It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Arrests Two After Raiding Office of Obama's Pick for Information Officer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
FBI Arrests Two After Raiding Office of Obama's Pick for Information Officer

www.foxnews.com...

FBI agents have made two arrests after raiding the D.C. office of the man tapped to be President Obama's chief information officer, sources told FOX News.

The agents on Thursday morning raided the office of Vivek Kundra, who was leaving his post as the D.C. chief technology officer to join the administration. The investigation is related to allegations of corruption, one source said, but is not targeting Kundra.

FBI agents arrested a District of Columbia government worker, Yusuf Acar, as well as Sushil Bansal, who works for a company called Advanced Integrated Technologies Corp, sources said. Both are expected in court later Thursday.

FBI spokeswoman Lindsay Gotwin would not describe the nature of the probe.

"It's an ongoing law enforcement investigation," she said.

The investigation is related to allegations of corruption, one source said, but at this point is not targeting Vivek Kundra.

Heck I don't know??????

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

WASHINGTON (AP) - An aide to President Barack Obama is on leave from his White House job after the FBI raided his old District of Columbia government office Thursday, arresting a city employee and a technology consultant on corruption charges, a White House official said.

The charges were lodged against the two men at a federal court hearing as the FBI finished searching the city's technology office, which was led until recently by Obama's new computer chief, Vivek Kundra.

Kundra is on leave from his White House job until further details of the case become known, according to a White House official speaking on condition of anonymity because the official did not want to publicly discuss personnel matters.

At the court hearing, Yusuf Acar, the acting chief security officer in the city's technology office, was ordered held without bond pending a hearing Tuesday. Prosecutors said $70,000 in cash was found during a search of Acar's Washington home and that he posed a serious flight risk.

Technology consultant Sushil Bansal of Dunn Loring, Va., was released but was ordered not to conduct overseas financial transactions or leave the Washington metropolitan area. Bansal is due back in court on April 21, and prosecutors said they were hopeful that a plea agreement could be reached in his case.

Acar worked under Kundra, Obama's pick to coordinate federal computer systems. Obama spokesman Robert Gibbs would not say whether the White House knew the investigation was under way when it named Kundra last week, but called the case

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Wow. Just Wow.

Posed a Flight risk? where are these guys from? Yusuf is an Arab name and Kandra and Sushil sound Indian. Ordered not to make international transactions? Not even Western Union?
Obama sure knows how to pick 'em. Absolutely puzzling.

Does anybody else feel like the FBI is the ONLY entity in Washington on OUR side? They've had so many high level take-downs like this lately and I'd just like to applaud their recent efforts. Can I get a second?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Already a thread about this here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Would love for you to add your comments and I don't think that first source has been posted.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
As stated above, another thread exists for this topic.

Please add any relevant comments to it.

Thread closed.

Edit to add: My bad, the other thread is in the breaking news section, which means both threads stay open.

Carry on.

[edit on 12-3-2009 by GAOTU789]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Authorities say Acar and Bansal, along with others, defrauded the government through a variety of schemes, including billing the city for items that were never delivered and "ghost" contract employees who did not work. The scheme involved Acar approving falsified bills and splitting the money with vendors including Bansal, who submitted them, court documents alleged.

They worked under Kundra, yet he knows nothing, isn't that always the way?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Sorry about that - I'll be following this thread too =)

Second Line: Dance Party!

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

OH I was wondering, what was going on,

Hey it's still open , whoopie, lol

new topics

top topics

join