It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Shuttle Blows Up!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Its so easy to criticize other countries isn't it, I'll bet that you feel better now that you have made fun of another culture, hmmm? You diss something you know nothing about, just to feel less insecure. You make fun of others because others make fun of you, can't you see that they make insult you because they want to feel bigger themselves? You can't even insult someone to their face, like those bullies of yours do, you have to do it electronically, through a computer so that there is no chance of retribution, on their part. Just calm down, take a deep breath... you need to look at yourself, and realize that you don't need to accept what others say, you need to accept yourself.

Other people are different from you, and those differences are to be accepted, just as your differences should be accepted. All of this hate going back and forth on this forum sickens me, can't you just accept others as they are, what you say about them isn't going to change them.

e-nonymous: why say

What's your home country? Your half russian/jew... were you born in russia? The country us americans have to #ing support because they're to #ing stupid to figure out their own economy problem's?

does it really help anything, do you think people will think you are "cool" because of this flame. I admit, what $tranger said about Columbia was bad, but he took it back, it was an instinctive reaction. He did not in any way make fun of the crew and he did not make light of the tragedy, he said what he said because he was upset, it was his reaction to the accident. Imagine, the first Israeli in space, the representative of his religion and the shuttle crashes... what would you do. This is a conspiracy forum, anyone frequenting it will immediately expect anything happening to have a conspiracy behind it, it was his first reaction, he was grieving, now he has thought about it and sobered up, accept his apology, I will not criticize $tranger for his words, I have heard much worse from those who yelled at him for them, you know who you are.

I wish people would just take responsibility for their problems, instead of taking out their frusturations on others.

Please.

Everyone has different ways of coping and I guess we've seen a couple of them here.

XAOS

P.S. Sorry, 'bout the rant, I just am really really sickened by all the ignorant hate I see here, I wish people would just get to know others and themselves better.

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 12:56 PM
link   
No the peice that came off in launch was not considered a threat and probably isn't the culpret, besides when it came off in launch, there really wasn't much they could do about it if it did cause the problem, they were pretty close to the close of their abort window.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by xaos

it was an instinctive reaction.

Instinctive ? May be.... But if $tranger can have some " instinctives " reactions, e-nonymous has the same right !

Ok xaos ?

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 01:35 PM
link   
It is truly a sad event. I heard about it going to lunch after my haircut. It sounds like it was a possible terroist attack, bnut I doubt al-Qaida. An Isreali is onboard and they lose contact and it blows. I doubt that the Isreaili did it, or had something to do with it. I do not blame NASA. NASA had no clue that it was going to blow. Saying that it is NASA's fault is like saying it was America's fault that 9/11 happened.

May God bless the crewmen's families.

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 01:42 PM
link   
A satelite picked up a large heat spike right before this all happened. The satelite is used for finding missile's or bomb's that go off. so we know that it exploded now they just have to figure out how.
The shuttle was doing 80 to 90 degree turn's to slow down? doe that sound right at 12,500 mph?
Will post more as I find it.

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 03:10 PM
link   
you know whats wierd is that this week is the anniversary of the columbia accident in 1986 and the apollo accident in 1967

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 03:16 PM
link   
that is weird

XAOS

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 04:10 PM
link   
"Some people come into our lives, leave footprints on our hearts,
and we are never the same".

Unknown

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Accident,

I agree with MT69 on the probable causes...

My condolences, to the families of the astronauts...

P.S: I think they should really start thinking on using newer, more up date ships than the almost 25 year old space shuttle...
Everything always has to be perfectly done and calculated for those shuttles to go up and come back. The smallest thing could cause an accident and has done so today...

