It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This IS Serious! Look - Our Magnetosphere - Something is Seriously Wrong! Happening Now!

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

If you're not going to accept ANYTHING that anyone says, then why ask the questions? Nothing that anyone says will ever be good enough for you. I'm more and more convinced that you are just looking for things to run around screaming about.

What the scientists don't know is going to happen is what's going to happen when the protons COLLIDE not if it's going to rip our magnetic field apart. But you just go right on being Chicken Little and keep finding things that are going to go wrong and kill us all in horrifying ways.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Yesterday while i was sitting down i suddenly got hit by this massive wave of a reallly strange feeling and i couldn't even begin to name it.
I felt like my perceptions of reality completely gone off the charts.
Does the magnetosphere affect oneself at all?
I still feel a bit strange inside and i don't know what it is.
And now i see this. But it is of course silly of me to think entirely that I feel funny because of the magnetosphere ha but it is nonetheless interesting..
=]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I used to have dreams were gravity seemed to have turned off and i would be pulled away from the planet. Man did i really appreiciate grass then....

It would be strange for earth to lose its gravity for a small period of time. Maybe thats what killed the dinosaurs LOL. They floated to high into the sky then when the gravity came back on they died from teh fall. This is why plants and burrowing animals survived.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
reply to post by Zaphod58

You have NO Idea if that is correct or not!

The scientist that are doing it, don't even know what is going to happen.

As to the post......... of trying to keep a dying thread going............. no, I have no need to do that, nor has it been a consideration................

I thought about what is happening and also read something about LHC - and questioned..................... could one thing be causing another!

That is the point................. so I will continue to post things in this thread about the Magnetic field............. if you don't like what I post...... etc........... no one is "forcing" you to read the thread..........

I will ALWAYS - Question........... what is going on and consider many aspects of it.

...and just keep on doing it! There are us, interested readers here, who really appreciate your GENUINE curiosity...the topic about the Earth's magnetic field is fascinating, and I thank you for drawing our attention to the recent events.

[edit on 16-3-2009 by greshnik]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Well this thread just keeps on getting more and more ridiculous, honestly? We're blaming the LHC now?

This post will most likely be the last in here due to the total absurdity being brought forward.

So I'll try to make it a good one.

I said from the start that what the simulation was showing was nothing out of the ordinary.

I even found a video showing the daily magnetosphere readings with the same anomaly but this was too close to the current anomaly.

So with a bit of downloading of videos at my leisure I have found the same anomaly from the 22nd February 2005.

(click to open player in new window)

Case closed? Never!

Not when there's more ignorant fear mongering to be had!

So my last thought regarding this topic will be a picture:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bb3e8750f3d3.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I could makes a few guesses. My first is that because the sun is in sleep mode, the field becomes more evenly placed. The second and more frightning is that they are using the LHC (Large Hadron Collider) at CERN and are screwing around with time and space. The third and most scary is that there is a black hole nearby and it is influencing the field to cancel it out.

One othere thing. Has anyone sensed time speeding up and slowing down? Sometimes when I look at the seconds clicking away on the digital clock they seem to go fast and at other times slow. I say this only because time and space are related and any effect on them affects our perception of both.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Thank you!!!!!

Now, you have eased my concerns, you found one from a couple of years back............. which is awesome...............

So................ I will now say.......... then, the event that happened was not something devastating!!!

AWESOME - I feel much better..........

But, as one final word................................................

There is NEVER anything WRONG with Questioning Everything that looks abnormal and there is NOTHING WRONG with questioning what our Govt. does or does not tell us...............................

and I do not believe there is anything wrong with questioning, if the LHC - has actually been going or not..... secretly.

BUT thank you Again - Chad............. for bringing that vid to us, I can not see the date, but I will TRUST YOU on what it is!

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
If you think of the magnetic effects of the earth, then only a sizable object could effect it. Unless some Gov't has got a machine that could effect it. The only object that could effect the field of the earth in the way the pictures show is PLANET X. It would take a huge object ( a natural object ) several times the size of the earth to do this.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

The extended ellipses, just please, stop, they make it incredibly annoying to read anything you write and come off very childish. You don't need to hold it down. Commas or standard three period ellipses will do, seriously.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Parabol

Being off topic............. but wanting to reply...........

