It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man goes over Niagara Falls and lives.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Man goes over Niagara Falls and lives.

www.wivb.com

NIAGARA FALLS, ONT (WIVB) - It has only happened a few times in recorded history. Wednesday night, a man is alive after going over Niagara Falls.

The man went over Niagara Falls, then spent 45 minutes in the frigid waters of the Niagara and lived.

Niagara Parks Police Sergeant Chris Gallagher said, "It would appear that he did this of his own accord. The witness did see him climb the railing of his own accord and enter into the water above."

Just after 2:00 p.m., Toronto resident Konstantin Shatalov watched as the man went into the rapids and then over the Canadian Horshoe Falls.

Shatalov said, "I thought I imagined it, I actually looked around. There were a bunch of people and nobody seemed to notice. So, I was thinking, 'did I see it, was it for real?' So it took me about ten seconds, I called 9-1-1, and then other people ran from the top and saw the guy floating toward it so other people did see it."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
This is the third time in history someone has survived the falls... Is this just a symptom of the times in which we live. Imagine how the this man is being treated right now. I could not even imagine the feeling of jumping into the 34 degree water and waiting to take the plunge. may this be a way to distract the public from the truth. i dont know.

www.wivb.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
So was this a suicide attempt or what?

I guess he didn't want to be raised up into the helicopter because he was naked!

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Nick_X

I've had my shorts ripped off more than once while body surfing in the ocean and being clobbered by outsider waves. Once the shorts stayed on, but everything but the waistband was torn to shreds from tumbling on the bottom after getting pounded.

This guy was awfully luck to survive the fall, but survived hypothermia that would take most people out in a few minutes.

new topics

top topics

join