It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Local government steals 12 horses without investigation.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
A family recently moved along with their 30 horses from Colorado, USA to a 40 acre ranch in New Hampshire, USA.

The NHSPCA asked to inspect their property because the mailman saw a horse put his hoof through the fence for apparently a few minutes and interpreted the hoof as being stuck though in fact the Travis family believes the horse was simply horsing around.

The Travis family refused inspection, because they were not interested in government agents snooping on their property. The SPCA then got a warrant and seized their 12 most valuable horses, failing to so much as look at the remaining 18 horses. They were race horses worth from 12 to 150 thousand dollars. The SPCA said they cannot say anything about it because their investigation is incomplete. During the raid the police violated several laws, including covering up license plate numbers of certain vehicles and going inside the house despite there being nothing in the warrant about being allowed inside the house.

Essentially, they stole the horses and decided they would conduct the investigation later, after the horses have now been traumatized no doubt by the large-scale move. All because a horse put his hoof in the fence for a few minutes, apparently on purpose. In fact the Travis families previous Colorado veterinarian had found all of the horses to be in quite good shape. He stated while a few of them were underweight they had adequate food and were simply not big eaters. Their current residence had very large amounts of bales of hay on their property.

More detail is available by listening to Monday Free Talk Live episode at:
www.freetalklive.com...

Additional commentary was added for Tuesday and today.

Lowlights of the investigation were taped by Brian Travis during the raid:

[edit on 11-3-2009 by truthquest]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
This is the reason why I have a Bill of Rights sign on my front door and back door.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
This is the reason why I have a Bill of Rights sign on my front door and back door.

Psh. They don't give a damn about the piece of toilet paper on your doors.

This is why I have a 308 and a discreetly sandbagged position on the balcony. Nothing sends a message like lead.

Just try and steal my horse and see what happens...

You'll be treated just like a horse thief. If the shot doesn't kill ya, the noose will.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
And this, ladies and gentlemen, happened in the 'Live Free or Die' state. Which, by the way, was among the first to file 10th Amendment resolutions. Just goes to show...

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Get used to it, because until we "reset" the gov't this type of activity is going to greatly increase, especially with all the new RFID animal rules.

Total Tyranny is what we are faced with at this point.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
Get used to it, because until we "reset" the gov't this type of activity is going to greatly increase, especially with all the new RFID animal rules.

Total Tyranny is what we are faced with at this point.

There is no way I'm going to get used to that. Its near the top list of things that are unacceptable. Shoot now, ask questions later. Steal horses now, figure out they were abused later. Its disgusting and unacceptable.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Just an update. Two or three friends and associates of Brian Travis have gone public to say they've never noticed anything at all wrong with the horses. At least one of them was quite up close to the horses. Most of them saw them from a fair distance so wouldn't be in such a good position to tell how their health is doing. Even the veterinarian who was there most recently didn't say anything to the Travis family about the condition of the horses the last time he was there to bandage up a horse.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I would say this is just psychopathic SCPA and POLICE taking the fact they refused inspection personally.
And trying to get at them like all good psycho's do.
Unfortunately for them, the luck of the draw, they got a psycho in a job of power.
More tax payers money will be paid out to these people in the subsequent law suits no doubt.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by BorgHoffen
I would say this is just psychopathic SCPA and POLICE taking the fact they refused inspection personally.

Psychopaths breaking a multitute of laws in the process of taking it personally.

At what point are we collectively going to say "enough"? At what point are we gonna knock these @$%^*%#&*((^% psychopaths on their asses? Had enough yet??

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
There is another story here:

Union Leader

It's not the story so much, but read the comments towards that bottom of the page. Folks fighting about "Free Staters".

And from another article, same source:
Free Staters:

The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 people to move to New Hampshire, with a goal of creating a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property.

union leader, horses

[edit on 13-3-2009 by spacedoubt]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Here is another update with Brian Travis and his wife telling their side of the story, apparently to a local news agency:

Part 1:

Part 2:

The SPCA still says it has not completed its investigation and will not say a single word about anything, including where the horses are at the present time. The SPCA was in the news because the organization itself has been accused of abusing animals in its care, so whether they are being abused by the SPCA right now is not known. It is becoming quite clear however that the animals were just fine considering how good of shape the rest of the horses are in right now. It seems like their focus will be on how much shelter was available for the horses. However, its simply an outrage they were so inept as to not completely figure out weather or not the horses had adequate shelter before stealing the horses.

top topics

join