It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Demands End of U.S. Navy Surveillance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   

China Demands End of U.S. Navy Surveillance

www.foxnews.com

BEIJING — China's Defense Ministry has demanded that the U.S. Navy end surveillance missions off the country's southern coast following a weekend confrontation between an American vessel and Chinese ships.

In its first public comment on the Sunday episode, the ministry repeated earlier statements from the Foreign Ministry that the unarmed U.S. ship was operating illegally inside China's exclusive economic zone when it was challenged by three Chinese government ships and two Chinese-flagged trawlers.

"The Chinese side's carrying out of routine enforcement and safeguarding measures within its exclusive economic zone was entirely appropriate and legal," ministry spokesman Huang Xueping said in a statement faxed overnight to reporters.

"We demand the United States respect our legal interests and security concerns, and take effective measures to prevent a recurrence of such incidents," Huang said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
The American empire is starting to anger the People's republic of China. We already are increasing are presence in Afghanistan and now we are pissing off the Chinese. Could this be a spark to ignite world war three? i sure hope not. im so sick of all this, we need to come home and protect ourselves from any enemy.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
We're going to everywhere except where we should be.

That check we're writing?
It's gonna come up "insufficient funds."

- Lee

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I have heard people say time and time again about certain factions should not poke a hornets nest unless they want to be stung.

I think China is a little more dangerous than a hornets nest and the US might want to drop the stick

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Previously Posted Here: Thread

Closing

Semper

top topics

join