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 04:39 PM
link   
What the heck is you guys' problem?!?!?!?!?! Columbia was 39, count um, 39 miles up. The only thing that could blow that out of the sky was an energy weapon, and if the US hasn't even got it right yet, I strongly doubt some third rate country can do it. Considering they don't even build the bulk of their mass weapons, unstead stealing, or buying them on the black market. What the hell, guys? You think their is "a devil behind every door post" or something? You are the same as chicken little continuously screaming "the sky is falling." Lay off the booz and dope and let your brain cells recoup. Not every catastropy is a terrorist act, it's just a stupid accident. They happen, you know. Like when you are running late and accidentally get coffee on your shirt or something. Give it a rest. The sky isn't falling.

regs out...

"If chicken little said that the sky was falling
even if it wasn't would you still come crawling
back to me, I bet you would my friend
again and again and again
Living on the edge."

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Well since the sensors stoped working on the left wing. And the insulating foam fell onto the left wing at launch knocking off a few tiles. I would say that this is the most likely cause at this point.

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 05:16 PM
link   
yeah, that's my opinion too, the heat shield was damaged on launch and it gave out on re-entry

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 07:22 PM
link   
everything has to be perfect look at challenger it was caused by a little rubber ring

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 09:28 PM
link   
everything in this world happens for a reason. in this case it's still unknown, i dont think it was just an accident, america makes too many god damn mistakes.

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 09:37 PM
link   
and FU to the person who called them "towel heads" if your white, how would you like it if someone called you a white devil... then shut up...

for real though, you people need to lay off that crack coc aine because it kills... how in the world is this terrorism??? terrorism by poor arabs? no... terrorism by usa govnment? possible.

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRoT
everything in this world happens for a reason. in this case it's still unknown, i dont think it was just an accident, america makes too many god damn mistakes.

Well if other countries had a shuttle program then maybe we could compare safety records. But wait no one else does.
Space flight isn't routine, there is always a chance ( I have read 1 in 475 ) of something going wrong.

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Bandit i heard form Several differant sourchs today (news sourches) that even though the shuttle was the oldest in the fleet. It was no where NEAR the same vehicle it was at the start..as a matter of fact just about the only thing that was orginal was the airframe..( which is almsot completely xrayed after every flight..)

So please guys lets not degrade the braves souls that perished today by 2nd guessing and armchair QBing this whole event..I am gonna bet that most of us are not NASA shuttle engineers..

My heart and prayers to the familys and friends of the Crew

Boomslang

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
terrorism by poor arabs? no... terrorism by usa govnment? possible.

I was just waiting for and idiot of your status to make a comment like this. Can I ask you, why would our government decide to down a 2.1 billion dollar spacecraft and kill 6 of its own astronauts? Especially when our economy is unstable and we are on the brink of war? Really, what the hell good would this do for us? Now our government has to spend a few thousand dollars for search and recovery, investigations, ect. It's pretty sick how every tragedy is blamed on us and when we do something good for ourselves or for the rest of the world all we get in return are we watching our flag being burned on CNN and pure hatred. You guys really need to learn how to respect America and stop feeling sorry for yourselves because your nation is shyt.

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Thank goodness for sane voices in here. The woo-woos are out in force on the airwaves and alt.conspiracy -- some kid called up Larry King and said that the shuttle was MUCH nearer the ground when it exploded.

Right. So when is a kid an expert on altitudes of fast-moving objects? How does he tell the difference between something that's 220,000 feet high and 150,000 feet high?

Attention-seekers like that give conspiracy buffs a bad name.

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 10:41 PM
link   

The shuttle was doing 80 to 90 degree turn's to slow down? doe that sound right at 12,500 mph?

That's how they slow the shuttle down. No brakes, y'know. It's done by atmospheric friction.

About the satellites -- they were military satellites monitoring the shuttle and the heat spikes were seen AFTER the shuttle started breaking up. Not before. They're not sure if the spikes are pieces of the shuttle exploding or heat from smaller pieces burning up.

reference:
story.news.yahoo.com... ory&u=/ap/20030202/ap_wo_en_ge/na_gen_us_shuttle_investigation_1

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join