It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Government/Abolition of Organized Religion Essay

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I have been brainstorming ideas for an essay for an independant study anthropology credit and was interested to see what kind of feedback I may get on ATS, from both sides. The opening is as follows:

Sometimes I am astounded at the short-sightedness of this planet’s “most advanced” beings. Since the dawn of complex thought we have done nothing but procure better ways to eradicate one another. We notice, and dwell on insignificant differences amongst ourselves, never content to accept the fact that we are all equals. For some reason unbeknownst to me, we feel the need to always be either leading or following, never really working together. We have to have people in control to “keep the masses at bay”. We fight wars over resources, land, religion, and a seemingly endless list of trivial factors, as though trying to find excuses to delay cooperation. Conspiracy theorists and pessimists worldwide would have anyone that will listen believe that any attempt at a worldwide government, or worldwide currency is nothing other than the “powers that be” taking yet another step towards the enslavement of the human race as a whole. Myself personally, I believe that a One World Government, and the abolition of organized religion is exactly what we, as a species, need in order to not only survive in this ever changing global society, but to thrive within it. Religion is a crutch that humanity has leaned upon for too long a time. The belief in the supernatural has always been a way for the ignorant to explain things which they cannot understand, or are not willing to invest the time and effort required to comprehend. In addition to contributing to closed mindedness, religion, due to its deep seated inclusion into the human psyche brings about primal, animalistic defense mechanisms in those who wholly embrace religion whenever challenged. It is for this reason, above all others that I firmly believe that without extricating religion from society entirely, the Human race is destined to continue in a meaningless, war ravaged manner. I desire to demonstrate how religion and localized government promote individualism and cliques over global cooperation, and as such inhibit the human race from reaching its fullest potential, while also showing that division via these arbitrary reasons is not only impractical and unnatural, but also detrimental to the future of the species.

join