It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This IS Serious! Look - Our Magnetosphere - Something is Seriously Wrong! Happening Now!

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Yes, I have noticed, it is not maintaining its "normal" state for too long also, during the day. Right now, it is not in a "normal" state either.

Regarding your pics......... they will ONLY show up, if you use the ATS media, otherwise, will always be "outside links"

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I'm no expert, but I know solar activity can cause temporary changes, TEMPORARY, that can affect the magnetic field. Severe malformations can cause problems with satilites and power transmission lines but it goes right back to normal.

Of course you can't directly observe these lines, you infer them, so I'd also ask whether the reporting site got a little glitch and maybe misrepresented the severity of the bending for a little while.

In any case, there can be serious consequences to solar storms interacting with the magnetosphere, but there's been no significant problems since this post went up, the space station is still there, XM radio and various satellite phone services are going strong, and NASA is even putting more stuff up. I'm not too worried but you can head to the bunker if you like.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
NOW......................

I have a question.....................

Let me ask you, it seems our Magnetic Field has recently been doing very weird and odd things, as the pictures show and a vid, Chad put up showed on March 4th 2009............

So NOW THE QUESTION..........................

Could "in fact" - the Collider in Switzerland - "actually be working" - though they keep putting back the "turn on date" due to "problems"............................

Could that NOT be true?

Because of the hoopla and public being against the Hadron Collider, they have hidden the fact that they have it working?

Could they in fact, have it working and it is messing with our Magnetosphere?

This is a question..................... have they done something............. because our Magnetosphere has been doing odd things.....................................

Something to think about..............

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
No its not working, but Tevatron is in Illinois.
Or maybe just to be sure you can go to Switzerland to find out.
Seriously nothing is happening chillax.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Sorry i havent been around, im still very interested in whats going on here!
Im going to do a crash course in the collider cuz i only have msm info on it, and i think what i saw was last year, so i want to google it, and check a few things so i understand what it is.
Do you have any sites of interest about it?
any one i should check before any others?

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by guinnessford

You can do all kinds of searches on it........... they seem to say this leak or that leak, is preventing it from actually going "full speed ahead" BUT considering - we have had changes in our Magnetic field over the last month or so..............................

I just put out that thought...................... What if..............

also............ do you REALLY TRUST what the govts and MSM says?

If you question, them always telling the truth on matters, then doesn't it make sense to question, if the collider has actually been started..................

Wouldn't they possibly hide that fact, due to the general public not liking the idea, besides many other scientist?

Would it be a conspiracy............. YES, but it should also make you think..................... seriously....................... WHAT IF?

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
What it is doing right now

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/64c42e08c413.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

What exactly are they trying to accomplish with it?
I found 2 sites that explain kind of how it works, but nothing with what its full purpose is.
Thats if they want the full purpose to be known.
And no, i dont trust the msm. At all!

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Do you mean the LHC? They're going to create micro-black holes and try to get an idea of what happened during the first instants of the big bang.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

That is the whole thing............. I am not saying anything........... but asking a question.................... WHAT IF?

What they are trying to accomplish?........... They are trying to "Play God", accomplish the "big bang" theory!

No one knows for sure, what the ultimate result will be........... but many scientist are completely Against it!!

They say..... black holes could be created etc..... the problem is... they are messing with something, no one knows the outcome of......... even the people doing it............. it will be an "experiment".

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Wow, that seems like alot of money for something that will give us information that will be useful when? the next big bang?
Hmm.
Thats all, or is there any other purpose?
It looks like an awesome piece of technology, that maybe couldve been used for something a little more important.
I dont know what, but im sure the energy and money couldve made something with a larger contribution to society.
only my opinion, though.
Kinda doesnt make sense to me to study something like that that only happened once, and we probably wont live through if it happens aagain.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

That's not "all" it will do, but anything that improves our understanding of the universe is a good thing. The LHC will have many beneficial side effects as well. They're hoping to prove or disprove MANY theories, and create a Higgs-Boson particle.

en.wikipedia.org...
lhc.web.cern.ch...
public.web.cern.ch...

