I haven't even spoken to her on the phone yet (not sure if I will), so I don't even know if we would like each other. She replied to an ad I had in the "strictly platonic" section of the craigslist personals, I was just looking for someone to talk about music with and maybe go see some live music with (maybe). It turns out she is a singer. I play bass guitar.

But while she was e-mailing me from craigslist I was reading her profile on a different personals site. Right after I left that personals site I read an e-mail from the girl who's profile I just read! (I know I keep repeating myself, only because I'm trying to wrap my brain around it.)

Thanks again for the reply, I appreciate it. (And thanks for letting me wax philosophic there, fun.)

[edit on 12-3-2009 by Electro38]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I just wanted to add that I'm not sure I believe in the "soul mate" concept, just not sure. Anyway, I believe in fate, however I'm keeping my mind opened to the fact that perhaps in some cosmic way maybe this person just has something to tell me, maybe it has nothing to do with love/romance.

This might be a dumb thing to do, but I feel compelled to tell this girl what happened, the dream, etc. Maybe I should hold off on that...

[edit on 12-3-2009 by Electro38]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Meet the gal for the sake of meeting her, not because she matches someone in a dream. Go in with that idea instead of unrealistic expectations....or she'll never compete with this imagined ideal...

Sure, it could have been some kind of psychic glimpse...perhaps you knew each other in a former life, etc., but that doesn't always mean things will work out in this one....
So I'm just saying, don't read more into it than it may be, and just try to enjoy meeting her as a person, vs. some "sign" or "omen"....

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I agree with the advice above. The reason I'm writing is that I don't know how you could not want to meet her. I'm not saying that she's necessarily the answer to all your questions or anything but I think it would answer a few.

Who knows, maybe you can help her? I can't think of a more healing thing to do.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Thanks. Let me see if I can try to explain things a little better, I think I've been having a problem effectively explaining this.

In my dream I just saw what seemed like a photo of a girl, and thought maybe her name was Rebbecca. About 2 months later (just a few days ago) when scrolling through yahoo personals I came across a pic of the girl who looked like the girl from my dream. Her name was Regina, which I thought was pretty close to what I thought I heard in my dream, "Rebbecca".

Then, I saw a particular photo of her in her profile. It was the photo I saw in my dream. I thought it was very interesting, but I do sometimes see things that I have dreamed of earlier. I left the website and was just thinking maybe I will send her a message in the future.

This is the important part:
At this point I was really just kind of dismissing it as an interesting thing but then I logged off of the website and immediately saw an e-mail from someone named "Regina". I just got done reading a "Regina's" profile. But thought this was nothing, it must be someone else.

The e-mail was in response to and ad I placed in craigslist a few weeks prior. I to replied to that e-mail and then she sent her pic. It was the same girl!

She didn't even know that I had seen her profile on yahoo personals, and in her profile it said that she hadn't visited or logged onto her profile for 2 weeks.

I have always had these little premonition dreams, where I would see an object in my dream, then find that object the next day or later. They have never been about a person before and they are very infrequent. But I have never had such a synchronized event like that happen after having one of those dreams.

It scared me. Made me a little nervous.

The girl responded to my craigslist ad which was placed in the "strictly platonic" section, meaning I wasn't looking for love or romance. I was just interested in talking to a girl about music, art, writing, and even cooking. I thought maybe after some talking via e-mail, maybe I would call her, and then maybe go see some live music with her. (I take things in small steps like that.)

So, we wrote a few times to each other. Just some things like how we cook sauce (we're both from Italian ancestry) and about music, she happens to be a singer and I'm a bass player.

Now, I started to wonder why that synchronicity thing occurred. I do keep my mind open to the idea that maybe when something like that happens, maybe there is a reason. I thought maybe she had something to say to me, or maybe I had something to say to her. As simple as that. Not thinking she is my soul mate, or we were meant to be together, etc. (I have no idea who the heck she is at this point, or if I would even like her.)

I thought I should at least try to continue a dialog with her, then maybe call her, etc. Maybe after that something would be revealed. Maybe just something as small as one of us had advice for the other, or maybe nothing.

I thought that this was interesting enough for me to at least look into.

So, I thought maybe I should tell her what I experienced. I thought I'll probably not hear from her again, she'll think I'm nuts. Regardless, I wrote the e-mail explaining all of this and sent it.