It is the WAY I write................ so, then if you do not like it, I suggest you put me on "ignore".................... but it is MY Personality............. and I will stay doing as I please - on how I post!

So, please do put me on ignore.................. if the WAY I write "annoys" you!

Have a Great DAY!..........................

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

When i imagine your voice in my mind you sound like the current dalai lama. Seems like you conciously or unconciously mimick his voice.

or im just wrong.

[edit on 16-3-2009 by Wertdagf]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

The problem you are exhibiting, is that not only are you off topic, but you are not using the accepted discussion methods.

For example, I am using relatively good grammar and spelling. My reply isn't littered with 'full stops', or commas. As such, I come off as being someone that has the ability to use reasoned thought, logical discussion and articulate language to get my point across.

Suggesting that people click the ignore button on your post, could mean a LOT of people ignore you, and that would prevent you from being heard ever again. It could also mean you find out just how many people are interested in reading what you have to say.

I for one am very curious about this topic. Astronomy and Astro-physics are two of my hobbies, and as such I appreciate the debate that has centred around this issue. In short, I would appreciate it if you could exercise a little more maturity when responding to the rest of us...

I've said my peice.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Has anyone tried to get in touch with someone from any of the world's astronomical societies about this issue?

I am positive that someone out there must know something about this.

I haven't read the whole thread, so might have missed if this question has been posed or even answered previously. If so, could someone u2u me and give me a link please?

I'm lazy I know, but it's late, and I'm tired.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I remembered that i had seen a movie with the similar type of event a year ago. It looks waaaay weirder than the one in this topic

here it is: www.youtube.com...

[edit on 16/3/2009 by digalog]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Think of it this way. If it were serious, the scientists would have spoken up by now. If they were trying to *hide* something, they'd have hidden these images, or made fake ones that looked OK. So, this is probably nothing much to worry about.

To my understanding, our magnetosphere is highly influenced by the sun's activity, not just the usual "solar wind" that comes, but also by solar flares, sunspots, etc. There are often huge bursts of ions coming from the sun, which would play havoc with the magnetosphere.

Also, note that the images are simulations. They're a computer's representation of data. They're not actual photographs.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Here is an article explaining what caused the magnetic field to get messed up. Something about an explosion on the sun...

www.astrobio.net...

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiron613
Think of it this way. If it were serious, the scientists would have spoken up by now.

Just like they did with the latest near miss asteroid? The one that recieved hardly any attention? The one that many people didn't know about until AFTER it had flown by us?

You know the saying, "when you assume something..."? Well, like financial investments, I wouldn't put too many chips in that one basket, friend. Even the 'experts' get it wrong from time to time. They're just human.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Chadwickus, Thanks for your considerable amount of research on this subject. I wanted to reply to this quote you provided about the 1959 perfect solar storm. I have to wonder how they determined the size and speed of this solar event that took place back in 1859 without satellites, but I guess they had their ways. Apparently our scientific community was monitoring the sun closely even way back then. I found this article on the subject from NASA.

science.nasa.gov...

What happened in 1859 was a combination of several events that occurred on the Sun at the same time. If they took place separately they would be somewhat notable events. But together they caused the most potent disruption of Earth's ionosphere in recorded history. "What they generated was the perfect space storm," says Bruce Tsurutani, a plasma physicist at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory.

What transpired during the dog days of summer 1859, across the 150 million-kilometer (about 93 million-mile) chasm of interplanetary space that separates the Sun and Earth, was this: on August 28, solar observers noted the development of numerous sunspots on the Sun's surface. Sunspots are localized regions of extremely intense magnetic fields. These magnetic fields intertwine, and the resulting magnetic energy can generate a sudden, violent release of energy called a solar flare. From August 28 to September 2 several solar flares were observed. Then, on September 1, the Sun released a mammoth solar flare. For almost an entire minute the amount of sunlight the Sun produced at the region of the flare actually doubled.