As for many scientists being against it, several of those that are against it have NOTHING to do with this kind of experimentation, and have little understanding of the physics involved. Several are just fear mongering by claiming that the black holes created will destroy the earth.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Thats fine with me, having more purposes than just to find out about the big bang.
And thats only my stance, needing to feed and help people in other ways with some of that cash.
But im a softie for that stuff, you know, the whole taking care of people!
Im not taking away from its importance at all, just not what id spend it on, and i agree thaty finding more about the universe is a big thing.
That thing looks huge too.
What powers it, i think i read it has its own power station too.
Are there a collaborative of scientists that work it?
Im sorry for all these questions, my computer at work is kind of limited, and a little slow.
I think the bandwith here is crimped, and there are some restrictions on what i can view also.
I cant wait to get home later to really check out all the potential for it.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Here is info on the citizens AGAINST the LHC:

www.lhcdefense.org...

Some experts fear that the risk of operating the LHC disproportionately outweighs anything science might gain from this experiment. It is not possible to know what the outcome of the experiment will be, but even CERN (the European Organization for Nuclear Research) scientists concede that there is a real possibility of creating destructive theoretical anomalies such as miniature black holes, strangelets and deSitter space transitions. These events have the potential to fundamentally alter matter and destroy our planet.

www.lhcfacts.org...

CERN plans for 10TeV center of mass collision energies in 2009, more than 5 times greater than ever created at rest on Earth before.* Compliance with recommendations to review collision results after each 100% energy increase would permit center of mass collision energies of only 4TeV before fully reviewing results.

Visiting Professor of Physics Dr. Otto E. Rössler, University of Türbingen, F.R.G, creator of Chaos Theory’s Rössler Attractor and founder of Endophysics
“miniblack holes as are expected to be produced soon at the Large Hadron Collider at CERN.” [1]

“To publicize the danger because time is running out is a big decision.” [2]

“ …after 50 months the earth to a centimeter would have shrunk. It would be nothing more there, not only no more life, there but also the earth would be… a small black hole.” [3]

you can search "scientist against LHC" on google, lots come up.

So AGAIN................ since so MANY people are AGAINST it............................. could they have ACTUALLY started it in secret................... and THAT is what is Messing with our Magnetic Field?

And that is a VALID QUESTION!

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Nothing is "messing" with the magnetosphere. There is no indication that it is behaving in any manner that is out of the ordinary.

Basing your fearful speculation on a simulation is ignorant. Do you understand that the effects of a true distortion of the magnetic field such as we saw would result in massive power outages, and breakdowns in communication. The shuttle had a successful launch yesterday. Do you think they would have launched if there were any danger presented by our "messed up" magnetosphere?

2 + 2 does not equal 3.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Actually that is not true, look at the pictures in the original OP, if you can say, nothing is abnormal there...................... then you aren't see what I am seeing.............

Show, me something from a YEAR or Two ago................... of it doing what it did.................. not something recent.................

Then I will believe nothing is happening.......................... otherwise...............

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
No they wouldnt turn it on in secret. Why do we spread fear unecesarily and cosistantly. Firstly the magnetosphere is behaving exactly as it should, no more no less. Secondly why pick the LHC? = For a headline! Particle collision is not a new toy its been going on for a while now. Why not pick a running collider to link with your arguments it would make things seem less alarmist. Good way to keep a dying thread running though, someone did their advertising masters.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

There is ZERO chance of the LHC affecting the magnetic field in any way. The inside of the tunnel is heavily shielded. The magnets used are smaller than the magnets used in nuclear medicine.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Unless you can compare to previous minimums(10-12) years ago your argument is null and void. The site only lists data from the decline of the last maximum. The magnetic field is weaker ATM and your image is just showing that the field is contracting into it's true form as if their was no solar wind.

I posted earlier a link to models of what it would look like when the poles would switch. You would see erratic multiple poles forming. At all times the true poles are static here. At the time of your image you can see that the solar wind is virtually gone.... letting the field normalize briefly. I'd call it the calm before the storm.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

You have NO Idea if that is correct or not!

The scientist that are doing it, don't even know what is going to happen.

As to the post......... of trying to keep a dying thread going............. no, I have no need to do that, nor has it been a consideration................

I thought about what is happening and also read something about LHC - and questioned..................... could one thing be causing another!

That is the point................. so I will continue to post things in this thread about the Magnetic field............. if you don't like what I post...... etc........... no one is "forcing" you to read the thread..........

I will ALWAYS - Question........... what is going on and consider many aspects of it.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join