She did reply saying she didn't think I was nuts, etc. She said that she did believe things happen for a reason and that we met for a reason..., and that she wanted to continue talking, but that she is not too fond of e-mailing. So I thought that meant she wanted me to call her.

I thought, ok, I'll probably call her soon. But I really wanted to get more of an idea of who I would be talking to before calling, I wanted to correspond through e-mail a few more times.

So I wrote back saying that I would be approaching this as a "curious, potential friend, if possible..." I was being honest with her, I'm not thinking she's my soul mate, etc. etc. I needed to get to know her more to even pursue a possible friendship.

She replied that that would be fine. Then I wrote back a day later and decided to show her what I do (I make experimental music machines) and I sent her a link to my YouTube page where I have some little demos of the weird machines I make.

I suggested to her in that last e-mail that maybe we can share our interests in music by sharing links to music videos on youtube, and she can also see the machines I've created. I thought this was a great way to share similar interests and maybe she can turn me onto the music shes likes, etc.

I thought this would be a great way forward, we would have more to talk about when I called her.

But then I never received a reply to that e-mail. It's been 3 days. I thought maybe the dream, etc. freaked her out after she thought about it some more, or maybe the e-mail got tossed into her spam folder because I put a couple of links in it.

Or maybe she thought my machines were so weird, and I must be weird too. Which wouldn't be untrue.

In either case, I'm starting to think that the dream and the synchronicity that occurred may have nothing to do with her. It was probably just an interesting thing my brain made happen, for reasons I'll never know.

I don't think I'll ever hear back from her. Although, now I'm starting to think that it's a big possibility that the last e-mail I sent her got tossed into her spam folder. And now I'm thinking (maybe) I should send just one last e-mail asking if she got my last one.

I'm afraid to seem like a weirdo internet stalker though.

Should I send one more e-mail? Or should I just forget this now?

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Just wanted to add that I just sent her another e-mail asking if she received my last one (which could have been tossed into her spam folder due to a link I added in it.)

I'm really thinking I won't hear back from her. I usually don't do things like this, I don't expend so much energy writing about something, or trying to communicate with someone. I usually just leave things alone before wasting too much time.

I'm just curious to know why that happened. I'll post again to let people know if she wrote back or not.

[edit on 18-3-2009 by Electro38]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Meet the gal for the sake of meeting her, not because she matches someone in a dream. Go in with that idea instead of unrealistic expectations....or she'll never compete with this imagined ideal...

Sure, it could have been some kind of psychic glimpse...perhaps you knew each other in a former life, etc., but that doesn't always mean things will work out in this one....
So I'm just saying, don't read more into it than it may be, and just try to enjoy meeting her as a person, vs. some "sign" or "omen"....

Absolutely agree. I had thought that maybe it meant that we were supposed to talk to each other, maybe not even meet. Maybe she needed help, or maybe she could have helped me in some way.

Or maybe we would make music together, or collaborate, or something like that.

But, I sent an e-mail to her just few minutes ago. Just to see if my last e-mail got lost or something. If she did indeed receive my last e-mail, and she doesn't want to talk with me that's ok, I'm ok with that but thought I should at least give it a try.

I'm thinking now it's possible the dream and the synchronicity meant nothing more than I might have some kind of ability (which I think most people have) that perhaps I should work on some more, or pay more attention to. Or maybe it means nothing.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
My bet is that the dream talk scared the hell out of her....wished you would have asked our advice on that!!!

When you mentioned that, you just put yourself in the "Is my body gonna end up in a ditch with this guy" category....in her eyes...

[edit on 18-3-2009 by Gazrok]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I thought that would happen too, but she e-mailed me right away and said something like "I think we were meant to meet each other...", even though I wasn't suggesting that at all in my e-mail to her.

I really didn't expect to hear back from her after I told her about the dream, I just thought I should tell her, and then except the fact that she will probably get scared and not reply at all. But she did reply.

It was after I showed her the weird music machines I made, the videos of them, and me demonstrating them. I mean they are weird, I was experimenting with electronics. Maybe she didn't like how I sounded or something stupid like that.

I can post the link to my video on youtube if anyone wants, maybe I can get an insight into their weirdness, or maybe they're not as weird as I think.

Maybe it has nothing to do with the videos and my machines.

I don't think I'll ever find out.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Here's the link to my YouTube videos, which show my machines. I was experimenting with electronics (and some programming) for awhile and cam up with this suff. But now I've been doing more software dev.

