It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neel Kashkari Testimony 11-03-2009

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Today on C-SPAN, during the House of Representative Oversight Subcommittee on Domestic Policy,
While testifying under oath, in "explaining" the "new plan" of public/private funding, Interim Assistant Treasury Secretary for Financial Stability, Neel Kashkari, stated,
(Paraphrasing).
that the "private funds" would consist of retirement plans, employee investment plans, mutual funds, etc..., and that this private investment would basically be from the American People.

These funds would be spent side by side as investments along with tax payer TARP (and additional funds) to give confidence, and promote healthy banking practices since the private sector would lose or gain from these investments hand in hand.

This was during the first panel question and answer session, yet, it seems not one representative on the panel questioned this response.

It seems to me that, if the TARP (and additional funds) are to be more secure knowing that any losses or gains would be shared with private investments, that, in reality,
what he (Kashkari) is stating is that,
if these funds lose value or become worthless, the tax payer funds will have been lost, as well as the tax payers retirement and other invested funds.

This is like pilfering all the TARP funds and all of the retirements and other employee vested funds at the same time, or alternately, gain of. - (hmm..I guess it could happen)

How much faith can be put on matching TARP with other "private investments" that are basically from the same pool, by other names?

The way Kashkari's response was voiced, it would be a shame if no panel members was to
decipher this smoke and mirrors dog and pony show of a response.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard what I heard.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
would that mean that if this TARP and Private investments Fail to stimulate, there is potential risk of retirement savings Bleeding Us further? Did i read that right?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Good insight! It is obvious that no amount of capital will satisfy the black hole that we have been referring to as The National Debt.

As all of the elite and fianciers move thier money to safe havens, The Fed will be on a money hunt. Just picture it in your mind...it is like a treasure map to them...and the chest of gold is private retirement funds!
X marks the spot!

S&F!

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Somehow, I don't see this going over to well.

Could this be the decision that Biden was talking about? Obama being tested?

So what are the predictions for the response to this action?

top topics

join