"With the flare came this explosive release of a massive cloud of magnetically charged plasma called a coronal mass ejection," said Tsurutani. "Not all coronal mass ejections head toward Earth. Those that do usually take three to four days to get here. This one took all of 17 hours and 40 minutes," he noted.

I have to wonder, if we have this recorded event occurring but a mere 150 years ago, how many times has such an event occurred in the history of mankind, and of the Earth, and what are the possibilities of even bigger events.

We know radiation causes birth defects, I have to wonder how much of evolution has been effected by such events. I have to wonder if these types of events are also accommodated by intense or higher periods of mutation.

It is well known that microscopic life is very vulnerable to sun light and radiation. A low powered UV light will do a decent job of sterilizing an area. I imagine microscopic life, being much more vulnerable to these charges than larger more complicated forms of life, experiences very large fluctuations during such events. What does these occasional solar radiations of the Earth by the sun do as far as cleaning out viruses and bacteria on our planet? How does that affect evolution and the spread of diseases on our planet?

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Michael Potts (Mikeonline) from the planetxforecast.com... message board found an interesting article which just adds to the hype.

Quote "Another great flood: time to build an ark?
19:27 | 13/ 11/ 2008

MOSCOW. (Andrei Kislyakov, scientific commentator, for RIA Novosti) - The world geological community is warning that today's seismic activity on our planet is nothing compared with what's to come.

Over the past three years, Pakistan, for example, has been hit by dozens of earthquakes. In March 2005, 80,000 people died under the rubble there. On October 30, the last time nature went on the rampage, there were hundreds of victims. Tens of thousands of people drowned during an overwhelming Asian tsunami at the end of 2004. China and Afghanistan have been rocked by quakes again more recently.

These natural disasters, which have swept our planet in recent years, indicate that the world has entered an era not only of a political, but also of climatic instability. Most scientists - biologists and environmentalists - tend to blame the human race for the catastrophic climate change on the Earth. No doubt, the greenhouse effect due to industrial activity plays a considerable role in global warming, but there are other reasons worth considering.

The Earth is rotating around its own axis slower. The International Earth Rotation Service has regularly added a second or two to the length of a 24-hour day in recent years.

This is the main reason, according to Igor Kopylov, professor at Moscow Energy Institute, why the planet - a gigantic electrical machine - has had its energy balance upset. He expressed this viewpoint in 2004. Kopylov is convinced that the Earth has entered the first phase of a global change. A weakening of the Earth's magnetic field was first registered early in the 20th century, and a consistent drop in the speed of rotation, in the late 1980s and early 1990s. It has been established that when the Earth's rotation slows by one second a year, it releases a tremendous amount of heat, hundreds of times the volume of energy released by human industrial activity.

If we accept that all processes on Earth run according to cosmic cycles, which, in turn, depend on the Solar System's position in our Galaxy, then humankind may be facing another Great Flood.

The Solar System, including the Earth, travels through the Galaxy in spiraling elliptic paths. The cycle time for the larger spiral is 200-210 million years, and for the smaller one, which determines minor galactic cycles, 26,000 years. Correspondingly, half a cycle lasts 130 centuries. This period almost exactly coincides with the date of the last Flood, the occurrence of which was real. The myths and legends of many peoples including that of the Bible recorded the event.

The Flood has been dated rather precisely: at 11,100 BC. If we accept that the civilized society on Earth has been developing for 400,000 years, then this period saw 30 great floods, and we are witnessing the beginnings of the thirty-first flood.

The cosmic cycles are so gigantically long by human standards that they have little impact on the life of people, but the active initial phase of the galactic cycle is of vital importance for the development of civilization. In the view of Russian scientists, the Earth currently finds itself at precisely this point in the cycle."

Article link: en.rian.ru...

[edit on 17-3-2009 by f3rm1N]

[edit on 17-3-2009 by f3rm1N]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I didn't read all the posts, but I was wondering if anybody has looked at the movies at that site. I think it explains it as probably normal, but I'm certainly no expert. Pretty interesting to say the least.

Check out the movies at www2.nict.go.jp...

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join