Anyway, I'm thinking maybe she though after seeing this stuff that I am indeed nuts or very weird. Or maybe I'm just being very self conscious.

Maybe someone can give some advice here, are these videos and these machines really that weird?

Was it this or was it the e-mail describing the dream?

My Machines

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Holy hell I checked out your machines they are sweet!!! do you compose music on them? But about your question, maybe the girl is just busy or maybe its not meant to be.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
One example (the others are too complicated).

few years ago I dreamed I was talking to this stunning blonde man in a store I used to go to as a kid. A week later I did meet him but the store had long since changed to offices and he was a councellor at an employment agency. There was lots of chemistry but there are "rules" he was obligated to follow obviously, the chemistry made it awkward to talk to him about things I needed to talk about and he had a girlfriend anyway. I only went twice.

fates a bitch.

Preminitions don't always mean something important is going to happen.. might just be a reminder that you can have them. or it might just mean the universe likes taking the piss.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by riley]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley
Premonitions don't always mean something important is going to happen.. might just be a reminder that you can have them. or it might just mean the universe likes taking the piss.

Exactly. I think that's what happened with me. It was one of those little premonition dreams that really didn't mean anything.

The fact that she e-mailed me out of the blue suggested that maybe (maybe) we might have something to say to each other. But I'm pretty sure now that that's not the case at all.

Thanks again.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by Electro38]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by daftpink
Holy hell I checked out your machines they are sweet!!! do you compose music on them? But about your question, maybe the girl is just busy or maybe its not meant to be.

Thank you. I really haven't had any time to compose or to even play any of them to any extent. I was experimenting with electronics and once I had one made it was already sold.

Some of my customers did some really cool things with them, one band in particular is "Velva".

But about the dream, etc. I'm starting to see there was no "meaning" or anything to it.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The thing about internet dating is (I'd surmise) that you never really know how many other irons the person may have in the fire. She could have one (or more) other guys she's chatting up, for longer, etc. and you'd have no real way of knowing, so for all you know, you could be one of many...

Not to dissuade you, but wanted to be sure the possibility was pointed out. I wouldn't take a nonanswer too personally, over such an impersonal media....

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
The thing about internet dating is (I'd surmise) that you never really know how many other irons the person may have in the fire. She could have one (or more) other guys she's chatting up, for longer, etc. and you'd have no real way of knowing, so for all you know, you could be one of many...

Not to dissuade you, but wanted to be sure the possibility was pointed out. I wouldn't take a nonanswer too personally, over such an impersonal media....

Yeah, absolutely. I did not think of that. But if the girl is on yahoo personals and she also looks through craigslist personals she's probably talking to a bunch of guys. But I'm surprised she's not even curious enough to continue talking, maybe she thinks it's baloney.

Well, I'm just going to forget about it now. It would have been more interesting to have talked to her more just to see what, if anything, the dream was all about, but it's not going to happen.

I was going through those personals out of shear boredom, they're really not a good way to meet anyone to talk to, etc. I actually received one of those "Nigerian Love" scams. If it wasn't for the little broken english-style writting and the fact that the e-mail mentioned Nigeria, I would have fell for it, at least initially.

I remember about 10 years ago you could actually meet real people via the internet. Over the years I noticed things have gotten more and more scam oriented. A lot of those ads seem like "call girls", hookers or or just fake now. Professional-style photos of model-type girls, looking for love in the personals? Yeah, right.

You would have thought that the opposite would happen, that the internet would have improved in that sense, and in other ways. In the past 10 years the internet seems to have not improved at all, except for aesthetics, and technology, but I mean the content and character of it hasn't improved at all.
I believe it has gotten worse. Remember when mp3.com had really interesting music from unsigned artists? That's just one example, there are many, napster, etc.

Another weird thing I've noticed over the years is that people increasingly say that don't like "typing" or "writing" e-mail, etc. I think some day in the future our whole means of communicating is going to have very little to do with writing or reading.

What the hell are they doing on the internet if they don't like writing! I think in many ways e-mail and the internet has forced more people to read and write, perhaps people who would have never done so. However, the art of letter writing is dead. Most people have no concern for the way in which they construct an e-mail letter, they're usually just like big run on sentences, no paragraphs. Yikes.

I digress...

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I actually got a valentine poem from a Nigerian banker. was very bizarre but funny stuff.

Did you actually tell this girl you dreamed of her?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join