It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain should continue to give assistance to China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Britain should continue to give assistance to China

www.guardian.co.uk

Britain should continue to give development assistance to China despite the phenomenal growth in prosperity which has seen the Far Eastern giant overtake the UK and Germany to become the world's third largest economy, MPs have said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
How crazy is this?? China is carrying American debt, buying bonds left, right and centre. Yet Britain has to contine giving China aid (between £5 to £10 million a year) till 2015 to save chinese people from poverty. Isn't China communist, shouldn't its wealth be shared amongst its people equally. China's economy is one of the strongest during this depression, while the rest of the worlds economies are shrinking at alarming rates, were sending millions to a country that dosn't need it IMO.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-3-2009 by Kurokage]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I can't believe no one has posted anything about this. China has one of the largest and fastest growing economies, yet us in the west are having to subsadise them and have been for years!! why is this still going on during this serious recession!!

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Well, China is "communist" in name only.

They kept the authoritarian part, but ditched the actual communism...

From your article:

Inequality is wider than in any of the OECD countries, with the richest 10% of the population enjoying 35% of total income, while the poorest 10% has less than 2%.

Still, I'm not sure why the UK is sending aid to a country that is rapidly becoming an economic superpower, it does seem strange.

Maybe it's guilt over the Opium Wars, where the UK invaded China because the Chinese wouldn't let them sell drugs to the Chinese population.

It's as if Colombia invaded the US to sell coc aine without interference

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Kurokage

they are the next super power on the block with India
and what better way to get in Bed with them then
keep them happy even so we dont have the money to give away like its nothing,

think of it this way, when the US goes down the toilet
we will have China and India to fall back on

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
That’s nothing, where giving India £825 million over the next three years in aid to the poor. And what I really don’t get is that it’s administration and people still haven’t got over the whole you belong to the Empire thing. In fact last I heard they still wanted us all dead even after us letting them win at cricket for all these years???

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I think that if the goverment has this money for international aid it should be going to places like Africa and Afghanistan not to two of the biggest growing economies in the world.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
China isn't communist,it is fascist and capitalist.As for Britain,i cant stand it and im moving as soon as i get the money.Im quite fond of the conspiracy that the British empire still exists,atleast economically,quite alot of evidence to back it up..i think we are ditching our 6 foot 8 three hundred pound stooge ie America and moving on to pastures green ie China and probably India.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The real situation is not what it appears to be, although China's and India's economies "were" growing faster than others it is still not enough to keep pace with their populations demands it would wipe out any of their cash reserve to keep their massive populations feed and clothed.

China is making a smart move for their future by investing their money wisely yes in the American economy. They know that it is still the safest place to invest.

I always enjoy hearing these discussion about how the US is going down the toilet and that China is the next super power well if that is true then why I ask you does China put it's money into something that is obvious to everybody here at ATS is going to fail?

I agree with the OP they should invest all their resources into their own economies both India and China but you will quickly see how little they will have left over to invest anywhere and they would not have gained an inch economically that really is how weighed down they are by their shear numbers.

Factor that in and they are relatively poor compared to the rest of the world.

Besides it's still the case of whats good for the American economy is good for the world and that will not change anytime soon. The faster we get the US going the faster we can get everyone else's going whether people agree with that or not it's still true. Good Bad or indifferent!

So short term yeah it sucks but long term it will help keep everybody's economies going and in turn they will buy Chinese products again and they can keep their 1.6 billion people happy.

[edit on 13-3-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Here is an interesting story

news.bbc.co.uk...

"We have prepared enough ammunition and we can launch new economic stimulus policies at any time." Opening the annual session of the National People's Congress nine days ago, Mr Wen had said that this year would be the most difficult China has faced this century.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotexStill, I'm not sure why the UK is sending aid to a country that is rapidly becoming an economic superpower, it does seem strange.

That seems strange to you?

Hmm, let's see.... A country that is facing a hard depression giving aid to a new economic superpower?

Well, gee, what could thay gain out of that?

Hmmmm.......

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I say when they give us back Hong Kong, we'll talk. And then send in the Mongols.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngelInterceptor
Well, gee, what could thay gain out of that?

Hmmmm.......

Yeah I guess you do have a point.

Especially considering the historical & trade contexts, it's in the UK's interest to cultivate goodwill in China.

join